RPG Master Incoming

Gildenmagier

Why no Pier Solar?

I do own Pier Solar and I already started it.

Those time though. Did you not sleep when you platted Fallout and Skyrim  :P

I've played both games numerous times and I really know them very well. It could've finished Skyrim even a bit faster if the werewolf and vampire stuff wouldn't be so boring.

Very nice list! I'm planning on platting most of the RPG list as well, albeit much slower than you ;)

The pace decreased massively after my 20th platinum. It probably was a bit too much back then. ;)

I do own Pier Solar and I already started it.

Yeah. I was more asking why you hadn't platted it yet. It seemed like a pretty long break, although if you are like me, you pick up and put down games all the time.

Could you write up a bit about Guided Fate Paradox? I have been mulling over whether to try that one out (I'm no slouch when it comes to RPGs myself).

Could you write up a bit about Guided Fate Paradox?

It's from the creators of the Disgaea games and you smell that aroma on every corner. I can't tell much about the story as I skipped everything after following two hours of uninspired blahblah. The game is very difficult. If you want to aim for the platinum then prepare yourself for a merciless and unforgiving grind marathon. The diffculty can switch from easy-peasy to fucking brutal from one minute to the other. I had to take a break from the game as it started to fucking piss me the hell off. And THAT is something that happens when Easter and Christmas happen to be on the same day.  :devil:

It's from the creators of the Disgaea games and you smell that aroma on every corner. I can't tell much about the story as I skipped everything after following two hours of uninspired blahblah. The game is very difficult. If you want to aim for the platinum then prepare yourself for a merciless and unforgiving grind marathon. The diffculty can switch from easy-peasy to fucking brutal from one minute to the other. I had to take a break from the game as it started to fucking piss me the hell off. And THAT is something that happens when Easter and Christmas happen to be on the same day.  :devil:

Yeah. That's been an annoyance of mine. I can stand it with Disgaea games, but these difficulty spikes are getting really old. I think I'll take a pass on it.

Edited by starcrunch061

I haven't played any of the Disgaea games yet, but from what I've been told, TGFP is even harder.

Disgaea isn't very hard; in fact, as SRPG, it's pretty easy, because you can grind to infinity. I enjoyed it for Disgaea and Disgaea 3, but I bought Disgaea 4 and found that I didn't share the same passion in creating a god character that I did in the past. 

Sounds like TGFP requires the same type of stuff, and that appeal has been lost for me.

I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Hyperdimension games when you have played them :)

Well, I actually bought the Hyperdimension Neptunia Hypercollection recently. The press usually don't like the series and gave all games rather mediocre ratings. I'll see how they fit my taste. After more than 20 years of playing RPGs it's pretty hard to impress me. It'll take some time until I play them though. Right now I'm playing Deus Ex, the next big game will be Fallout 4. If I'm fast enough I'll probably throw something short into the ring to kill the time until Fallout arrives. Dunno yet.

Edited by Rocketbean
  • Like 1

As a retired XBOX player which one would you choose?  :D 

Achievements or trophies?

I'd say trophies. Gamerscore is just what it is: Points. Xbox is lacking something like the platinum trophy. That's what makes the trophy system more interesting.

I was wondering if you had a rough calculation of how long all of those games would take to complete?  :)  I know it won't be precise and would be entirely based on timescales other people have given in trophy guides, but I'm very curious.

I have no clue. The main reason for that list is to have them all on one spot, because some of the games are rather unknown. I'm gonna double-check a game before buying it. A friend told me that "Tears to Tiara II" is 90% story and 10% gameplay. I'm not sure if I really like it that way. :D

Edited by Rocketbean
  • Like 1