A godly platinum race: zajac vs Wdjat doods!-Concluded

Guided Fate Plat Race doods!  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this plat race?

It was a tough choice

I'm aware of how much you love your RPGs, Wdjat, but you don't seem like the type of person to rush/speedrun your games - you even said it yourself: "winless at plat races" 

I had to vote for zajac in the end because I'm always seeing him at the top of the many PSNP trophy group leaderboards, and he seems to be a lot more experienced when it comes to completing games in shorter periods of times; a lot more competitive. Plus we all know how much of a whore he is when it comes to his trophies  :P

I like how you've created this thread, though. It's very involving, and certainly boosts morale - it's interesting to see the vote numbers, too

Good luck to both of ya  :pimp:

Damn this analysis is so deep I can't even be mad dood xD

• Like 1

Interesting, I haven't seen a Platinum race since the Star Ocean vs. Resistance race. :popcorn:

This was actually one of the first Rougelike games I ever played, & I was able to get the Platinum in about 100-120 hours (I'm even on the leaderboards still). Personally, I didn't think it was that hard, but I have heard many people say otherwise. Good luck to the both of you, although I'd probably have to put my chips on Wdjat because he has some experience with Rougelike games.

Also, the music in this game is really good too, I think most of it's from Yousei Teikoku (one of my favorite bands).

Dood you weren't lying about the music in this game, I'm not even halfway through and I've already heard some killer tracks with the music from the 4th boss being my favorite so far.

• Like 1

Dood you weren't lying about the music in this game, I'm not even halfway through and I've already heard some killer tracks with the music from the 4th boss being my favorite so far.

Never underestimate Yousei Teikoku! :yay:

• Like 1

There has been almost zero banter between us on this thread, zajac where you at m8?!? I know we both have been involve in some other stuff but I'm thinking of having our progress on the opening post, something similar to the Cloudberry Kingdom thread, so it won't seem like this is dead or anything dood if that is ok with you?

There's been no banter because I've been too busy in my workshop creating weapons of mass prinny destruction, or playing and beating you silly at The Guided Fate Paradox. ;)

And yup, that sounds like a good idea, we should probs be a bit more involved in this thread haha. 

ps I've done neither of those ... I've hardly played this game. :o

There's been no banter because I've been too busy in my workshop creating weapons of mass prinny destruction, or playing and beating you silly at The Guided Fate Paradox. ;)

And yup, that sounds like a good idea, we should probs be a bit more involved in this thread haha. 

ps I've done neither of those ... I've hardly played this game. :o

xD What wish are you on dood ?

xD What wish are you on dood ?

Yeah I was kinda wondering what we would keep records of exactly? Story progress, trophy % and total level perhaps?

I don't really know how efficient I'm being in the game haha, but we'll see I guess.

And I've only just started the fourth wish. Hoping to make some progress on it today. 

Yeah I was kinda wondering what we would keep records of exactly? Story progress, trophy % and total level perhaps?

I don't really know how efficient I'm being in the game haha, but we'll see I guess.

And I've only just started the fourth wish. Hoping to make some progress on it today. 

I was thinking just story progress and trophy % but I can do total level too dood

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods

Good luck with the fourth wish. Other than the final boss, the fourth boss is the hardest story mode boss in the game. At least I thought so.

Not sure I'm looking forward to it now lol. I'm gonna try it tomorrow I reckon. Will spend my gaming time on that and some of the trials in SSF4 since the league is on a break.

Just got a top 50 time in Aaru's Awakening, some points for the rare league there. ;)

• Like 1

I agree, the 4th boss has been the hardest one so far dood but I actually like the setup of it. Was a pretty unique boss fight plus that music for it was killer

The bgm for that fight was one of, if not the best soundtrack in the game. It made the boss fight worth retrying several times. I think during new game plus, I put a bunch of sleep orbs in my inventory and put guys to sleep to block the ladders.

Edited by jem12345

I need to get back into playing this. Also have a higher percentage right now compared to you two, but I'm planning this for plat #50 right now, so it's going to take a while to get back over here. Also, good luck on the Survival Dungeon. You're going to need it.

I originally planned for The Guided Fate Paradox to me my 50th platinum, but I didn't want to spend too much time grinding out on a game while still in the trophy league. I'm planning on making it platinum #100 so that I can spread out the post game better, but since I highly doubt I'll ever make it to 100 platinums (or at the very least, it will take well over two years), I may never get this platinum. Also, it's a funny coincidence that we stopped playing around the same point in the game. I'm one boss ahead but have a slightly lower percentage.