One of the best racing games is back in spirit form (Wipeout lives on) - Formula Fusion

ZeroXOF

12fb0e885b1ee4ad37f6ae8564edfbe1_origina

Formula Fusion is a near-future anti-gravity racing game that brings fast, frantic, adrenaline-fuelled racing together with the raw sound of a thumping dance soundtrack and psychedelic visual effects. Set in the dystopian year of 2075 in the redeveloped ruins of New York State, Formula Fusion’s stunning atmospheric environments complement the dirty-urban visual design of The Designers Republic that truly set the stage for the Formula Fusion W.A.R Leagues – a dog-eat-dog racing competition born on the back of F1 racing.

Here's some pics

10f167b54db6b0be39d6c43fcfea094a_origina

e2e7d8f3f90ce743aba9f14d741e61a0_origina

Here's a video trailer 

A link to their kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/formulafusion/formula-fusion-next-gen-anti-gravity-racing-game

A article talking about their lineage to Wipeout: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/29/formula-fusion-racer-former-wipeout-developers-kickstarter/

Tears are rolling down my eyes, so much happiness I have knowing that this a spiritual successor to Wipeout. All I need is a Warhawk 2 and Brute Force sequel. 

tumblr_m8m88wTTk21rvwq31o1_500.gif

Edited by ZeroXOF

Why must you keep on hurting me?

lolol, but this is interesting when you read/watch stuff from the Kickstarter, I like how they are trying a more realistic route this time as to sort of emulate a Formula 1 game. I wonder if they will have a cockpit view, some of the art images in one of the videos sort of showed a desire for one. I love cockpit view so I would enjoy that, but it would have to be done the right way to work well! 

I've always picked up a Wipeout game every now and then and liked them for a few hours at most but never really truly was into the experience. That being said, they could do some interesting things with this game, I'll definitely keep a look at it!

Also, maybe they'll get it to the 400,000 stretch goal for a Vita version, lol :P

...But will it contain pre-order bonuses and day one paid DLC? :P

How DARE you! You forgot the $30 season pass. :P

Also, you aren't a WipEout fan unless you stylize it right. When I think of Wipeout I think of this:

wipeout-o.gif

Edited by Blue Flare
  • Like 1