ESO Quest For Emperor!

You know as long as the game allows for alliance points to reset after a certain amount of time/campaigns, this trophy will be much more manageable. If not, someone can accumulate 6-12 MONTHS worth of Alliance Points and it would be impossible for any newcomer to even challenge that. But still, Its going to require a good group of players in a guild to become emperor. You get bonus alliance points for doing stuff with a team in pvp (not solo, not to mention easier to gang up on other players = more time in battle/not dying and such). So I suggest everyone who love Aldmeri Dominion to join our cool little club ;)

Edited by MafiaBrett

You know as long as the game allows for alliance points to reset after a certain amount of time/campaigns, this trophy will be much more manageable. If not, someone can accumulate 6-12 MONTHS worth of Alliance Points and it would be impossible for any newcomer to even challenge that. But still, Its going to require a good group of players in a guild to become emperor. You get bonus alliance points for doing stuff with a team in pvp (not solo, not to mention easier to gang up on other players = more time in battle/not dying and such). So I suggest everyone who love Aldmeri Dominion to join our cool little club ;)

As I have not yet experienced certain aspects of ESO PVP due to being unreleased for the PS4 currently, I will be updating the above information with exact details about the length, resets, and other information as it comes to my attention. As I know there are slight variations from the PC Version to the PS4 version, i want to make sure everything is accurate before posting it above. In regards to Guilds, players can join up to three guilds at a time which helps for dividing players out. That said, If we keep track of whom is in which guilds and whom everyone's alliance is, it will not directly matter  how players are divided as long as everything can be organized and distinguished here. For example, If players are divided into the three alliances, two alliances can assist each other into taking control of the Fortresses against the remaining alliance letting one of the two alliances capture the control points. This beneficially boosts the amount of players at one time defending or attacking to provide quicker and more successful game time.

To answer many of your concerns above, This forum is not here to automatically start charging into PVP but to slowly accumulate the player base "TO" collaborate participants together. I know that most trophy hunters do not play MMO's but we can assist those that do. If you are good or not in PVP will not matter to a point as assistance from joining with other players will grant a higher chance of victory what ever the skill level of individuals. For an example of another game that I worked with others in this scale to complete and assist please view https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11239-last-chance-to-platinum/unread/ or https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12787-defiance-clan-dlc-trophy-forum/unread/ where more than 300 participants joined.

How much commitment are you expecting from participants?

Also, how much knowledge do you want participants to have of the game and it's process?

I have no knowledge whatsoever of what Elder Scrolls Online entails, and have limited time to play during weekdays - more at the weekends potentially but I can never guarantee anything.  Much of my gaming has transitioned to the Vita as I travel a fair way to work now.

i am interested in the camaraderie side of this, and actually playing an MMO with other people.  FFXIV is still basically a singleplayer game to me, and I intend to keep it that way, so ESO interests me for a different flavour of the same dish. 

Edited by LastPisTolman

I'm sorry to be the really negative one, but none of us on this site will ever earn this trophy

Ever, only the best of the best at MMORPG PvP stand a chance at getting it

And they will get it compared to those that boost the MP aspect of a game due to not wanting to waste the time and effort on it

I won't be going for the trophy, unless they make Emperor much easier to get

I'm actually ridiculously close to cancelling my pre-order as I'm not sure I want to pay £59.99 for a game I won't be able to Platinum

I'm going into my final year of university, on a screenwriting course, my time outside of my 8 hour long classes will be spent writing three separate 90 page screenplays and mini-bibles for said screenplays
Really disappointed Bethesda is locking so many people out of the Platinum just to be ♥s

The backlash is huge also and they refuse to respond on it, instead advertising how the game is out soon

Well, well done Beth, you may be releasing the game soon, but if 20 page topics online are anything to go by pre-orders for the game are being cancelled left, right and centre

They may not see trophies as a big deal, but most gamers nowadays do, completion is meant to be fun, and when completion of a game hinders on something so cheap, time consuming, difficult and near-impossible for those of us who attend education, work or have families it generally isn't a good thing

i don't see this breaching the Top 10 on release due to this trophy, and I honestly see them patching it out, it's on Sony too for certifying the trophy list

Bad decisions all round the day this list was approved, and the list hasn't even leaked for Xbox yet, so there's even more outrage and pre-order cancelling and snubbing of the game to happen before Tuesday

I have to hand them my hat, they're going to probably make the worst Platinum of the year, then go on to make one of the funnest ones with Fallout 4

Morons, stuff Bethesda, it's decided, cancelling my pre-order tomorrow for Batman

How much commitment are you expecting from participants?

