Atelier Sophie - Coming west in June

Corneria-Atelier-Scan_07-21-15.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/atelier-sophie-reveals-new-character-corneria

Corneria (voiced by Yui Kondou) is 15 years-old, 146cm tall, and works as a volume seller in the city. She is also an alchemist just like Sophie. She has the ability to replicate things, but given that she slightly shrinks in height each time she uses it, she is saving her power. She has an easygoing personality and does things at her own pace. She’s been searching for her father ever since she became aware of what was going on around her.

WE

GET

A

LOLI!

Just hope she will be a playable character.

nice designe . looking foward to that game

3 new scans also with a new character. They are a bit big so... just in links =D

http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1437579746233.jpg

http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1437580166994.jpg

http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1437580677007.jpg

Harol Jimens
VA Shingaki Tarusuke (新垣樽助, しんがき たるすけ)
His job is related to clocks it seems, but he's not serious about it.

Corneria
VA Kondou Yui (近藤 唯, こんどう ゆい)
Looks like she's a shopkeeper + alchemist.

More on prev: Harol doesn't care much about his main job, instead he prefers to make and sell guns.

Corneria has the ability to duplicate items, but it's at the cost of her height shortening so she tries not to use it. She's also a "my pace" and carefree person.

Bottom: Time matters in this game (there's day and night time) and affects event triggers. The items you can gather also changes. Right side demonstrates that fatigue also matters in this game, which may lower your stats.
  • Like 1

I feel that if the Atelier girl were real life, they would high maintenance, those clothes they wear ain't cheap lol. Anyway the artwork is beautiful, the guy with the gun looks semi-badass. Are the newer games coming to 3DS or is Gust just testing the water?

I feel that if the Atelier girl were real life, they would high maintenance, those clothes they wear ain't cheap lol. Anyway the artwork is beautiful, the guy with the gun looks semi-badass. Are the newer games coming to 3DS or is Gust just testing the water?

Atelier Rorona 3DS is most likely just testing the water, but you never know, they might end up porting the whole Arland trilogy.  Somewhat doubt it though, for 20 years Gust has been happily Playstation-exclusive (generally speaking), can't see them breaking it.

Whether or not Atelier Rorona 3DS will come to the west is the million dollar question, no doubt it'll be digital-only though.

• Like 1

New info!

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/atelier-sophie-details-battle-system-new-characters-corneria-harol-horst

It seems to be pretty revolutionary... tying character to usable items is definitely something new and... could be pretty annoying (especially due to Oskar obviously getting healing items...).

Then the new battle system, instead of classical TRPG, it will be queue one... not sure if this is gonna work but oh well... and since there are timed events, I do hope the time-limit will be back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never played one game of this franchise but I really want to do it

The only game that I have is Escha & Logy... I will be playing soon tho (I still need to play The Witch and The Hundred Knight, The Guided Fate Paradox, Ar nosurge, Tales of Xillia 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 and U... it won't be so "soon" tho) xD

Edited by cadaver_no_life

I've never played one game of this franchise but I really want to do it

The only game that I have is Escha & Logy... I will be playing soon tho (I still need to play The Witch and The Hundred Knight, The Guided Fate Paradox, Ar nosurge, Tales of Xillia 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 and U... it won't be so "soon" tho) xD

You should play Ayesha first before E&L, though.

Sometimes I feel I should make a complete Atelier thread =D

I'm very interested, but after looking at the prices for the Vita ports and looking at my backlog, I'm gonna need to roofie myself so I forget about this and just focus on what I have.

last sales they were at 20 € each :)  so it has a good chance to go on sale again :)

last sales they were at 20 € each :)  so it has a good chance to go on sale again :)

Unfortunately, I've been spoiled with access to brand new titles since 2006 for $10 (or less) each (all physical releases, too!). My backlog of PS2/PSP/PS3/Vita is absurd because of the money I've already spent on games.

I can only justify *new* purchases at $10 or less until I get through a lot more games. I don't even count my Plus backlog. And if I get into this, I *have* to get all 4 Vita games (plus Sophie when it is released for Vita):

Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk

So that's around a $100 commitment right there. And it's physical or bust, so odds are, I'm gonna have to dig this series up in the future or as I find imports super-cheap.

Unfortunately, I've been spoiled with access to brand new titles since 2006 for $10 (or less) each (all physical releases, too!). My backlog of PS2/PSP/PS3/Vita is absurd because of the money I've already spent on games.

I can only justify *new* purchases at $10 or less until I get through a lot more games. I don't even count my Plus backlog. And if I get into this, I *have* to get all 4 Vita games (plus Sophie when it is released for Vita):

So that's around a $100 commitment right there. And it's physical or bust, so odds are, I'm gonna have to dig this series up in the future or as I find imports super-cheap.

i see :) i feel with you , at the moment im able to hold my backlog and new games on same lvl , but with ps+ every month it gets harder and harder.   And my backlog of around 500 games gets bigger ...

But i passed on atelier sale too

You can pick up the PS3 versions, then.

I see, what about Shallie, Rorona, Totori and Meruru? 

Shallie belongs to Dusk trilogy (Ayesha -> E&L -> Shallie)

The other three are Arland trilogy (Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru) =)

and I was wondering the same, why there's not a complete Atelier thread? 

I never felt there was enough support for the series =D

I mean, it's pretty much my own series =D It's not nearly as popular as Neps =D