Make PS4 Games Reportable Again

I wanted to suggest that PS4 games be made report-able again. As far as I know, First Light isn't an auto-pop plat, so unless I missed something, these two are hacked lists, but can't be reported.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2823-inFAMOUS-First-Light/veresky?order=date〈=en-us#content

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2823-inFAMOUS-First-Light/Tomza-96?order=date〈=en-us#content

Sigh

When PS4 games were downloaded and installed at around the same time, it'd sometimes pop trophies for the wrong game

In these cases, Sound Shapes was downloaded and installed at the same as inFAMOUS First Light and the cloud sync unlocked the trophies within seconds

I'm aware Sound Shapes PS4 may not be seen on one of their profiles, but the PS4 would have counted it as inFAMOUS First Light instead 

The glitch was random, you couldn't even plan it

The users the glitch occurred to was purely by accident, and they never meant for it to happen - they're not flagged as it was not in their control, and not their fault. I'm aware it may piss other people off, especially speedrunners - but if it happened to them, then I doubt they themselves would want to be flagged for something that was Sony's fault

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27540-theres-hackers-on-ps4-now

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

I wanted to suggest that PS4 games be made report-able again. As far as I know, First Light isn't an auto-pop plat, so unless I missed something, these two are hacked lists, but can't be reported.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2823-inFAMOUS-First-Light/veresky?order=date〈=en-us#content

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2823-inFAMOUS-First-Light/Tomza-96?order=date〈=en-us#content

Apparently, the same thing happen to them like Ionstorm. The ps4 glitch on their trophies and auto-pop. 

Ok, but those still aren't legitimate times, and if it was a widespread glitch, why did it only 2 out of 161,177 people auto pop the plat? Also, if they were playing another game and the trophies popped, then they certainly shouldn't be on the leaderboards. Since they didn't actually get the trophies. These people need to be removed one way or another. Just letting them be is hurting the leaderboards. It's also going to give free reign to hackers when they inevitably figure out how to auto-pop trophies, given that these were indeed a glitch, and not hackers already.

• Like 4

Ok, but those still aren't legitimate times, and if it was a widespread glitch, why did it only 2 out of 161,177 people auto pop the plat? Also, if they were playing another game and the trophies popped, then they certainly shouldn't be on the leaderboards. Since they didn't actually get the trophies. These people need to be removed one way or another. Just letting them be is hurting the leaderboards. It's also going to give free reign to hackers when they inevitably figure out how to auto-pop trophies, given that these were indeed a glitch, and not hackers already.

ExHaseo, you bring up good points and I like your post but just forget it. It will probably swept under the rug, why was your time on it? It was already discussed before and no actions were taken. I hope Sly reads your post but even if he did, it may not even do anything. 

Edited by 3DS Master Race

The glitch was a very rare occurrence. From what I know, there's only 4-5 cases of it, I'm sure

As for that fact that they haven't been removed from the leaderboards, that's already stated in my second quote from my first post. If it bothers you so much, just cover their ID's with your fingers and pretend they're not there

Hackers won't inevitably figure out how to auto-pop PS4 trophies. This glitch has now been patched and couldn't be planned, either

Edited by Aela
  • Like 4

The glitch was a very rare occurrence. From what I know, there's only 4-5 cases of it, I'm sure

As for that fact that they haven't been removed from the leaderboards, that's already stated in my second quote from my first post. If it bothers you so much, just cover their ID's with your fingers and pretend they're not there

Hackers won't inevitably figure out how to auto-pop PS4 trophies. This glitch has now been patched and couldn't be planned, either

Just like they never figured out how to auto-pop PS3 trophies, or how they never figured out how to auto-pop 360 achievements, right?

It'll happen eventually, especially considering the popularity of the system. It's more understandable that they won't do it with Vita, because of the small number of people that have it, but it will happen with the PS4. Especially when there was an existing glitch that let you auto-pop already. I'm sure the more dedicated people will probably learn how to roll back the firmware, and learn to replicate the glitch first, then eventually I'm sure they'll learn an easier method, or someone will develop a program that makes it easier. Nothing is hack proof.

They didn't get the trophy, but they didn't hack it either. As stated above, is SONY's fault, the glitch has been patched. When mistakes are made, there is always someone on the losing side, but is not the other party's fault, he wasn't actually doing anything wrong. I don't think someone should be flagged for something they didn't do. 

