Overlord: Fellowship of Evil

Aela

This time, following the death of the previous Overlord, players will take on the role of one of the four Netherghūls; undead servants of the dark arts hell-bent on reclaiming a world swallowed by the forces of good.

It’ll also feature local and online co-op. In keeping with the evil theme of the Overlord series, we’re told there will be ways in which players can shaft their teammates.

Although varying from the original Overlord formula, Fellowship of Evil is staying true to its roots. Marc Silk reprises his role of Gnarl, the wise old minion master, and heading up the writing side of things is the insanely talented Rhianna Pratchett, who penned the original scripts for both Overlord and Overlord 2.

“Finally the secret dark rituals have paid off!” says Pratchett. “I’m often asked if there’ll be another Overlord game, so it’s wonderful to be back in black helping to create a new carnage-filled evil ride. This is one game franchise which has been as fun to develop as it is to play, and Fellowship of Evil is no exception. And don’t worry, there will be sheepies. We have plans for them. Oh yes!”

over1-720x405.jpg

Codemasters executive producer Rob Elser mirrored Pratchett’s excitement, saying: “We really wanted to do something that would allow us be evil alongside our friends, instead of the normal heroics in every other game. The idea of playing as a team of bad guys commanding Minions to do our utmost bidding, while also causing chaos for each other, just really made us smile. And as you know, an Overlord game never takes itself too seriously.”

Overlord: Fellowship of Evil is due for release digitally during 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, for £14.99 / $19.99 / €19.99.

(source)

What do you guys think of this?

I myself was a big fan of Overlord II on the PS3. I loved its style of gameplay and found it really addictive - it was both humorous and enjoyable; be it from the dialogue of the minions, or just the carnage that was the owning of power over your own little minion army; slaughtering anything in your path (even little cute seals...)

This game looks rather different from its predecessors, but still intriguing - I'll most likely pick it up as it's released, especially considering the cost 

Edited by Batman

Rhianna Pratchett is Terry Pratchett's daughter, and if some says "Who's Terry Pratchett?" I will beat them to death with a rubber garden hose.

Is there some reason to think she is "insanely talented", other than a familial connection to the fanboy-favorite Discworld author?

Maybe it was her work on CSI: Fatal Conspiracy?

So far, I've only played the first game released on the PS3...it was "ok" in the beginning but became a bit redundant way too fast. With gameplay that simplistic, it could have stood to have a few hours shaved off of its overall play time. I still dunno if I even want to give Overlord II a chance.

I've been waiting for a sequel to Overlord II sine 2009 :D. So the Overlord from Overlord II has died already? Such a shame. This game looks so different and there are hardly any minions.I want my legion of minions. Woohoo, more senseless sheep slaughter :devil:.

Rhianna Pratchett is Terry Pratchett's daughter, and if some says "Who's Terry Pratchett?" I will beat them to death with a rubber garden hose.

Who's Terry Pratchett :awesome:

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Is there some reason to think she is "insanely talented", other than a familial connection to the fanboy-favorite Discworld author?

Maybe it was her work on CSI: Fatal Conspiracy?

Ah, a Terry Pratchett hater. "Quick, try to take the piss out of someone by jumping on the 'fanboy' button!"

She also wrote the most recent iteration of Tomb Raider, and Mirror's Edge. And before he died, Terry Pratchett mentioned that if anyone were to pick up the Discworld series after his death he'd want it to be his daughter, which to me is high praise.

Ah, a Terry Pratchett hater. "Quick, try to take the piss out of someone by jumping on the 'fanboy' button!"

She also wrote the most recent iteration of Tomb Raider, and Mirror's Edge. And before he died, Terry Pratchett mentioned that if anyone were to pick up the Discworld series after his death he'd want it to be his daughter, which to me is high praise.

LOL. Not a hater. I just couldn't let your comment slide. A garden hose? Ouch.

• 11 months later...

This is currently on flash sale, does this game still 

"This is a PSN game, there is no physical release. The game will freeze every 2 minutes for about 3+ seconds each time. This will not get you killed during a freeze, but it is annoying"

• 2 weeks later...