A godly platinum race: zajac vs Wdjat doods!-Concluded

Guided Fate Plat Race doods!  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this plat race?

You can do the EN glitch with just Energy Saver, you do the level glitch with the combination of Energy Saver/Hybrid and deep Thinker. How much damage are you taking there? I wasn't taking any from enemies, maybe focus on defense for a while/level in general lol?

You can do the EN glitch with just Energy Saver, you do the level glitch with the combination of Energy Saver/Hybrid and deep Thinker. How much damage are you taking there? I wasn't taking any from enemies, maybe focus on defense for a while/level in general lol?

By the end, I was taking 7,000-15,500 damage a hit. I had around 40,000 health and an angel with an angel halo to make up for the damage, but once my equipment burst, my stats lowered enough for me to be a two-hit kill on the stronger enemies. I focus mostly on attack and hit. Before I didn't focus on hit enough, and I couldn't even attack most of the enemies in the later floors.

By the end, I was taking 7,000-15,500 damage a hit. I had around 40,000 health and an angel with an angel halo to make up for the damage, but once my equipment burst, my stats lowered enough for me to be a two-hit kill on the stronger enemies. I focus mostly on attack and hit. Before I didn't focus on hit enough, and I couldn't even attack most of the enemies in the later floors.

Fair enough, I went under the premise that if the enemies couldn't hurt me it wouldn't matter how many hits it took me to kill them and that's worked out pretty well for me. My hit was pretty low too and it definitely effects you later on so I've started focusing on that. I think I'm gonna play this a bit again tomorrow as I'm kinda in the mood again now, maybe prep myself for advanced and do a couple of the ex dungeons. :)

Fair enough, I went under the premise that if the enemies couldn't hurt me it wouldn't matter how many hits it took me to kill them and that's worked out pretty well for me. My hit was pretty low too and it definitely effects you later on so I've started focusing on that. I think I'm gonna play this a bit again tomorrow as I'm kinda in the mood again now, maybe prep myself for advanced and do a couple of the ex dungeons. :)

That's not the best way to compete in the CWC, but if you say so. I'm going to be too busy to go on my PS3 most of tomorrow, so I'll probably just do the EN glitch during that time and fill my divinigram with defense and hit icons so that I can finally earn another trophy in this game.

That's not the best way to compete in the CWC, but if you say so. I'm going to be too busy to go on my PS3 most of tomorrow, so I'll probably just do the EN glitch during that time and fill my divinigram with defense and hit icons so that I can finally earn another trophy in this game.

Lol I know, but I'm not in the mood to play easy games atm and won't have too much time to play tomorrow anyway I don't think. I won it last season, not too fussed this season. I aim to win gold next season so I've won all 4 leagues and the cwc. :) Don't forget you can't level glitch without deep thinker. I wonder how much easier it would make it if your total level was real high though? Mine is still only just over 2000 lol.

Lol I know, but I'm not in the mood to play easy games atm and won't have too much time to play tomorrow anyway I don't think. I won it last season, not too fussed this season. I aim to win gold next season so I've won all 4 leagues and the cwc. :) Don't forget you can't level glitch without deep thinker. I wonder how much easier it would make it if your total level was real high though? Mine is still only just over 2000 lol.

You just said a few posts ago that I can just use energy saver. :blink: I knew that was wrong! My total level is just under 5000. I get about 300 levels per run in the intermediate dungeon and about 75 levels per run grinding levels in level 10. I'm pretty sure there's a cap to base stats, but I have no concrete evidence to prove it. If there is one though, it's way above level 9999.

You just said a few posts ago that I can just use energy saver. :blink: I knew that was wrong! My total level is just under 5000. I get about 300 levels per run in the intermediate dungeon and about 75 levels per run grinding levels in level 10. I'm pretty sure there's a cap to base stats, but I have no concrete evidence to prove it. If there is one though, it's way above level 9999.

The EN glitch and Level glitch are different things. With the EN glitch you get infinite EN and so this renders all food pretty much useless, this is handy for the survival dungeon as you can grind as much as you want early on with no risk of starvation to get ahead of the steep level curve in there, and also burst more stuff before the first caravan.

The level glitch uses energy saver and deep thinker. Deep thinker basically gives you 0.1% of a level up per turn, so every 1000 turns you'll increase 1 level, using this in combination with the infinite EN glitch whilst 'resting' with X and O allows you to pass an endless amount of turns quickly in real time resulting in a large amount of levels increased. Obviously you have to do this somewhere where enemies can't get to you or have your angel protect you from them and also be on a floor where the divine wind won't move you along. I'd imagine the final floor of an already completed story dungeon would be a good bet. 

You only have the stuff for the EN glitch atm so can't use it to level up, but can use it for the survival dungeon, which I'd recommend if you want to gain levels quickly without using the glitch anyway. 

Also at level 5000ish you should have no issue with the intermediate dungeon if you set up your divinigram properly. :)

Edit: You gain a lot of base stats through survival, not levels. Sorry.

