Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Is there a set up to get the powerleveling gear? I never could find anything that worked for the ps3 version (just the x360 version)

Here's my setup:

• Weapons: duplicate a weak weapon with no stats and synth 2 Curry Rice on it for 40% EXP for everyone except Bacchus (he gets the Scumbag Slayer)
  • Neck accessory: any with a Curry Rice for 15% EXP and duplicate it 3 more times.
  • Wrist: create Learning Gloves (comes with 10% EXP) and synth a Curry Rice on it for 15% more EXP, duplicate this 3 more times.

Grand total:

140% EXP from blue bonus tiles

120% EXP from weapons

60% EXP from neck accessories

100% EXP from wrist accessories

420% increase in EXP, killing metal scumbags in 7SD with Bacchus' Black Hole Sphere yields more than 3.6 million EXP per fight :dance:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

The Fol grind went great, so I'm ready to visit Santa. Finally feel like I'm actually progressing.

420% increase in EXP, killing metal scumbags in 7SD with Bacchus' Black Hole Sphere yields more than 3 million EXP per fight :dance:.

*gasp* I'll totally need to come back to 7SD B7 tomorrow then... get the weak ones at least to level 200. Too much work to break the BT level cap for everyone right now, plus I feel really impatient and eager to finally go deeper into WD.

Edited by NetEntity

Here's my setup:

• Weapons: duplicate a weak weapon with no stats and synth 2 Curry Rice on it for 40% EXP for everyone except Bacchus (he gets the Scumbag Slayer)
  • Neck accessory: any with a Curry Rice for 15% EXP and duplicate it 3 more times.
  • Wrist: create Learning Gloves (comes with 10% EXP) and synth a Curry Rice on it for 15% more EXP, duplicate this 3 more times.

Grand total:

140% EXP from blue bonus tiles

120% EXP from weapons

60% EXP from neck accessories

100% EXP from wrist accessories

420% increase in EXP, killing metal scumbags in 7SD with Bacchus' Black Hole Sphere yields more than 3 million EXP per fight :dance:.

Thanks :D. Can't get those Metal Scumbags to show up though :( I have only seen 2 and they both ran away before I could take them out. 99 is going to suck

What doesn't suck is my update for this week...drum roll please.

MARCH GOALS

1. I want to have 864/900 BTs (96%)

2. Edge at 15000 Kills

3. Arumat at 15000 Kills

4. Bacchus 100% Done

5. Sarah 100% Done

6. Meracle 100% Done

Edge's Battle Trophies-99% (+1)

Faize's Battle Trophies-92% (0)

Reimi's Battle Trophies-100%

Lymle's Battle Trophies-91% (+3)

Meracle's Battle Trophies-100% (+1)

Bacchus' Battle Trophies-100% (+3)

Myuria's Battle Trophies-89% (+4)

Sarah's Battle Trophies-100% (+1)

Arumat's Battle Trophies-95% (+1)

39/47 Trophies  - 866/900 Battle Trophies - I have no idea what my time is. I will calculate it at the end :P

v3in2v.jpg

Follow the remaining Battle Trophies Here

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

The Fol grind went great, so I'm ready to visit Santa. Finally feel like I'm actually progressing.

*gasp* I'll totally need to come back to 7SD B7 tomorrow then... get the weak ones at least to level 200. Too much work to break the BT level cap for everyone right now, plus I feel really impatient and eager to finally go deeper into WD.

Where do you farm fol?

It took me a little over an hour to get the first batch of party members to lvl 200. I only have 4 with the increased lvl cap and one of those is Faize :facepalm:.

Thanks :D. Can't get those Metal Scumbags to show up though :( I have only seen 2 and they both ran away before I could take them out. 99 is going to suck

What doesn't suck is my update for this week...drum roll please.

MARCH GOALS

1. I want to have 864/900 BTs (96%)

2. Edge at 15000 Kills

3. Arumat at 15000 Kills

4. Bacchus 100% Done

5. Sarah 100% Done

6. Meracle 100% Done

Edge's Battle Trophies-99% (+1)

Faize's Battle Trophies-92% (0)

Reimi's Battle Trophies-100%

Lymle's Battle Trophies-91% (+3)

Meracle's Battle Trophies-100% (+1)

Bacchus' Battle Trophies-100% (+3)

Myuria's Battle Trophies-89% (+4)

Sarah's Battle Trophies-100% (+1)

Arumat's Battle Trophies-95% (+1)

39/47 Trophies  - 866/900 Battle Trophies - I have no idea what my time is. I will calculate it at the end :P

v3in2v.jpg

Follow the remaining Battle Trophies Here

Nice work, congrats :yay:.

