ESO Quest For Emperor!

I like platinums but I couldn't care less about this. this is the game ive been looking forward to since when it was announced for ps4 2 years ago (even though it got delayed) when you look back on a game you don't think of how good it was to get the platinum you think of how good the game was and in multiplayer cases how good the memories you shared with those other players are. with our guild in place I think this will probably be the game I take the best memories out of in my life. even surpassing black ops, the only game which actually makes me want to go back to those times and experience that fun I had with all those people I used to play with. eso will hopefully be another one of them

To anyone and everyone interested I have created a subreddit for trophy hunting on this game. I feel if we are going for this Emperor trophy we will have to be organized and cooperate with everyone from all the trophy hunting sites. Please spread the word and come post in the subreddit and hopefully we can get an organized effort started.

http://www.reddit.com/r/esotrophyhunters/

This is the first I've heard of this, what a shame.  I know you can't have all players on one server, but in cases like FFXIV you could choose to play on NA/JP/EU servers at your own discretion, a bit narrow sighted in locking people into that decision at a client level.

i will never begrudge anyone their opinion, and if trophies bear more weight than experience then that's fine as long as your happy with your concession.  The thing that I'm finding incongruous; is that you have 0 platinums on file and your completion percentage is <40%.

Thank you for your detailed response, I was about to declare "sign me up" but with the revelation that the servers are region locked it unfortunately renders that moot. 

Wow, could you sound anymore uppity and dicky man? :L

No, I don't have any Platinums yet, and my completion percentage isn't all that high

But the reason for that is;

A) This is my primary profile, I play every game I play on it, and I won't play a game to high completion/platinum if I don't enjoy it? Hence low ratings on some games

B. I play a fair few hefty RPGs which require a tonne of time to Platinum, case-in-point I've almost exclusively been playing The Witcher 3 since release so, I haven't really been able to increase my percentage/platinum quota

Didn't realise I needed a high completion rating or amount of platinums to pass judgment on platinum difficulties and trophies

I guess I'll go sit in a corner and cry? Because obviously playing games for enjoyment and only attempting to go for Platinum on games I actually enjoy and am willing to put the time into isn't good enough for you?

I intend to platinum both Resident Evils, Dragon Age and The Witcher, but they'll take a fair whack of time

Wow, could you sound anymore uppity and dicky man? :L

No, I don't have any Platinums yet, and my completion percentage isn't all that high

But the reason for that is;

A) This is my primary profile, I play every game I play on it, and I won't play a game to high completion/platinum if I don't enjoy it? Hence low ratings on some games

B. I play a fair few hefty RPGs which require a tonne of time to Platinum, case-in-point I've almost exclusively been playing The Witcher 3 since release so, I haven't really been able to increase my percentage/platinum quota

Didn't realise I needed a high completion rating or amount of platinums to pass judgment on platinum difficulties and trophies

I guess I'll go sit in a corner and cry? Because obviously playing games for enjoyment and only attempting to go for Platinum on games I actually enjoy and am willing to put the time into isn't good enough for you?

I intend to platinum both Resident Evils, Dragon Age and The Witcher, but they'll take a fair whack of time

I think you've taken too defensive a stance - all I said was that it was incongruous - as in "not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings or other aspects of something"; i.e. in this instance stating your intention not to play a game because its Platinum is lofty - when based upon what I can see is a trait of a game that shouldn't matter because you are yet to pursue that particular avenue of a game.

Same as if I stated I hated the colour purple, yet I have purple as my primary profile colour.  It stands out as a "record skip" moment, I don't care what you do with your time, I don't know why you would think I have any opinion on it - I'm merely responding to the perceived lack of consistency between actions and words.

Remember that I was responding to a comment that you made earlier, and I quote;

I'm actually ridiculously close to cancelling my pre-order as I'm not sure I want to pay £59.99 for a game I won't be able to Platinum

I have to hand them my hat, they're going to probably make the worst Platinum of the year, then go on to make one of the funnest ones with Fallout 4

Morons, stuff Bethesda, it's decided, cancelling my pre-order tomorrow for Batman

So how am I being "uppity and dicky" if I'm commenting on how your statements juxtapose one another?
Edited by LastPisTolman

I think you've taken too defensive a stance - all I said was that it was incongruous - as in "not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings or other aspects of something"; i.e. in this instance stating your intention not to play a game because its Platinum is lofty - when based upon what I can see is a trait of a game that shouldn't matter because you are yet to pursue that particular avenue of a game.

Same as if I stated I hated the colour purple, yet I have purple as my primary profile colour.  It stands out as a "record skip" moment, I don't care what you do with your time, I don't know why you would think I have any opinion on it - I'm merely responding to the perceived lack of consistency between actions and words.

Remember that I was responding to a comment that you made earlier, and I quote;

So how am I being "uppity and dicky" if I'm commenting on how your statements juxtapose one another?

I already commented on one of the of the quotes you added and received a response to end that conversation. There seems to be some misunderstanding (or what ever you would like to call it) between users ways of typing information and others perception of the information gathered which is in most cases is a normal problem that occurs to frequently with text conversations. If one of you think it is more than that than that's your decision but if you would like to continue discussing this further, I would appreciate it if you would do this privately instead of here as I would rather not have this forum bombarded by things that could easily go off topic and busy the forum to an unnecessary affect. I am not saying this "will" happen, but in the slight chance that conversations like this do, This forum should concentrate on the topic more than individual confliction. It's bad enough that there seems to be so much negativity about attempting this trophy. I have been attempting to clear up some things and prepare for the players that actually do want to attempt for this and it's not getting any easier. Hopefully multiple people see this as I am only responding to one of you currently and I hope this is resolved.

To everyone else, I will be updating this forum tomorrow for the release of ESO and look forward to adding more players to the sign up list and fighting along side you in-game. For those of you that have already commented negatively previously in this forum, I hope that time will change your mind and you can ease up on editing the negativity slightly as it is not only affecting your views but discouraging others when this forum was designed to encourage those looking for the challenge.

I want to get this plat really bad, but man.. I don't know if its even worth attempting. I mean, i'm willing to put the time in. But I don't know.. And it doesn't help to see everyone else discouraged :/

If you plan to play PVP (and enjoy the PVP), what's the harm in working with others to give it a try? I look forward to working with the community on a common goal, don't let other discourage you. You make your own decisions on if your up for the challenge. The more players signed up, the better the chance of earning it. It's all down to collaboration with a little determination. 

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

• 3 months later...

why is almost everyone so negative about how hard this trophy (and the platinum) is.

it sounds like a real challenge to me, i like to try getting hard platinums because it means much more when you finally get it.

actually the real problem to me is it is only on the ps4 (what i don't have yet :( ) if i did have one i probably was playing it already. :)

and not only the platinum hardness sounds good to me but knowing you can walking through the whole tamriel continent means it should be a immense large world.

and i think the game itself is very good too.

in short: i really want to play it!!!

Edited by yiazmat50112254