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 1

The EN glitch and Level glitch are different things. With the EN glitch you get infinite EN and so this renders all food pretty much useless, this is handy for the survival dungeon as you can grind as much as you want early on with no risk of starvation to get ahead of the steep level curve in there, and also burst more stuff before the first caravan.

The level glitch uses energy saver and deep thinker. Deep thinker basically gives you 0.1% of a level up per turn, so every 1000 turns you'll increase 1 level, using this in combination with the infinite EN glitch whilst 'resting' with X and O allows you to pass an endless amount of turns quickly in real time resulting in a large amount of levels increased. Obviously you have to do this somewhere where enemies can't get to you or have your angel protect you from them and also be on a floor where the divine wind won't move you along. I'd imagine the final floor of an already completed story dungeon would be a good bet. 

You only have the stuff for the EN glitch atm so can't use it to level up, but can use it for the survival dungeon, which I'd recommend if you want to gain levels quickly without using the glitch anyway. 

Also at level 5000ish you should have no issue with the intermediate dungeon if you set up your divinigram properly. :)

Edit: You gain a lot of base stats through survival, not levels. Sorry.

Ah, I see. But aren't you not allowed to place artifacts on your divinigram until the first caravan? Also, my divinigram setup is half of the problem. I had no idea what I was doing when I first started this game and now have a pretty messed up divinigram  with a bunch of +1s that I feel like would be very time consuming to fix. I'm slowly fixing it up before each run, but I really should eventually just spend an hour to fix it entirely.

Ah, I see. But aren't you not allowed to place artifacts on your divinigram until the first caravan? Also, my divinigram setup is half of the problem. I had no idea what I was doing when I first started this game and now have a pretty messed up divinigram  with a bunch of +1s that I feel like would be very time consuming to fix. I'm slowly fixing it up before each run, but I really should eventually just spend an hour to fix it entirely.

The way the glitch works I assume you don't need the artifact in your divinigram whilst it is active. I thought the same as you but there's plenty stuff around the internet with people talking about using the glitch for survival so it must work. I don't have the artifacts so haven't actually tried it myself. And yes you should it would definitely save you time in the long run, but also the artifacts placed and the god energies going into them is also important. If you have anything like HP up, Att up etc place them on they increase your stats more than a few squares, I think so anyway. If you have violent hunger you can use that in conjunction with the EN glitch to perma-boost your attack bu quite a bit, especially if you have god energies directed at it. Then you could focus more squares and God energies at defense which would allow you to survive longer, burst more +3's and increase your overall stats by having better squares to put down.

The way the glitch works I assume you don't need the artifact in your divinigram whilst it is active. I thought the same as you but there's plenty stuff around the internet with people talking about using the glitch for survival so it must work. I don't have the artifacts so haven't actually tried it myself. And yes you should it would definitely save you time in the long run, but also the artifacts placed and the god energies going into them is also important. If you have anything like HP up, Att up etc place them on they increase your stats more than a few squares, I think so anyway. If you have violent hunger you can use that in conjunction with the EN glitch to perma-boost your attack bu quite a bit, especially if you have god energies directed at it. Then you could focus more squares and God energies at defense which would allow you to survive longer, burst more +3's and increase your overall stats by having better squares to put down.

Right now I have one God energy directed to each of the five attack up small for each of the five body parts and one directed to inventory up medium. Then I have inventory up small, hit up, defense up, and I think one other artifact, but I don't remember right now. Most of the other artifacts I have suck with the exception of inventory up large, but it didn't fit in my divinigram. I have to shuffle some tiles around for energy saver anyway, so I'll see what I can do to fix it up.

Right now I have one God energy directed to each of the five attack up small for each of the five body parts and one directed to inventory up medium. Then I have inventory up small, hit up, defense up, and I think one other artifact, but I don't remember right now. Most of the other artifacts I have suck with the exception of inventory up large, but it didn't fit in my divinigram. I have to shuffle some tiles around for energy saver anyway, so I'll see what I can do to fix it up.

What are you aiming for with that? An intermediate dungeon run? Personally I'd focus more God energies on the defense up, maybe 3 and have the attack up on your 2 weapons. 

Was on floor 175 of EX Advanced then a thunderstorm hit so I wanted to get to a gate to suspend save, power surge happens right before I get to the gate FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!! Am I just not destined to win a plat race doods?

That's what you get for being a loser pal. ;)

I've not played in like the last 4 days, basically trying to give you the win. :P I'm actually playing atm though, on floor 55 of advanced and going along nicely, still no Demon gaze though and improving my weapons is getting expensive. :/

That's what you get for being a loser pal. ;)

I've not played in like the last 4 days, basically trying to give you the win. :P I'm actually playing atm though, on floor 55 of advanced and going along nicely, still no Demon gaze though and improving my weapons is getting expensive. :/

I've pretty much taken a break the past few days as well, only thing I did was run through EX 6 and max out a weapon before getting on today dood. I had the best luck in the world this run too. Honestly not even sure when I'll try again, this is just too demoralizing dood

I've pretty much taken a break the past few days as well, only thing I did was run through EX 6 and max out a weapon before getting on today dood. I had the best luck in the world this run too. Honestly not even sure when I'll try again, this is just too demoralizing dood