I agree that they shouldn't be put on the dirty leaderboards, it would be unfair to them, but I think they should be removed from the specific games leaderboards. The whole point of reporting hackers is to keep the leaderboards accurate, so why are these people being kept on, when it's known that they didn't achieve them legitimately, and it's making the leaderboards inaccurate? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If they were just removed, it would also prevent dumb people like me from making threads like this in the future.

• Like 2

Just like they never figured out how to auto-pop PS3 trophies, or how they never figured out how to auto-pop 360 achievements, right?

It'll happen eventually, especially considering the popularity of the system. It's more understandable that they won't do it with Vita, because of the small number of people that have it, but it will happen with the PS4. Especially when there was an existing glitch that let you auto-pop already.

If you think trophy hackers obtain trophies through auto-popping, then you're mistaken. That's not how it works. They take the trophy files and sync it to their profile. And notice how the PS3 and Xbox 360 systems allow you to view trophies and achievements whilst not being connected to the internet, unlike the PS4, which stores what I believe are temporary files for trophies which are deleted once synced to Sony servers (this is to stop any possibility of trophy hacking). So I believe hacking trophies on the PS4 is pretty much impossible unless it's Sony servers you're tampering with 

I'm sure the more dedicated people will probably learn how to roll back the firmware, and learn to replicate the glitch first, then eventually I'm sure they'll learn an easier method, or someone will develop a program that makes it easier. Nothing is hack proof.

This is a good point, and I believe that if somehow people find out how to "roll back" the firmware, then the glitch could be replicated and exploited (this is if they are able to easily pull off the rare occurrence). However any tampering with the system firmware is sure to point the console out like a sore thumb, considering reports from each console are sent to Sony frequently 

Edited by Aela

If you think trophy hackers obtain trophies through auto-popping, then you're mistaken. That's not how it works. They take the trophy files and sync it to their profile. And notice how the PS3 and Xbox 360 systems allow you to view trophies and achievements whilst not being connected to the internet, unlike the PS4, which stores what I believe are temporary files for trophies which are deleted once synced to Sony servers (this is to stop any possibility of trophy hacking). So I believe hacking trophies on the PS4 is pretty much impossible unless it's Sony servers you're tampering with 

This is a good point, and I believe that if somehow people find out how to "roll back" the firmware, then the glitch could be replicated and exploited (this is if they are able to easily pull off the rare occurrence). However any tampering with the system firmware is sure to point the console out like a sore thumb, considering reports from each console are sent to Sony frequently 

I'm sure some people do it that way, but from I've seen, the main way/easy way that your average person gets illegitimate trophies, is through save resigning. They resign a save to their profile, then load up the save, and all the trophies auto-pop. I can't imagine that they won't be able to figure out how do that again. 

I'm not a programmer or a hacker, so I don't know how they'll do it, I just think it's pretty naive to think that they will just never figure out a way to do it. It'd be like locking a door, and not expecting anyone to get in, because it's locked. You can't get in without the key. Sure, it'll be harder than it would be to just open the door, and it may take them a while, but it's not impossible. They just have to figure out what works.

I'm sure some people do it that way, but from I've seen, the main way/easy way that your average person gets illegitimate trophies, is through save resigning. They resign a save to their profile, then load up the save, and all the trophies auto-pop. I can't imagine that they won't be able to figure out how do that again. 

I'm not a programmer or a hacker, so I don't know how they'll do it, I just think it's pretty naive to think that they will just never figure out a way to do it. It'd be like locking a door, and not expecting anyone to get in, because it's locked. You can't get in without the key. Sure, it'll be harder than it would be to just open the door, and it may take them a while, but it's not impossible. They just have to figure out what works.

Oh, well I wouldn't even say save-resigning is hacking at all. But of course is still illegitimate and is cheating

I'm just saying the possibility of hacking PS4 trophies is very low thanks to the precautions Sony have took. But, in this current moment in time, trophy hacking on the PS4 is inexistent, and unless other evidence arises that states otherwise, PS4 trophy lists being non-reportable will undoubtedly retain

• Like 2

Really tho? People care about leaderboards & stuff? :facepalm:  If you go to fastest achievers on most games I bet you atleast 5 used hacks or some shit.  

Would you really go to a Charlie Chaplin Convention to say everybody there "Really?People care about Charlie Chaplin?" ?... Let people care about what they care and open your mind... moreover, "atleast 5 used hacks" doesn't mean we can close our eyes and silently legitimaze them. That's how mafia works.

• Like 2