Also, how much knowledge do you want participants to have of the game and it's process?

I have no knowledge whatsoever of what Elder Scrolls Online entails, and have limited time to play during weekdays - more at the weekends potentially but I can never guarantee anything.  Much of my gaming has transitioned to the Vita as I travel a fair way to work now.

i am interested in the camaraderie side of this, and actually playing an MMO with other people.  FFXIV is still basically a singleplayer game to me, and I intend to keep it that way, so ESO interests me for a different flavour of the same dish. 

Signed up participants are in full control of how much they commit to this. The more you play, the better your character will become making things easier for you to obtain Alliance Points and assist others but that is relative to how much time you have and your personal commitment. Not everyone signed up may still be playing consistently if at all down the road however anyone that signs up will be notified by message when enough players are signed up or an "event" is planned to give them notice if they would like to participate. The more players the smoother this will go as not all players will be available or some players may have sold the game removing them from this list. When I worked on my "MAG BOOST", when half of the players showed up that signed up it was beneficial and moderately successful. I do not anticipate half here to be on at the same time although it would be a fantastic experience. The only thing that I personally do not accept is if i receive a confirmation from someone that they will be at an "event" to then find out they boosted or played another game during the "event" without response or explanation as to why. Same concept as signing up for a session. If anyone has information that they would like me to add to the above forum post, I will do my best to add the information or link it so that those with less time will be able to view the information when time becomes available. This will also be a great place for those that need to find players for cooperative dungeons and arenas to group together if necessary. 

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

"Really disappointed Bethesda is locking so many people out of the Platinum just to be ♥s"

"Morons, stuff Bethesda, it's decided, cancelling my pre-order tomorrow for Batman"

The PC Achievements List is much more difficult than the PS4 Trophy List. Considering that the game was based on PC players originally, I am actually rather happy that they did not include more of the harder ones among the vast amount of  PVP PC achievements including dealing the final blow killing the Emperor player.

You comment negatively here and talk about cancelling your pre-order, then message after in another forum about what your chosen character name will be and how you plan to join a guild. "I'm up for a guild of all of us, working together, looking badass. Can we role-play?" 

I'm sorry to be the really negative one, but none of us on this site will ever earn this trophy

Ever, only the best of the best at MMORPG PvP stand a chance at getting it

And they will get it compared to those that boost the MP aspect of a game due to not wanting to waste the time and effort on it

I won't be going for the trophy, unless they make Emperor much easier to get

I'm actually ridiculously close to cancelling my pre-order as I'm not sure I want to pay £59.99 for a game I won't be able to Platinum

I'm going into my final year of university, on a screenwriting course, my time outside of my 8 hour long classes will be spent writing three separate 90 page screenplays and mini-bibles for said screenplays

Really disappointed Bethesda is locking so many people out of the Platinum just to be ♥s

The backlash is huge also and they refuse to respond on it, instead advertising how the game is out soon

Well, well done Beth, you may be releasing the game soon, but if 20 page topics online are anything to go by pre-orders for the game are being cancelled left, right and centre

They may not see trophies as a big deal, but most gamers nowadays do, completion is meant to be fun, and when completion of a game hinders on something so cheap, time consuming, difficult and near-impossible for those of us who attend education, work or have families it generally isn't a good thing

i don't see this breaching the Top 10 on release due to this trophy, and I honestly see them patching it out, it's on Sony too for certifying the trophy list

Bad decisions all round the day this list was approved, and the list hasn't even leaked for Xbox yet, so there's even more outrage and pre-order cancelling and snubbing of the game to happen before Tuesday

I have to hand them my hat, they're going to probably make the worst Platinum of the year, then go on to make one of the funnest ones with Fallout 4

Morons, stuff Bethesda, it's decided, cancelling my pre-order tomorrow for Batman

I have to disagree with this post. Just because you can't platinum a game shouldn't be a reason to skip out on it. Your not a true MMO or Elder Scrolls fan then. The game is still the same regardless of what trophies it has. 

I love to platinum games sure, but I don't buy games based on how easy/hard it is to platinum but rather on how much enjoyment/hours worth of content it has available. I know full well I'll most likely 99.99999% never get this platinum but it doesnt mean I won't go out and get the other 44 trophies and enjoy the game for what it is.