I trapped the metal scumbag in a corner and get a preemptive attack every time. Sometimes a Hades Crab spawns too, which is annoying. If it's just 3 metal scumbags, the fight is over within 10 seconds. 

Where do you farm fol?

It took me a little over an hour to get the first batch of party members to lvl 200. I only have 4 with the increased lvl cap and one of those is Faize :facepalm:.

Nice work, congrats :yay:.

I trapped the metal scumbag in a corner and get a preemptive attack every time. Sometimes a Hades Crab spawns too, which is annoying. If it's just 3 metal scumbags, the fight is over within 10 seconds. 

I will have to try it :). I might do it on my Faize playthrough as I will need to level him up anyways to do the 55 Grigori match.

Also for FOL just go for the drops in the Wandering Dungeon and you will be rolling in money. I had 30 million at one point.

I did a "Santa run" in WD with 80 million fols at hand, I've bought every weapon he had for sale and 20 Tri-Emblems, now I'm ready to synth some good stuff. I've used the fol farming method against Metal Scumbags in order to gather so much money.

BTW, I've slaughtered Gabe 4 wings form in minutes with this equipment not yet modified, now grinding grigoris is manageable.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

Managed to get Arumat and Bacchus to lvl 255 and Sarah, Meracle, Myuria, and Lymle to lvl 200. Still working to get Edge to lvl 255 and Reimi to lvl 200.

23/47 Trophies - 357/900 Battle Trophies - 128:25 Hours.

I will have to try it :). I might do it on my Faize playthrough as I will need to level him up anyways to do the 55 Grigori match.

Also for FOL just go for the drops in the Wandering Dungeon and you will be rolling in money. I had 30 million at one point.

Ok.

I did a "Santa run" in WD with 80 million fols at hand, I've bought every weapon he had for sale and 20 Tri-Emblems, now I'm ready to synth some good stuff. I've used the fol farming method against Metal Scumbags in order to gather so much money.

BTW, I've slaughtered Gabe 4 wings form in minutes with this equipment not yet modified, now grinding grigoris is manageable.

I read about that method. In my experience Metal Scumbags run away a lot more instead of stealing money. How long did it take you to get 80 million with that method?

You have to keep spamming Black Hole, forcing them into rush mode (and time your rush mode so that you activate it at the same time) in order to have them consistently steal instead of running away. Took me one hour more or less and didn't have the max fol bonus applied to equipment, just a few +20% and +15% here and there. Run away if there's a crab among scumbags.

PS. Anyone here did Lymle EQ BTs on Faize playthrough? Any advices? I'm gathering materials to synth ultimate Laser Weapons/Laser Suits and Super Tri-Emblums for 4 chars, hope I'll manage to get those BTs anyway.

Edited by Brightblade76

I read about that method. In my experience Metal Scumbags run away a lot more instead of stealing money. How long did it take you to get 80 million with that method?

It took me around 40 minutes to get to 90+ million. 

Edited by NetEntity

You have to keep spamming Black Hole, forcing them into rush mode (and time your rush mode so that you activate it at the same time) in order to have them consistently steal instead of running away. Took me one hour more or less and didn't have the max fol bonus applied to equipment, just a few +20% and +15% here and there. Run away if there's a crab among scumbags.

It took me around 40 minutes to get to 90+ million. 

Ok, good to know. I'll see if I can combine it with Arumat's and Lymle's scumbag BTs.

Ok, good to know. I'll see if I can combine it with Arumat's and Lymle's scumbag BTs.

Use Foal Snaps for the wrist base, they already have the Fol factor. And stock up on Riot Potions at EN II, they'll allow you to spam the Black Hole non-stop without refilling your MP. Just have somebody else ready to give Bacchus a new potion when the effect runs out.   

• Like 1

Use Foal Snaps for the wrist base, they already have the Fol factor. And stock up on Riot Potions at EN II, they'll allow you to spam the Black Hole non-stop without refilling your MP. Just have somebody else ready to give Bacchus a new potion when the effect runs out.   

Awesome, I'll keep that in mind. Thnx :D.

Blasted, blasted apes. If not for them, the grind would've went a bit faster...

Anyway, Bacchus and Arumat are lvl 255, Edge is lvl 220, Lymle and Sarah are lvl 200, Reimi is still lvl 145 and Myuria is lvl 105 (feeling lazy, ans she isn't needed for EQ, so I think I leave her like that).

I'm planning to break the cap for everyone sans Myuria and head back after that.