Hey there!

Remilia Scarlet

I never made one of these so I might as well! You can call me AnimeDreama. I am a huge gamer and anime nerd - have been since I was a little girl! I am currently enrolled in Lander University and majoring in history and visual arts. My dream is to work with Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) in their PlayStation division creating artwork for video games and promotional items. However, I also wish to get certified to teach high school history as my fall-back plan. I am 19 years old and entering my second year at college in the fall. 

231 posts in and about 10000 status updates...yeah it seems like a good time to make an intro :P

As someone who worked for Playstation and helped design some custom artwork just be careful. They have really cut down on what they use for promotional stuff (at least here in Canada) the stuff they do now vs what I used to get is night and day.

EDIT-FYI here is a poster I helped design and got one of the artists from PS3Trophies.com to create for me (Alison if anyone here knows her) It was for an Uncharted Tournament I was running as well as Move Demos I was going to do.

30uvno7.jpg

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

Welcome to the site! Here is your complimentary cup of tea  :coffee:  and I hope you enjoy the forums (although I am sure I have seen you on here lots already so you probably already are). Oh, and if you do get your dream job at Sony then don't forget the friendly owl who likes free stuff and once gave you an imaginary cup of tea. 

231 posts in and about 10000 status updates...yeah it seems like a good time to make an intro :P

As someone who worked for Playstation and helped design some custom artwork just be careful. They have really cut down on what they use for promotional stuff (at least here in Canada) the stuff they do now vs what I used to get is night and day.

I didn't know this, apparently my stalking skills have dulled lately.

Welcome to the site. Do you have any favorite anime or genres?

My favorite anime are Bleach and Clannad and my favorite gaming genres are fighting (Tekken and Mortal Kombat specifically) and role-playing (the Nep games and Skyrim specifically).

Wow, really? Did you ever meet Jack Tretton? And what did they used to send you vs now?

Etis eht ot emoclew. 

Do you like music? What kind of genre? You got a idol or something? 

I love music! My favorite genre is rock and metal. My musical idol, however, is Justin Timberlake! He's such a hot plate of sexual man chocolate... mmmm *blushes*

Welcome to the site! Here is your complimentary cup of tea  :coffee:  and I hope you enjoy the forums (although I am sure I have seen you on here lots already so you probably already are). Oh, and if you do get your dream job at Sony then don't forget the friendly owl who likes free stuff and once gave you an imaginary cup of tea. 

I won't forget you!

EDIT-FYI here is a poster I helped design and got one of the artists from PS3Trophies.com to create for me (Alison if anyone here knows her) It was for an Uncharted Tournament I was running as well as Move Demos I was going to do.

30uvno7.jpg

Bruh that's amazing!

Wow, really? Did you ever meet Jack Tretton? And what did they used to send you vs now?

Um yes....funny story about that (one that I couldn't tell when I worked for the company).

So my first year with them (2010) they sent us to Vancouver for the Sony Conference. My flight got messed up so they had to send me later meaning I missed the initial check in and they gave my room away. So the hotel booked me an executive suite on the top floor and I had the room next to Jack Tretton.

So on the second night I was getting ready to go out with some of the other reps and I got on the elevator and who should be getting off but Jack Tretton...and his 18 year old...let us say "secretary" She was dressed very nice for a "secretary" and it was weird that I never saw his "secretary" at any of the events after that :ninja: .

As for stuff we would get, it was a lot different then. You can see my earlier post where I was able to create that myself. They let me do pretty much whatever I wanted which meant I could get away with some crazy shit. I became so popular in one of my malls that they actually moved Santa so I could have more room for my demos. By the end though we were getting a couple of posters per game or maybe a small standee and it was pretty hard to showcase stuff off. I was told I wasn't allowed to run any "unapproved" demos anymore as that was the Events Team job and I was glad to leave by the end.

Here are some examples of my displays

b9f7fa.jpg2elvzfs.jpg

6oikb5.jpg691d1f.jpg2w7hft4.jpg

• Like 1

Um yes....funny story about that (one that I couldn't tell when I worked for the company).

So my first year with them (2010) they sent us to Vancouver for the Sony Conference. My flight got messed up so they had to send me later meaning I missed the initial check in and they gave my room away. So the hotel booked me an executive suite on the top floor and I had the room next to Jack Tretton.

So on the second night I was getting ready to go out with some of the other reps and I got on the elevator and who should be getting off but Jack Tretton...and his 18 year old...let us say "secretary" She was dressed very nice for a "secretary" and it was weird that I never saw his "secretary" at any of the events after that :ninja: .

As for stuff we would get, it was a lot different then. You can see my earlier post where I was able to create that myself. They let me do pretty much whatever I wanted which meant I could get away with some crazy shit. I became so popular in one of my malls that they actually moved Santa so I could have more room for my demos. By the end though we were getting a couple of posters per game or maybe a small standee and it was pretty hard to showcase stuff off. I was told I wasn't allowed to run any "unapproved" demos anymore as that was the Events Team job and I was glad to leave by the end.

Here are some examples of my displays

b9f7fa.jpg2elvzfs.jpg

6oikb5.jpg691d1f.jpg2w7hft4.jpg

That's pretty crazy stuff man. I had the honor to meet him as well. It happened last year. Sony was doing a promotion for their new Vaio series of laptops, and Jack happened to be there. I started hyperventilating xD I just kept spewing out how much I love Sony and he ended up giving me a free copy of The Last of Us  :jaymon:

Heya there AnimeDreama ! A warm welcome to PSNP :wave:

Nice to see someone of the same age with such big future plans !

Unlike me... :P

Good luck on those plans of yours !!!

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

I never made one of these so I might as well! You can call me AnimeDreama. I am a huge gamer and anime nerd - have been since I was a little girl! I am currently enrolled in Lander University and majoring in history and visual arts. My dream is to work with Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) in their PlayStation division creating artwork for video games and promotional items. However, I also wish to get certified to teach high school history as my fall-back plan. I am 19 years old and entering my second year at college in the fall. 

Best of luck with your plans