Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Here's another quick progress update. I finally passed the 100+ hour mark! Wooo!! I made some fantastic progress this week on BTs for Reimi (+53%), including her 1 minute and 3 minute BTs which took me a few tries before I finally timed it correctly. I also did some good work on BTs for Edge (+14%). Here are the new numbers  xD 

Edge-53%

Reimi-73%

Faize-80%

Lymle-66%

Bacchus-21%

Meracle-10%

Sarah-0%

Myuria-4%

12/47 Trophies - 307/900 Battle Trophies - 106:23 Hours

Nice work :yay:, updated your progress.

Ok I have returned, I have decided to get myself back into the game with a 'casual' Galaxy play through and ill attempt to get all PAs too and see what battle trophies i get along the way,after that time to dig in seriously for the grind ahead. xD

you can beat the game in 8 to 25 hours depending on the course of action

I'd probably put these games on hold, stick with the ocean of stars theplatrunner until the 1st playthrough  :)

S5915a0.png inFAMOUS Second Son

1 of 48 Trophies

September 29th 2015 ps4_10.png E

RANK platinum_icon_off.png

S579994.png Legend of Kay Anniversary

8 of 26 Trophies

September 28th 2015 ps4_10.png D

8 of 52 Trophies

September 23rd 2015 ps4_10.pngps3_10.png E

1 of 19 Trophies

September 27th 2015 ps4_10.png E

RANK complete_icon_off.png

you can do it   :highfive:

1 of 47 Trophies

September 10th 2015 ps3_10.png E

1%
Edited by Titan Balls

Got my Ashlay kills done so now I'm all set for my Universe and Chaos runs.  :D

Only 650 colosseum battles to go  :( Honestly would it of killed them to put some sort of instant rematch option? I literally fell asleep going through menu's while doing Reimi's 200 battles last night.

• Like 3

HELPFUL TIP

I didn't see this in the Helpful Tip section and it isn't mentioned in the guide (at least not what I can see). I was on Aeos (the second part where you get Arumat) and noticed that Magical Clay was in all the mining areas. You can get 6-8 magical clays on a run through of that part of the island and then go back to the ship and do it again. This helps with the duplication process :)

HELPFUL TIP

I didn't see this in the Helpful Tip section and it isn't mentioned in the guide (at least not what I can see). I was on Aeos (the second part where you get Arumat) and noticed that Magical Clay was in all the mining areas. You can get 6-8 magical clays on a run through of that part of the island and then go back to the ship and do it again. This helps with the duplication process :)

Not worth it when the ship is stuck on the last area. Easier is just go to cave of the seven stars B1, set everyone to manual and steal those bone knights with Myuria.

Believe me, I tried broth ways and you save LOTS of time by just stealing those bones knights. Also, your backtracking is shorter from the cave that from Aeos xD.

Not worth it when the ship is stuck on the last area. Easier is just go to cave of the seven stars B1, set everyone to manual and steal those bone knights with Myuria.

Believe me, I tried broth ways and you save LOTS of time by just stealing those bones knights. Also, your backtracking is shorter from the cave that from Aeos xD.

I replied in my status but I will reply here as well ^_^

I tried to do it this way and never had any luck. I just found it more certain to do it the Aeos way and work on Airborne Enemy kills with Sarah.

I tried to do it this way and never had any luck. I just found it more certain to do it the Aeos way and work on Airborne Enemy kills with Sarah.

You know what the fun thing is?

I actually believe you, really. Given the randomness of the game I can actually believe anything.

You know what the fun thing is?

I actually believe you, really. Given the randomness of the game I can actually believe anything.

What, are you saying this game isn't fair and its RNG is complete bullshit :P

You know I thought of something today. It takes 10-20 hours to get 255 drops for one character...it takes about 20 hours to beat the game on Universe. And the thing is those drops aren't even very good or rare (you can buy or mine most of them) and you can only hold 20 at a time. It is like this game revels in how completely incompetent it is. It is like "let us see how much garbage we can throw into our game and see if we can make people do it" :P

What, are you saying this game isn't fair and its RNG is complete bullshit :P

You know I thought of something today. It takes 10-20 hours to get 255 drops for one character...it takes about 20 hours to beat the game on Universe. And the thing is those drops aren't even very good or rare (you can buy or mine most of them) and you can only hold 20 at a time. It is like this game revels in how completely incompetent it is. It is like "let us see how much garbage we can throw into our game and see if we can make people do it" :P

Because they knew the game's storyline was short as fack. So they decided to add random crap to artificially increase the game's length. Simple as that.

Only 650 colosseum battles to go  :( Honestly would it of killed them to put some sort of instant rematch option? I literally fell asleep going through menu's while doing Reimi's 200 battles last night.

There are LOTS of stuff the game could have done way better.

Got my Ashlay kills done so now I'm all set for my Universe and Chaos runs.  :D

I'm finally done with all the exact damage battle trophies!

Nice, congrats :yay:.

HELPFUL TIP

I'll add these to the OP.

Edit:

It seems I've reached the limit of quotes in the OP :facepalm:, therefore only Mayus' first quote is the only on that made it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Awesome, congrats :yay:. Meracle and Bacchus have the worst -ology drop rates.

Really? Well that's good :) (1 down then)

I really wish I had been smarter in how I played the game though. LIke with Sarah, I got her drops but didn't work on her Airborne or MP Drain trophies at the same time. Now I need to do a bunch more battles with her to get those to unlock.

Same thing like I got 999 bugs with Faize but forgot to keep an extra save so now I need to do 3000 battles from the beginning again :(.

Really? Well that's good :) (1 down then)

I really wish I had been smarter in how I played the game though. LIke with Sarah, I got her drops but didn't work on her Airborne or MP Drain trophies at the same time. Now I need to do a bunch more battles with her to get those to unlock.

Same thing like I got 999 bugs with Faize but forgot to keep an extra save so now I need to do 3000 battles from the beginning again :(.

Yeah, I've done Bacchus too and it took about 24 hours in Cardianon :facepalm:.

That sucks :(. The reason I'm holding off Sarah's -ology drops is because she hasn't learned Tornado yet for the airborne kills. You could do those airborne kills on the Faize playthrough and have him in your active party for the 3,000 battles.

Yeah, I've done Bacchus too and it took about 24 hours in Cardianon :facepalm:.

That sucks :(. The reason I'm holding off Sarah's -ology drops is because she hasn't learned Tornado yet for the airborne kills. You could do those airborne kills on the Faize playthrough and have him in your active party for the 3,000 battles.

That's actually a good idea. I am also going to save some drop trophies for that playthrough for that exact reason as well. I haven't even started Lymle or Myruia's drops yet

That's actually a good idea. I am also going to save some drop trophies for that playthrough for that exact reason as well. I haven't even started Lymle or Myruia's drops yet

Happy to help :D. If you haven't done Bacchus yet, you can save those too. I got the BT for 333, 500, 777, and 1,000 battles in Cardianon while farming Bacchus' 255 -ology drops. Just make sure you don't save Arumat's drops for the Faize playthrough ;).

• Like 3