Tonnage trophy with PS+ Edition

captainskyhawk

Hi, has anybody yet achieved the Tonnage trophy with the free Playstaion Plus version of the game. Other than the grind to level up its the only trophy that I need and I can't see how it can be done. The point to point races in India are very twisty and slow. I also beat the time with the Zonda point to point Tour event and that never popped the trophy either. It's very frustrating as there doesn't seem to be a stat for average mph, so I don't know how close I am to cracking it.

If anyone has managed it yet please let me know how.

After looking this up, the only place where you can get it in this version is the event with the Zonda R, according to the leaderboards of all India point to point fastest times, it's impossible to do a time fast enough.

As for the Zonda R event, if I'm not wrong the track is 6.3 Km, so you need a time of 2:21.700 (well depends on rounding, but around that), all top 50 shows times under 2:18, but if a friend of mine is anything to go by (he usually it's quite good at racing games like this), it shouldn't be easy to get that 2:21.700 time.. Still it's possible to do!

My personal best was 2:28.740 giving me all 3 stars (and the win if I'm not wrong)..

• Like 1

My personal best was 2:28.740 giving me all 3 stars (and the win if I'm not wrong)..

Thanks for the reply. I think I made about 2.30, which give me 3 stars, guess I will have to go back and try some more. Think this will be the hardest trophy for the plus version.

I have the PS+ Edition.  I had concerns too when I set out to do this trophy but I got it first try.  I used the Zonda R in Single Event > Time Trial > India > Nilgiri Hills (Reverse).  The most severe section is at about 45% progress in the event, there is a twisty S section going uphill.  Other than that, the rest of the course isn't too bad.  I managed it in a time just under 2:59 and the 'Tonnage'  trophy popped just after I crossed the finish line.

Just ran a 2:52 and got it on the 1st try. Thanks

• Like 1

I have the PS+ Edition.  I had concerns too when I set out to do this trophy but I got it first try.  I used the Zonda R in Single Event > Time Trial > India > Nilgiri Hills (Reverse).  The most severe section is at about 45% progress in the event, there is a twisty S section going uphill.  Other than that, the rest of the course isn't too bad.  I managed it in a time just under 2:59 and the 'Tonnage'  trophy popped just after I crossed the finish line.

Cheers dude, I got it with a really slow time of 3.03. My problem was I was trying to do it in Race, I switched to time trial and got it first try, lol.

Not so hard as I first thought.

Thanks for the tip!

Still that's really odd, according to some Driveclub wiki that track is 5.7 Km, so it would require 2:09.500 or something to fulfill the 160 Km/h average.. anyway if it works, then I will try it as soon as I can to get it done.

Edit: 

Just did it, and it was really odd.. I did a time of 2:58 with a spinout and was enough to get it (also got Mastery, Hoon-a-tic and Credit Where It's Due for some odd reason.. I didn't maxed any accolade for sure.. but then maybe the fact that the club that I joined to use the Zonda R being lvl38 had something to do with it..).

The only hard thing now for me is that I want all 45 stars and the last 2 events aren't look easy at all (Dam Busters and Startline Championship).. still I'm only lvl17, so it will take a while to get to lvl50 and do the 1600 Km.. so I have a lot of time to keep trying those 2 events..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Happy to share the knowledge.

Can't argue with your math so I checked it out.  I think I found the Driveclub wiki page.  The page is not easy to read but the 5.7 figure is in the miles column. The next column shows the distance as 9.2 km for Nilgiri Hills Reverse. By my estimate, you would need a time under 3:27 to get the trophy.

• Like 1

Happy to share the knowledge.

Can't argue with your math so I checked it out.  I think I found the Driveclub wiki page.  The page is not easy to read but the 5.7 figure is in the miles column. The next column shows the distance as 9.2 km for Nilgiri Hills Reverse. By my estimate, you would need a time under 3:27 to get the trophy.

Ok, that explains a bit, but by that logic the Zonda R event would automatically give the trophy, because 1 of the stars would require a time that fast by default. (or maybe the trophy can only be gotten in time trail only).

I will test the RUF CTR3 to see if it is fast enough (the RUF is unlocked by normal lvl up, the Zonda requires a Club at lvl 15).

Also, I'm unsure how it works, but I was badly affected by a bug when getting the trophy, apparently in my profile most of the accolades are maxed (and I got the trophies), but my mileage is over 20000 miles now and I have yet to get those trophies (I know that I actually only drove about 430 Km), hope this doesn't bug the 2 mileage trophies for me..

I also deleted my save file trying to clear that bug, but stats are saved server side.. not liking this a bit.

And for reference, the only thing I did was disband my club, go to a friends club that was high lvl with 1 spot open did the time trail 1 time and got all the trophies + bug... as far as I know there's  no hacks on ps4 yet, so this should be some kind of bug, but I don't know what triggered it.

This is also the main reason why I'm trying the see if the RUF is viable, so that people can safely get the trophy while not needing to risk joining a random high lvl club and face the same bug as me.

Edit: 

Ya, just did 3:04.299 with the RUF CRT3 first try, so not as fast as the Zonda R, but can be used to get the trophy without to much problems.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2

Can PS+ players play on levels from the full game if they are invited?

Say I have the disc game, and know the level you'd want to be doing to get Tonnage (I can't think of it's name) really easy, could I invite you or anyone else with the Plus edition into the game and have you play it from there, or would it be like a Call of Duty when it's like "Sorry, you can't join this lobby because you don't have X DLC" ?

When I was going for the 5 solo challenges trophy not too long ago, I just sent the invites to my girlfriend's account and jumped on her's and failed them so I'd get the trophy, but even then I had to do 5 based on the cars she had unlocked because the game wouldn't let her take my challenge due to her not having the car I used.

Anyway, if it turns out you can level jump by using someone else's disc copy, hit me up and I'll do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been so frustrated at this trophy because I was trying to doi it in Race instead of Time Trial, it took me an hour before I tried doing it in Time Trial..

Fail for me lol.

Time: 2:58

At least the hardest part of the trophy list of the base game is complete, I just need some serious grinding for the rest.

Edited by ipot_04

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 27/03/2016 at 2:26 PM, UMPiCK24 said:

Got it accidentally with the PS Plus version. Go to Single Event>Sprint>India>Munnar

I used the Audi R8, since it was the fastest car I had.

Now that the Zonda isn't available from the start (servers off last year (march 2020 I think)) 

I used your Audi R8 but I used MarverickSeven's track recommendation of: India > Nilgiri Hills (Reverse)

my time was 3:14.202 and I had all driving aids on like brake assist. 

I didn't do particularly amazing in the 42-45% section, so if anyone is still attempting this in 2021 or beyond, it's still possible as I got it first try.

thanks for the help everyone above. Only just started playing this because of the future ps5 version coming soon.