Meta-trophies (trophies about your trophies)

Hi everyone!

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I think it would be great for PSNP to grant us "PSNprofile trophies" for our general accomplishment.

We could also have a separate leaderboard for this specific kind of trophies :).

We would earn "meta trophies" by achieving a certain task. For example:

- win a bronze metatrophy when you achieve your first platinum

- win a silver metatrophy when you achieve your thenth platinum

- win a gold metatrophy when you achieve your 50th or 100th platinum

Win a bronze, silver and gold trophies for:

- reaching 1000, 5000 and 10.000 trophies

- obtaining 3, 5 and 10 platinum in a single week

- obtaining 50, 100 and 500 trophies in a single month

- being in the top 3, top 10 and top 50 of the first platinum achievers of a game

- placing in the top 3, top 10 and top 50 of the fastest platinum achievers of a game

- obtaining your 1st, 5th and 10th ultra rare platinum

- or obtaining 10, 50 and 200 ultra rare trophies

On http://www.playstationtrophies.org/, they sometimes create "custom trophy lists", with trophies from many other games. If you earn (or have already earn) all of those trophies, you "win a meta platinum trophy", if you earn or have earn 40 to 50 trophies, you earn a "meta gold trophy". This could also be done in here :).

You understood, "PSNprofile" would be some game with trophies itself, for which you would have to earn trophies on your console in order to earn trophies on the website :D. I think that this could be great for the PSNP community. It would give us another kind of leaderboard, which would be very interesting in my opinion. Of course, those "meta trophies" wouldn't count in the general leaderboard.

• Like 4

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. 

One question though, would having PSNProfile as a game on your profile affect your PSN stats on this site? Say I am level 14 with 0% and get a trophy in PSNProfile, will it change my stat to level 14 with 1% on the website ( I know it cant on PSN servers). 

Some of these sound similar to milestones though, like the ones for every 1000th trophy. How would this be different from that?

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. 

One question though, would having PSNProfile as a game on your profile affect your PSN stats on this site? Say I am level 14 with 0% and get a trophy in PSNProfile, will it change my stat to level 14 with 1% on the website ( I know it cant on PSN servers). 

Some of these sound similar to milestones though, like the ones for every 1000th trophy. How would this be different from that?

No of course it shouldn't affect the normal leaderboards :).

Also, i agree that some of them sounds like milestone, but their purpose are not the same.

Milestone is "THAT game was my first plat", or "THAT trophy was my 1000th". What i suggest would only be "that gamer has achieved that number of platinum or that number of trophies".

Of course if some of them sounds too much like milestone, we just have to imagine any other kind of achievement for PSNProfile :)

No of course it shouldn't affect the normal leaderboards :).

Also, i agree that some of them sounds like milestone, but their purpose are not the same.

Milestone is "THAT game was my first plat", or "THAT trophy was my 1000th". What i suggest would only be "that gamer has achieved that number of platinum or that number of trophies".

Of course if some of them sounds too much like milestone, we just have to imagine any other kind of achievement for PSNProfile :)

Oh okay, then I'm completely down with this idea. 

I was just curious about the milestone thing. Personally I don't try to make my milestones special. 

Especially since I have a crappy missing timestamp trophy from Welcome Park when I know for 100% fact that I logged into my PSN on my Vita before starting anything. (Unless they made you play Welcome Park before even setting up time/date and PSN. I don't remember cause so long ago but it would be dumb to play the game before setting up the Vita. Also PS3 and PS4 have you set up before anything, and so I would assume it follows the same for Vita.)

These sound quite a lot like the site awards we used to have, but they were removed for some reason. I don't mean to be negative but I'm not too thrilled about this idea. It might get a little bit cluttered. I like the clean look of the site now. That's just my opinion though :)

I never saw that on PSNP, so i don't know if this is like the site awards you are talking about :D.

Those "meta trophies" would also allow us to see very quickly what one has achieved. Of course, the number of trophies/plat is already on your profile, but being able to see in a blink of an eye if someone has a lot of ultra rare trophies, or if someone is regularly in the first achievers would be cool in my opinion :).

And i don't believe this would be a huge work to implement (some more checks when updating someone profile, that's it :))

Edited by lesk8vaincra

- obtaining 3, 5 and 10 platinum in a single week

What?! Who gets that many platinums in the course of 7 days? lol the most I have gotten in a week was 3 and thats only because 2 were almost done prior to the week beginning. maybe in a month?

Edited by Kryptiic_v2

What?! Who gets that many platinums in the course of 7 days? lol the most I have gotten in a week was 3 and thats only because 2 were almost done prior to the week beginning. maybe in a month?

I do not especially talk about finishing 5 or 10 whole game in a single week... Just obtaining several platinum in the same week :D

Without planning anything i already did 4 plats in a week multiple time, i'm sure earning 10 plats in a week wouldn't be a problem if you prepare multiple games :).

Sly already has/had a plan for awards.

I don't think we'll ever get/actually need them.

We already have milestones.

Well, milestone are a nice function, but they don't mark what i think a "real" achievement is. Is there a point in showing that my 3000th trophy was "Fun deviants", in Little Deviants? I would be more glad if something showed "lesk8vaincra is the 10th on PSNP that platted hotline miami 2" or "lesk8vaincra is in the top 25 first achievers in 5 games". 

This kind of information couldn't be placed within the milestone tab, but it would be cool to see someone's dedication in finishing games. Also it would offer a different kind of leaderboards. Right now, leaderboards only shows how many  trophies you got.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to show more some kind of leaderboard where someone who has got 100 hard to get plat and maintained a completion ratio of 95% would be in an higher rank than someone who played 500 different games, has a completion ratio of 30%, and do not have a single "ultra rare" trophy?

I know that it wouldn't be absolutely accurate, but sometimes i see someone with 60 or 70 platinum, and i think "wow he must be great". Then i see that he only plated games like Hanah montana, CSI, Cabella serie, amongst many other "free platinum" (i don't condamn it, i also have a lot of easy plat).

But i would like to be able to compare myself in another way than the number of trophies :)

Edited by lesk8vaincra

I'd rather see your system implemented for forum activities rather than getting trophies. Getting x amount of posts or likes, competing in x amount of successful gaming sessions or engaging in community events like "we plays" and "Trophy hunters league". 

But i doubt we'll ever see this implement, since at the end it'll just cause people trying to show off how big their E-peen is. We already have "normal" trophies for that :P

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

I'm quite content with PSNP being one of the few forums that haven't turned into a competition between members. Things are fine the way they are now

This sounds like a really unnecessary feature, don't get me wrong, I like trophies just as much as the next guy but this idea is over the top in my opinion.

I agree with this. PST.org community became corrupted because of the site awards. One of the things I like here is how the community is nice and helpful most of the time.

I'd rather see your system implemented for forum activities rather than getting trophies. Getting x amount of posts or likes, competing in x amount of successful gaming sessions or engaging in community events like "we plays" and "Trophy hunters league". 

But i doubt we'll ever see this implement, since at the end it'll just cause people trying to show off how big their E-peen is. We already have "normal" trophies for that :P

Oh god no, that's like putting a huge sign that says "Welcome trolls and spammers". Though a point/ranking/award system for the game sessions would hopefully encourage people to show up and stay until everyone gets the trophy.

• Like 1