Hello! I'm Austin!

SupergiantStarr

Hello everyone! My name is Austin. As a person approaching their mid-30s, I've lately been obsessed with my ever-expanding backlog. There are more video games in development now than ever before. While focusing on exciting, new video games like Fallout 4 and Horizon (to date this post) coming out, I'm constantly looking at what has gone by without notice or what games have been forgotten.

I'm interested in joining a community of like-minded folks who want to appreciate the concepts of the past while also indulging in the AAA blockbuster big budget amazing fantastical eSports 360 noscope hypehypehype games. Lately I've been focusing on my PS4 catalog like Transistor, Bound By Flame and Infamous First Light. While I'm mindful of trophies, I'm trying to break free of the completionist obsession so that I can just play and enjoy more games.

My favorite game is hard to pin down but I love Final Fantasy VI, Dark Souls, The Last of Us, Resident Evil 2 and World of Warcraft, though I don't play it anymore. I don't mind Xbox or Nintendo games either. Games are games, bruh.

If anyone wants to play a game together or just start up some kind of video game book club thing, hit me up on PSN as SupergiantStarr. I've got a PS4, PS3 and a Vita.

Edited by SupergiantStarr
  • Like 4

Hey, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here ^_^

Thank you, Akira-chan! That's very kind of you! Been here a while?

Welcome!

TLOU is my favorite game of all time! :knuckles:

:knuckles: Dude, Beyond, TLOU is a masterpiece. One of the foundations of this generation of storytelling. Love it!

So, you like hidden gems and past games mate?

Edit: Welcome! xD

Yeah dude! I love going back to obscure gems that got lost. The Punisher and The Thing on PS2/Xbox come to mind. You got any favorites? Oh and Persona 4 is one of my favorites too! Can't wait for Dancing All Night.

• Like 1

*in Bruce Willis voice* Welcome to the party, pal.

Hope you enjoy your time on here. Sounds like you share interests with most people on here (myself included, another 30something with more games in his backlog than he knows what to do with). Anyway, please help yourself to a complimentary cup of tea / coffee / brown liquid and have fun.  :coffee:

• Like 1

Yeah dude! I love going back to obscure gems that got lost. The Punisher and The Thing on PS2/Xbox come to mind. You got any favorites? Oh and Persona 4 is one of my favorites too! Can't wait for Dancing All Night.

Cool! It's great to see someone appreciating these kinds of games! Let's see...umm...I haven't played that many hidden gemes:

NES:

Captain Skyhawk

Life Force (maybe it's a hidden one).

SNES:

Terranigma

Earthbound

PC:

The Thing (awesome game).

WWII Combat: Iwo Jima.

Incoming.

N64:

Fighters Destiny

War Gods

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.

Army men saga maybe?

Ps3:

The Saboteur

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Split/Second

RAGE

Spec Ops: The Line

Deadly Premonition

The Darkness II

Favorite games (excluding hidden gems of course :D ):

Chrono Trigger

Chaos Rings saga (except III, haven't played it).

Halo: Combat Evolved

Persona 4 Golden

Mass effect 3

Star Fox 64

Contra I and III

Smash Bros 64 and Brawl

And many many more lol.

Again, welcome to these forums bro :wave:

Edit: I guess I ranted, sorry for the long post haha.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

I like FFVI, Dark Souls and Last of Us :).

I'm Laura, nice to meet you

Hey Laura, nice to meet you too! Oh man, soooo excited for Dark Souls 3. What are you playing right now?

*in Bruce Willis voice* Welcome to the party, pal.

Hope you enjoy your time on here. Sounds like you share interests with most people on here (myself included, another 30something with more games in his backlog than he knows what to do with). Anyway, please help yourself to a complimentary cup of tea / coffee / brown liquid and have fun.  :coffee:

Haha! Hey thanks man! :coffee:

Anything in your backlog you've been staring at lately? I've been thinking of jumping into Ground Zeroes.

Cool! It's great to see someone appreciating these kinds of games! Let's see...umm...I haven't played that many hidden gemes:

Whoa! What a killer list dude! A lot of these I've played and yeah, totally under appreciated. I've always wanted to play The Saboteur and Terranigma in particular.

• Like 1

Hi GiantStar! Nice to have you around! Chillax and hang out with our classy and awesome users on the forum!

Thanks for the welcome, dude! Everyone's been real chill. Can't wait to meet a lot more people!

Welcome to the community. Glad to see another WOW-player (or ex-wow-player) here  :D

Alliance or Horde?

I was Alliance all the way!  I had a Draenei warrior that I played up to level 80 in WotLK and a Night Elf hunter up to around 70. Nothing big, but I was OBSESSED with those characters.

Welcome to PSNProfiles. Any Codec Moments from you Austin? 

Hey! Big fan of Naoto! :-D Codec moments? Like from Metal Gear?  :lol: I'd go with MGS 2 SPOILERS!

When the Colonel goes crazy and Raiden is naked. Freaked me out!! "Turn the game console off!"

Welcome to the forums. Have a great time here.  :D

I will! Thanks for the welcome, dude!

I'm excited too! But first I need PS4 lol. Currently playing Final Fantasy X-2 lol

That's totally one in my backlog! I never really played it, was too turned off by the dress sphere. Although I think I can learn to appreciate the sheer silliness of it all. Haha! Going for the plat?

Hi welcome aboard, enjoy.

Cheers! Thanks for the welcome!

That's totally one in my backlog! I never really played it, was too turned off by the dress sphere. Although I think I can learn to appreciate the sheer silliness of it all. Haha! Going for the plat?

Well, I'm a girl so I'm not that bothered by silly stuff lol. It's very um... not to take seriously kind-of story at the beginning; but I enjoy the game so much, and I put the "no scenes between sphere changes" option, don't remember how it's called haha.

Yup, working towards it :). Just the bestiary is the thing I'm less excited about... I hate to do grind stuff... but I believe plating FFX was grinder.

Sorry if I made some mistakes when writing, english isn't my native language haha.

• Like 1

Hi welcome aboard, enjoy.

Thanks so much for the welcome! How long have you been around?

Welcome bro!

Thanks Rory!

Well, I'm a girl so I'm not that bothered by silly stuff lol. It's very um... not to take seriously kind-of story at the beginning; but I enjoy the game so much, and I put the "no scenes between sphere changes" option, don't remember how it's called haha.

Yup, working towards it :). Just the bestiary is the thing I'm less excited about... I hate to do grind stuff... but I believe plating FFX was grinder.

Sorry if I made some mistakes when writing, english isn't my native language haha.

That's so cool! And it's on PS4 so you can play through it again when you get one. :D  Too bad it's a shared trophy set.  :unsure:

Don't worry about your English, it's fine! I lived in Monterey for a while, but that was in California.  B) How many languages do you know?

Welcome to the community. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, Mark!   ;) :blush: 

Love your profile picture! Been having fun with Minecraft? I love that game!

Thanks, haha. I love Minecraft, I first got it on the PS3 but didn't really know what to do and didn't have much fun. Until I played co-op with my niece, lol, that made things much more fun. I love it now after getting ideas from others. :D

• Like 1