Yeh I feel you man, it's rough when stuff like that happens. I do genuinely feel bad cos I know how much it sucks, and you were twice as far in as me as well. :/ I took a break cos of the exact same sort of thing as you know. At least you have Freedom Wars to look forward to tomorrow. ;) I'll idle whilst you play and play Guided Fate instead. :P

Yeh I feel you man, it's rough when stuff like that happens. I do genuinely feel bad cos I know how much it sucks, and you were twice as far in as me as well. :/ I took a break cos of the exact same sort of thing as you know. At least you have Freedom Wars to look forward to tomorrow. ;) I'll idle whilst you play and play Guided Fate instead. :P

Wait but.........I was gonna do that, poor Mah2c is gonna be working all alone with idle characters  dood xD

• Like 1

What are you aiming for with that? An intermediate dungeon run? Personally I'd focus more God energies on the defense up, maybe 3 and have the attack up on your 2 weapons. 

That was just my original divinigram setup, and I never bothered to change it. I'm going to change it the next time I'm on (since it's obvious that I won't get much further in the game until I do that) and start getting more +3 tiles before I try another run.

That was just my original divinigram setup, and I never bothered to change it. I'm going to change it the next time I'm on (since it's obvious that I won't get much further in the game until I do that) and start getting more +3 tiles before I try another run.

How did your run go? Tried it yet?

So I noticed this thread has been fairly quiet of progress from us the last few days. I think we've both taken a bit of a break from it. Anyway I've played a fair bit today and managed to beat Zeus and do a couple of the ex dungeons too. Damn advanced, and ex advanced, are loooooooooooong. :/ Tried to beat Laharl in ex 6 but I didn't have enough hit so just failed to land the finishing blow lol. I'll respec my divinigram and do it tomorrow.

I've got a question for both of you though? What do you do when you die? Do you lose the equipment and take the levels/artifacts you found in the dungeon or do you reload your last save point? Personally I reload, though I've only died maybe 3 times, but I've been synthing my main equipment from the start and would be much weaker if I lost it. Just wanted to know if this was the standard thing to do?

So I noticed this thread has been fairly quiet of progress from us the last few days. I think we've both taken a bit of a break from it. Anyway I've played a fair bit today and managed to beat Zeus and do a couple of the ex dungeons too. Damn advanced, and ex advanced, are loooooooooooong. :/ Tried to beat Laharl in ex 6 but I didn't have enough hit so just failed to land the finishing blow lol. I'll respec my divinigram and do it tomorrow.

I've got a question for both of you though? What do you do when you die? Do you lose the equipment and take the levels/artifacts you found in the dungeon or do you reload your last save point? Personally I reload, though I've only died maybe 3 times, but I've been synthing my main equipment from the start and would be much weaker if I lost it. Just wanted to know if this was the standard thing to do?

I reload because of the money I spent on my synthized gear, can't let that be a waste dood.

• Like 1

I did not try my run yet. Whenever I'm about to start the game, I think to myself "How am I going to go about fixing my divinigram...Well, I'm not sure and not in the mood to fix it, so I'll come back to this game later!" When I die, I reload my save unless I either get a really good artifact (which barely ever happens), or I get above level 150 before dying. Anything above that, and I feel like I have put too much time and experience to worry about my lost armor/equipment/revive gems. That reminds me, I'm out of revive gems....

I did not try my run yet. Whenever I'm about to start the game, I think to myself "How am I going to go about fixing my divinigram...Well, I'm not sure and not in the mood to fix it, so I'll come back to this game later!" When I die, I reload my save unless I either get a really good artifact (which barely ever happens), or I get above level 150 before dying. Anything above that, and I feel like I have put too much time and experience to worry about my lost armor/equipment/revive gems. That reminds me, I'm out of revive gems....

Haha fair enough, but when you don't have many artifacts it doesn't take too much fixing really tbh. And I would save up some levels for the total level store if you're aiming for the plat some of the later bosses have a big range and will one hit you. I hadn't used any before buying a couple of revive gems and a loads of dives for Laharl. Of course it is pretty easy to get a nice excess of levels if you need them.

Haha fair enough, but when you don't have many artifacts it doesn't take too much fixing really tbh. And I would save up some levels for the total level store if you're aiming for the plat some of the later bosses have a big range and will one hit you. I hadn't used any before buying a couple of revive gems and a loads of dives for Laharl. Of course it is pretty easy to get a nice excess of levels if you need them.

I got to ask, what is the point of buying dives? Don't you want to raise your level before taking on tough bosses instead of skipping a bunch of enemies? I used the level store to buy all of the items I needed for the item trophy, and now I use it exclusively for revive gems. I should be able to buy 1-3 more the next time I go on.

I used dives for EX 6 because the level layout is a pain in the backside. It the same as chapter 8 with the moving platforms but you need to change them all to the same colour (blue) they alternate between blue and red and change whenever you stand on them or kill an enemy on them. So I killed the enemies then used a dive to get to the next level rather than messing around getting the platforms all the same colour. I haven't used them elsewhere as like you say killing the enemies is usually beneficial.

• Like 1