All trophies for Secret Ponchos are now boostable!

KillerUni12

This boosting is by no means quick or exciting, and you need a deathbringer to even boost, but it's now possible at least

I take no credit for coming up with this, CaptHowdy_91 showed it to me 

1. Get a Deserter to Deathbringer for at least one partner

2. Partners will need to team up in a 1v1 RANKED match, shouldn't be too hard since the online isn't at all active

3. Once the match starts, the partner that isn't on their deathbringer character will damage but not kill thier opponent

4. The DB will heal, repeat but leave time to let the DB get all the way up to full health (will update once I have more info on damage etc.)

5. The goal is to inflict as much damage as possible but still end up with both characters at full health

6. The match will time out and if both characters have the same health, result in a draw

7. Rinse and repeat

8. I'm not sure if the maximum draws are 25, but by my 25 round I earned a bounty of 75k which is 75% of the way to DB.

It's important to get as close to DB as you can in a round because a petty gets a 10x score multiplier when fighting a DB.

Good luck to all!!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

This boosting is by no means quick or exciting, and you need a deathbringer to even boost, but it's now possible at least

I take no credit for coming up with this, CaptHowdy_91 showed it to me 

1. Get a Deserter to Deathbringer for at least one partner

2. Partners will need to team up in a 1v1 RANKED match, shouldn't be too hard since the online isn't at all active

3. Once the match starts, the partner that isn't on their deathbringer character will damage but not kill thier opponent

4. The DB will heal, repeat but leave time to let the DB get all the way up to full health (will update once I have more info on damage etc.)

5. The goal is to inflict as much damage as possible but still end up with both characters at full health

6. The match will time out and if both characters have the same health, result in a draw

7. Rinse and repeat

8. I'm not sure if the maximum draws are 25, but by my 25 round I earned a bounty of 75k which is 75% of the way to DB.

It's important to get as close to DB as you can in a round because a petty gets a 10x score multiplier when fighting a DB.

Good luck to all!!

Tonight i've tried with my partner. End at round 31, earned 128k, this method works but it's really boring comparated to domination method. Anyway thanks for the tips (y) 

What's the domination method? is it quicker?

You need to play 2vs2 so 2 controller are required. The method is just kill the 2nd controller, 1 match=8 mins and you do around 25 kills (around 4000-4600 XP every complete match), with this method both player gain XP. It's a good way because both player play and is not long as it sounds. 

You need to play 2vs2 so 2 controller are required. The method is just kill the 2nd controller, 1 match=8 mins and you do around 25 kills (around 4000-4600 XP every complete match), with this method both player gain XP. It's a good way because both player play and is not long as it sounds.

sounds way better than the one i detailed! lol, I'll have to try that one

sounds way better than the one i detailed! lol, I'll have to try that one

I've discovered my method just playing, it's just more doable. Anyway, now i'm playing with yours, in 2 hours i rank up, at round 28 i finish with 118k, this game is not long/hard how trophy guide describe, you just need to find a dedicated boosting partner.  

Just a question, did you know if "High Streak Ender" (Ended an outlaw's 10+ winning streak) it's buggy? I've done a win streak with my second controller, got the trophy too for win streak and after that with my first player i've defeated him but the trophy doesen't pop  :angry: 

Edited by killer91ITA

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

I am doing this right now with a friend and I can confirm the method pointed out in the roadmap is 100% accurate and works perfectly fine. One Deathbringer Rank takes 25 rounds to bring him to 100.000$ takes 95 minutes. 

I can add another tip. If you are the Deserter that takes damage for your partner you don't need to do anything except pressing triangle once the map starts to switch from your shotgun to the first aid kit. Simply fix the r2 button with a rubberband and you can go idle and play something else on vita or ps5 or clean up your room or whatever haha. You need three heals per round to get back to "draw". your char heals completely automatically as long as r2 is fixed. This way you can make something usefull in the meantime. 

Imagine the Deserter would start with the first aid kit directly in his hand this would mean that you could boost this completely alone by going idle the whole 95 minutes. But this does not work unfortunately. 

Edited by DavySuicide

• 9 months later...
On 21/01/2021 at 3:50 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

This game is a horrible grind I was contemplating jumping out from a tall building. So glad I never have to touch it again.

Is it that bad? I can see that you've completed it in over one day (second time). How many hours put into the game did it take you to complete it that fast?

8 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Is it that bad? I can see that you've completed it in over one day (second time). How many hours put into the game did it take you to complete it that fast?

Yes it was bad ask any of the people I know who has done it too Cabdk, Angus1343 they will say the exact same thing. I do not remember how long I spent on it, but it wasn't quick it felt really long because the grind sucks.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Yes it was bad ask any of the people I know who has done it too Cabdk, Angus1343 they will say the exact same thing. I do not remember how long I spent on it, but it wasn't quick it felt really long because the grind sucks.

Ok, thanks. I might leave it then and not start it at all. There's no point to put all that commitment for a game that doesn't even have a platinum.

3 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Ok, thanks. I might leave it then and not start it at all. There's no point to put all that commitment for a game that doesn't even have a platinum.

I was just giving my 2 cents on the grind and give people a heads up so they know what to expect.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...