"No Games Available ATM"

item112z

Servers shutting down has really become one of my biggest fears the last 2 years. Thats why i try to do as much of the online stuff as possible before playing the story. And i must say, it sometimes does negatively affect my gaming experience in some games. It is a real pitty things like this happen. When shutdowns are announced you at least have the chance to finish up on stuff, but this way, we are all with our backs against the wall. Some people just recently bought the game or a second ps3, to play the game and get those wonderfull trophies. Now they will just remain an ugly, uncompleted spot in my trophy list... reminding me everytime that EA is a company that doesn't care about anything but themselves. We can blame EA al we want, i think the battle has already been decided and lost... The smiley face on my grenade isn't happy no more...

• Like 4

Looks like that guy was not EA representative but just some forum user (thanks for the notice Potent). So we still have not got any official explanations from ea. Our chances that the servers will get back are 50/50 i would say...

Looks like they did reply with some "out of nowhere" BS excuse here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/other-ea-games/bd-p/other-ea-games

They claimed that BFBC1 should have been gone with GameSpy servers shutdown a year ago. They even gave a link to an ancient Gamespy article there. But again no mention of BFBC1 in that article.

*Basic EA ignorance*

That's exactly what they told me! I kept saying that was wrong, but that chat EA guy seemed to be so worn off because of people reporting this problem... he was at some point rude.

Ok, so there is some new info. Looks like EA will not look into this issue until at least 40 people sign under it. So all we must do is just press "Me too' button under the first post in this thread: "https%3A%2F%2Feaassets-a.akamaihd.net%2Fsignin_ea_com%2Fp%2Fstatics%2Fgus%2Fimg%2Fdefault_avatar.JPEG", "accessToken": "", "idToken": ""} (the link is ugly, i know)

Apparently that "Catch the Bad moment" trophy was fixed exactly the same way after our french community created similar thread on EA forums and asked for support across different web-sites (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/battlefield-bad-company/260406-trophy-catch-bad-moment.html example) and got over 35 people signing under it just before EA fixed the issue.

So guys, the situation is not hopeless. Lets storm that "Me too'' button :)

Also guys, it will not be wrong if you also briefly ask them about the issue on EA Support twitter just in case https://twitter.com/askeasupport

Edited by item112z
  • Like 2

Dammit, just when I was considering getting back into Bad Company, this happens. This and Bad Company 2 were easily my favorite shooters, and I still think they top any of the recent Battlefield games. I'm sincerely hoping EA is willing to put the servers back up for a limited run, but we all know that's not going to happen. Assuming the servers really are long and gone, something tells me Bad Company 2's next, and if that's the case, I really should get back to it. I'm only one trophy away from the Platinum, and I'll be damned if the servers shut down before I get it.

I've already clicked like 10 of those "Me Too" buttons, all from different threads.

There are a bunch of guys that i've played with that haven't clicked yet (It would be enough to push it to at least 20).

It all depends on whether these guys have EA accounts & how much they care.

I've spent over a month on this, in another 2 months I would have finished, hell even in 1 month if things were going my way.

Edit: It looks like we are 1/2 way from 40 ATM, we should get it to 50 or even 100 until they start to acknowledge the issue.

Edited by Sipkowitz
  • Like 1