Great game, very hard plat :D

I found this game really good, I loved playing games like Legend of Heroes on PSP and this reminds me a lot of that.  Story was actually very interesting and the game for the most part was great trophy wise. 

However, the plat is easily one of the hardest things I've attempted in a while.  The Eternal Slip mini game will test your patience.  Good luck to all who attempt it!  I am still trying to do it myself!

More or less same # of achievers, PS3 version has ~600 owners and PS4 has 3000... that would be why there is such a difference.

Yes, but the ratio

Looking at the PS4 version, you'd think the game is very hard (not saying it isn't) considering it's around 0.30% rarity, whereas with the PS3 version, someone would expect it to be easier

This difference in ratio, confuses me as to what rarity actually, vaguely represents the game's difficulty

Edited by Aela

Just platted the game, bloody fantastic. One of the best games I've played in a while.

Come on. I just finished the plat on PS3, and it's not that great. It sells itself on jostalgia, but when held up against RPGs of the SNES/Genesis era, it pales by comparison.

@yuri: It depends on your eternal slip time. The game itself is very easy; don't let the ridiculously low plat percentage fool you. But the eternal slip minigame is a genuine challenge, and I imagine that's kept most people away (well, at least those who didn't give up because the shopaholic trophy was glitched).

Yes, but the ratio

Looking at the PS4 version, you'd think the game is very hard (not saying it isn't) considering it's around 0.30% rarity, whereas with the PS3 version, someone would expect it to be easier

This difference in ratio, confuses me as to what rarity actually, vaguely represents the game's difficulty

Ratios are only really meaningful with larger sample sizes.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Come on. I just finished the plat on PS3, and it's not that great. It sells itself on jostalgia, but when held up against RPGs of the SNES/Genesis era, it pales by comparison.

@yuri: It depends on your eternal slip time. The game itself is very easy; don't let the ridiculously low plat percentage fool you. But the eternal slip minigame is a genuine challenge, and I imagine that's kept most people away (well, at least those who didn't give up because the shopaholic trophy was glitched).

Ratios are only really meaningful with larger sample sizes.

It's a game that is more about the roots of RPGs.  It has a good story, decent about of customization depth without going overly complex, and very good visuals for being 16-bit.  As for the combat system it is decent, like most any RPG you can just over-level and blow through the game but if you want the challenge/strategy portion all you have to do is play it normally without any excessive grinding.  Compared to the much more complex RPGs of today, this was a great experience for me, a relaxing well paced progression.  It doesn't mean everyone else has to like it.

Look at my list and tell me with honestly how long would I take to get it done. I finish everything I start FYI.

It just depends how you play, eternal slip mini game is the only thing that is a challenge but in time you will get.  It seems really hard at first but it gets easier with practice like everything else lol.  You could do it if you tried, like 99% of all trophies, it's just about determination.

It's a game that is more about the roots of RPGs.  It has a good story, decent about of customization depth without going overly complex, and very good visuals for being 16-bit.  As for the combat system it is decent, like most any RPG you can just over-level and blow through the game but if you want the challenge/strategy portion all you have to do is play it normally without any excessive grinding.  Compared to the much more complex RPGs of today, this was a great experience for me, a relaxing well paced progression.  It doesn't mean everyone else has to like it.

It just depends how you play, eternal slip mini game is the only thing that is a challenge but in time you will get.  It seems really hard at first but it gets easier with practice like everything else lol.  You could do it if you tried, like 99% of all trophies, it's just about determination.

The trophies kind of make you grind, though. 600 battles is quite a lot. In fact, the trophies are probably what turned me off the most about this title (although the story, while conceptually good, was rife with plotholes even Carl Lewis couldn't leap).

I do agree with your difficulty assessment, though. I was shocked to see such a low plat percentage on the PS3, to say nothing of the PS4.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just curious once you hit that check point midway of the eternal slip, can you actually turn the game on and try another day or do you have to play in the same session?

I'm pretty sure it's the same session. That being said, the return trip is a lot easier. I don't know exactly WHY it's a lot easier, but I got it on around my 5th attempt on the way back (and many people get it on their first).

I think it's because the most familiar part of the return trip is the end part of the trip, so if you lose, you usually lose early, mitigating that frustration from the earlier trip.To give you an idea, every single person who got the silver on the PS3 version also got the gold on the PS3 version; that's one of the first times I've ever seen that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...