Digimon Adventure Tri. (1st Promotional Video)

Xel

Translation: "If we didn't go to the Digital World. If I didn't make this trip with others. If we didn't change at all like this.

These Digimon were always with us. We've been friends all the time. We learned the importance of helping each other. All the things have made us what we are!

New stories for all the "DigiDestined" in the world. Taichi, seventeen, high school days"

The cast for the human characters in Digimon Adventure tri. is completely different from the original series, and will star:

as Taichi Yagami

as Yamato Ishida

as Sora Takenouchi

as Kōshirō Izumi

as Mimi Tachikawa

as Jō Kido

as Takeru Takaishi

as Hikari Yagami

The staff also announced that the anime will be a 6-part film series, with the first film titled "Saikai" (Reunion) premiering on November 21. The anime was first announced to be a "sequel anime series" premiering in spring.

Lastly, the staff announced that AiM (Ai Maeda) will return for the first ending theme "I wish." The website previously announced that Kouji Wada will return to perform the original opening theme song, "Butter-Fly," while Ayumi Miyazaki will also return to perform the insert song, "Brave Heart." All three songs are new recordings of songs from the original Digimon Adventure series.

The cast of the original 1999 anime (excluding Hiroko Konishi as Takeru) returned for the 2013Digimon Adventure PSP game, and a majority of the cast also returned for the "Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Blu-ray Box Special Drama CD" that was bundled with the Japanese Blu-ray box in March.

Edited by the_drag0n2

INFO

• it is not a TV series, but a 6 part Movie/OVA series that should still be a sequel to the TV series
  • 1st movie "Saikai/Reunion" prescreening at Digi-Festa: August 8th
  • 1st movie "Saikai/Reunion" wider release: November 21st
  • uknown length. Could be full length movies (90min+) or OVAs screened in cinemas (60min) like Unicorn/Akito/Gundam the Origin.

taken from reddit.

Interesting, kinda bummed its not a tv series though. 

• Like 1

INFO

• it is not a TV series, but a 6 part Movie/OVA series that should still be a sequel to the TV series
  • 1st movie "Saikai/Reunion" prescreening at Digi-Festa: August 8th
  • 1st movie "Saikai/Reunion" wider release: November 21st
  • uknown length. Could be full length movies (90min+) or OVAs screened in cinemas (60min) like Unicorn/Akito/Gundam the Origin.

taken from reddit.

Interesting, kinda bummed its not a tv series though. 

Same here, I wish it was a series. I'm still looking forward to it nonetheless.

I'll readily admit to squealing a little when Gatomon got her screentime. :)

Still, I'll hold off on getting too hyped for the time being. For all we know it might be a big disappointment.. :(

Edited by amnesty15

• 2 months later...