Edited by MafiaBrett

I'd never cancel a pre-order over a platinum, I'm just venting because I'm annoyed trophies that bad still exist now, in a day and age where people are so damn critical of games and their trophy lists

I'll be playing and sinking enough time into PvP to at least get the Bronze's for it

Merh, maybe it'll be good

i loved WoW's PvP modes as I used to play healer and just buff myself massively to the point where even getting ganged I'd come out unscathed most times, capturing keeps and flags, healing my team

I wasn't that bad at PvP in FF XIV: ARR either, though my focus was mainly on healing and using a blast spell to blow enemies off ledges :L Those were my only kills

I don't mind trophies that take a long time to complete (like the majority of trophies on this list) but a trophy that only one person at any one time can earn in competitive based MMO is beyond ridiculous.  Personally I will still play it and see how the progression is going in terms of the pvp side but with work, family and social commitments I just can't afford to spend time racking up Alliance points just to get a platinum trophy.  If the trophy was earned via an accumulated huge number of Alliance points towards your faction in Cyrodiil pvp then I'd certainly make progress and chip away over the months, years but the way it stands right now, I just couldn't be online long enough without sacrificing my income, life, family and friends.  

I voiced my concerns to Zenimax via a tweet but it will fall on deaf ears unless enough people send them a similar message.  ChaoticDoomoBob, I appreciate what you're attempting here but regardless, whoever was pencilled in to earn the Emperor title via win trading, you would still have to put in an unhealthily absurd amount of hours to obtain the trophy... and that's the problem most people have with it. 

Then this topic is pointless if no one believes they can earn the trophy.

I was scared of it because i'm not a good pvp player but i don' think it will be that hard for those who are  used to pvp

Currently I have 5 players signed up. Unfortunately this forum seems to be getting comments from all non-participants and the actual participants PM me. Same thing happened when I made the Defiance Forum. As time progresses, hopefully more people will want to give it a try and sign up. I personally do not understand the "impossible" mindset's. Players told me the same thing with MAG yet players earned their 100%'s. Players told me the same thing with Defiance yet all requested trophies were earned. The negativity seems to flow on this site from the community creating a cascade of false hope and in-action to even contemplate the "what if" scenario. This forum was never designed for every single individual to earn the trophy. This forum was designed for players to collaborate together, problem solve, work for a common goal and inspire for those to attempt what may seem impossible so that just maybe some of us can. It doesn't matter how much time every individual can invest or what each players skill level is. It matters when working together, creating hope, and enjoying the experience with friends and new players you may not know striving for that feeling of accomplishment when completing a difficult task. I do not have a massive amount of time much like many of you, but that will not stop me from trying. Everyone that intends to play, what do you have to lose creating a team to work with and seeing where it takes us?

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

Currently I have 5 players signed up. Unfortunately this forum seems to be getting comments from all non-participants and the actual participants PM me. Same thing happened when I made the Defiance Forum. As time progresses, hopefully more people will want to give it a try and sign up. I personally do not understand the "impossible" mindset's. Players told me the same thing with MAG yet players earned their 100%'s. Players told me the same thing with Defiance yet all requested trophies were earned. The negativity seems to flow on this site from the community creating a cascade of false hope and in-action to even contemplate the "what if" scenario. This forum was never designed for every single individual to earn the trophy. This forum was designed for players to collaborate together, problem solve, work for a common goal and inspire for those to attempt what may seem impossible so that just maybe some of us can. It doesn't matter how much time every individual can invest or what each players skill level is. It matters when working together, creating hope, and enjoying the experience with friends and new players you may not know striving for that feeling of accomplishment when completing a difficult task. Everyone that intends to play, what do you have to lose creating a team to work with and seeing where it takes us?

I am all up for it, but  damn dude their can only be one emperor at one given time? And myself personally will only be able to play at the evenings, oh and I just noticed that you are from the US? problem their since the servers are region locked and I will be on the EU ones :(

Currently I have 5 players signed up. Unfortunately this forum seems to be getting comments from all non-participants and the actual participants PM me. Same thing happened when I made the Defiance Forum. As time progresses, hopefully more people will want to give it a try and sign up. I personally do not understand the "impossible" mindset's. Players told me the same thing with MAG yet players earned their 100%'s. Players told me the same thing with Defiance yet all requested trophies were earned. The negativity seems to flow on this site from the community creating a cascade of false hope and in-action to even contemplate the "what if" scenario. This forum was never designed for every single individual to earn the trophy. This forum was designed for players to collaborate together, problem solve, work for a common goal and inspire for those to attempt what may seem impossible so that just maybe some of us can. It doesn't matter how much time every individual can invest or what each players skill level is. It matters when working together, creating hope, and enjoying the experience with friends and new players you may not know striving for that feeling of accomplishment when completing a difficult task. I do not have a massive amount of time much like many of you, but that will not stop me from trying. Everyone that intends to play, what do you have to lose creating a team to work with and seeing where it takes us?

the trophy will be hard, I know that but i'll do my best to try and earn it.

