Meta-trophies (trophies about your trophies)

PSNProfiles is supposed to be a community where everyone are involved to help each other for trophies platinums.

If we put that kind of idea the community will not be Helpful most of time like Dragon said, because of competitions. 

The only competition that I see in this forum is the leaderboard but the members help each other to level up on the leaderboard, no need to think about competition.

I agree with this. PST.org community became corrupted because of the site awards. One of the things I like here is how the community is nice and helpful most of the time.

Oh god no, that's like putting a huge sign that says "Welcome trolls and spammers". Though a point/ranking/award system for the game sessions would hopefully encourage people to show up and stay until everyone gets the trophy.

The PST community is considered "corrupted"? I didn't know that, i spend some time on PST (around 300 forum posts) and i always had a good experience. I stayed on PSNP mainly because i like the forum layout better. It's neat and easily accessible unlike PST. 

If there is going to be some kind of reward system then in my opinion it should cover forum activities mostly. Because the whole point behind rewards is giving the community an extra "thing" to do on the forums. To make the forum more fun and to give members some recognition. Even if you don't include rewards like x amount of likes/post, you can still give rewards for winning the song vote, or winning the trophy league, publishing a guide, solving a question on the feedback forum, the premium name could be transformed in a neat premium reward badge, etc. But coming back on my previous post, giving rewards for "x amount of posts" & "x amount of likes" may sound like troller bait, but if you think about it it really isn't. The only things that could happen which would impact the forum negatively would be;

• Spammers; But as we've seen before, Parker is quick to swing around the ban hammer. So i don't think it'd be much of a problem, at least not in the long run.
  • Witty comments/comments for the sole reason to gather likes; We already have those "Most recent platinum", "Post the last trophy you earned", etc are all threads were you can farm likes. 
  • Ganging up on new members; only liking the posts of your friends and not new members. This could be a problem, although i'm confident that the community is nice enough to not shut out new members

There isn't a lot that trollers can do if i think about it. It's not that you can dislike posts, or take likes from someone. You can only give. Now a user rating system, where you give a player a rating based on how well he/she performed in a boosting session can be troller heaven. Because you can give people 1 star, even if those people in question showed up. Also, the amount of users that use boosting sessions is far greater than the amount of people who actively engage on the forums. Thus, you'll have more chance on troller activity. I'm not saying i wouldn't like to see some kind of user gaming session score or the sort (Actually, truetrophies has a rating system for boosting sessions and so far i haven't seen any trollers that misuse the system) but you have to admit that it's easy to give someone 1 star even if he/she cooperated. You can already see how everybody hates those stars on your profile. 

Moving on. Although it would be fun to earn forum rewards, i don't think PSNP needs it. Because the forums are pretty active and these rewards (whether it'd be forum rewards or rewards based on x amount of trophies) would only result in another e-peen competition. And we already have our PSN profiles to show off how big our e-peens are :P

Edited by xZoneHunter

3, 5 or 10  :platinum: in a week? Are there really that many moviebased games? :awesome: GoldenCompass isnt thaaaaaat easy and quick btw. Had it for XBox, what an awful game xD

Oh, there are PLENTY of trophy whorin' games out there.

As far as the site awards, I ain't a fan. Maybe it's because of playstationtrophies.com and their tendency to keep changing the parameters for their awards, but again, it feels like something that would create cliques, and this site is happily free of that nonsense.