Mortal Kombat Goro DLC

HKelly91

I believe it's about $5.00 USD to purchase Goro.

Sort of off-topc: It's both greedy and disrespectful for NetherRealm and WB Games to not only make Goro a pre-order bonus, but then to also charge those who didn't pre-order $5.00 USD extra for a single character. Pre-ordering is an awful practise on the part of the consumer, and I always lose respect for a developer when I see them encouraging it.

• Like 4

Sort of off-topc: It's both greedy and disrespectful for NetherRealm and WB Games to not only make Goro a pre-order bonus, but then to also charge those who didn't pre-order $5.00 USD extra for a single character. Pre-ordering is an awful practise on the part of the consumer, and I always lose respect for a developer when I see them encouraging it.

I like you :D  100% this! I just noticed on the store you can purchase everything in the krypt for like 20$ I then began to cuss at my tv  <_<

To be fair, the kost for a single kharacter is konsistent under their kurrent charging methodology.  £3.99 for Goro and the Kombat Pack is £24.99.  Jason, Predator, Tanya and Tremor are all £6.25 assuming an even split - but I bet purchased separately and severally from the pack they will kost £7.99.

On the other hand, I agree that the kost is steep.  I'm hoping Boon's allusion to story mode DLC is some form of Story chapter for each of the Kharacters - it will make it more palatable.  That said, Warner Bros are heavily discounting their Season passes at the moment, and Middle-Earth Season Pass has been on sale as much as it hasn't - so personally I'm going to pay the price I feel fair when it reaches it.

What annoys me; is that in my choosing not to pre order is deemed as a punishable offence by the publisher - even though I purchased Day One.  That type of action turns me off to a publisher very quickly.  To the extent where I am not buying Arkham Knight at release and will wait a year for the All-In-One version (admittedly the kost of their pass is a factor also).

I understand that when there are retail specific pre order bonuses (although this practice is a different discussion) there are contracts and money on the table, but when there is a uniform pre order bonus there needs to be an updated approach.  For example; Pre Orders get Goro week one, but anyone getting a trophy/achievement in the first month receive him for free now that they are selling online.

Retailers still get the Pre Order from those that desire him immediately, but they also don't alienate those that still buy their game in the magic one month window.

As it stands, for me, Warner Bros have some making up to do - and I have enough games in my backlog that I need excuses not the buy more as soon as they release.

I like you :D  100% this! I just noticed on the store you can purchase everything in the krypt for like 20$ I then began to cuss at my tv  <_<

Seriously??? 20$ for everything?

And on the topic of pre orders  they should be made available to everybody in like  3 or 4 months FOR FREE!