I am all up for it, but  damn dude their can only be one emperor at one given time? And myself personally will only be able to play at the evenings, oh and I just noticed that you are from the US? problem their since the servers are region locked and I will be on the EU ones :(

Being in a guild or good group can make things  easier for the trophy as cooperation can benfit everyone within the guild

I know DC Universe does not allow you to change servers. Defiance on the other hand allows you to select the server and create separate characters for each server as soon as the game is booted up. We will know for certain on release what ESO allows on the server side and I will update the information here. Things that I do know is that the Emperor and PVP status will be separate from EU and US. The player that has the title of Emperor will only keep that title until the next Alliance captures all of the Fortresses and the process restarts. I will be playing on the US server and will work on corresponding individuals based on what server everyone is using.

This is the first I've heard of this, what a shame.  I know you can't have all players on one server, but in cases like FFXIV you could choose to play on NA/JP/EU servers at your own discretion, a bit narrow sighted in locking people into that decision at a client level.

I'd never cancel a pre-order over a platinum, I'm just venting because I'm annoyed trophies that bad still exist now, in a day and age where people are so damn critical of games and their trophy lists

I'll be playing and sinking enough time into PvP to at least get the Bronze's for it

Merh, maybe it'll be good

i loved WoW's PvP modes as I used to play healer and just buff myself massively to the point where even getting ganged I'd come out unscathed most times, capturing keeps and flags, healing my team

I wasn't that bad at PvP in FF XIV: ARR either, though my focus was mainly on healing and using a blast spell to blow enemies off ledges :L Those were my only kills

i will never begrudge anyone their opinion, and if trophies bear more weight than experience then that's fine as long as your happy with your concession.  The thing that I'm finding incongruous; is that you have 0 platinums on file and your completion percentage is <40%.

Signed up participants are in full control of how much they commit to this. The more you play, the better your character will become making things easier for you to obtain Alliance Points and assist others but that is relative to how much time you have and your personal commitment. Not everyone signed up may still be playing consistently if at all down the road however anyone that signs up will be notified by message when enough players are signed up or an "event" is planned to give them notice if they would like to participate. The more players the smoother this will go as not all players will be available or some players may have sold the game removing them from this list. When I worked on my "MAG BOOST", when half of the players showed up that signed up it was beneficial and moderately successful. I do not anticipate half here to be on at the same time although it would be a fantastic experience. The only thing that I personally do not accept is if i receive a confirmation from someone that they will be at an "event" to then find out they boosted or played another game during the "event" without response or explanation as to why. Same concept as signing up for a session. If anyone has information that they would like me to add to the above forum post, I will do my best to add the information or link it so that those with less time will be able to view the information when time becomes available. This will also be a great place for those that need to find players for cooperative dungeons and arenas to group together if necessary. 

Thank you for your detailed response, I was about to declare "sign me up" but with the revelation that the servers are region locked it unfortunately renders that moot. 

This is the first I've heard of this, what a shame.  I know you can't have all players on one server, but in cases like FFXIV you could choose to play on NA/JP/EU servers at your own discretion, a bit narrow sighted in locking people into that decision at a client level.

I responded to him before your post. No one knows if the servers will be region locked. It may allow you to choose your server. I am not sure why he posted that but it is a current unknown. I will be updating this Forum with more information when the game releases. Please read my last post for any more information.

I responded to him before your post. No one knows if the servers will be region locked. It may allow you to choose your server. I am not sure why he posted that but it is a current unknown. I will be updating this Forum with more information when the game releases. Please read my last post for any more information.

That's what I meant my bad. But if I'm under the correct understanding your character only stays on the server it's created on yes? I will be making it on EU, if it can be transferred then sweet, if not ah well

That's what I meant my bad. But if I'm under the correct understanding your character only stays on the server it's created on yes? I will be making it on EU, if it can be transferred then sweet, if not ah well

Characters cannot be transferred across servers on Defiance meaning it would "most likely" work the same way for ESO "if" it allows you to switch servers in the first place. You would be better off creating a sub character for one of the other two Alliances on a different server to level up if it allows switching servers. Again this is all unknown until the game releases.