what are you thoughts about Online Trophies?

PBJ85

Like the title says: what is your thoughts about Online Trophies.

I hate them!

And this is why: Games with MP trophies (besides the uncharted games) making it almost impossible to achieve a :platinum:

I'm a huge fan of gaming. 

The reason I play games is mainly the single player storyline and good Gameplay.

Games like Uncharted, Tomb raider, The Order 1886, Dishonored have great story-lines, good gameplay and some fresh new idea's.

Multi-player games are not my piece of cake.

Basically because i suck at it. and I don't have the time to play that much for that long.

Those trophies (like: achieve lvl 50 or win a game of CTF with 3 friends on your PSN frienslist) make it impossible to achieve a :platinum: for me.

Uncharted 2 and 3 did it right. Those games having only 2 MP trophies.

Both trophies require you to Complete one Cooperative Multiplayer game or Complete one Competitive Multiplayer game.

You don't have to win the game just be there and play one whole game and *ping* the trophy is yours!

I'd love to see games with only SP trophies so everyone can achieve a :platinum:

Some have poor internet connection and cant even play on-line.

For some like me who don't give a s*** about MP can also achieve :platinum: trophies.

Make the MP trophies part of a free DLC\Patch. 

How do you think of MP trophies?

I suppose it depends on the game. Overall i'm against the idea of online trophies as they always run the risk of becoming unobtainable once the servers get shut down. That said, if a game focuses on online multiplayer, there should be multiplayer related trophies. I believe neither the Call Of Duty nor the last Battlefield had many multiplayer trophies if at all. For games with online components that aren't the main attraction i'd rather not have online trophies due to the unobtainable thing i mentioned earlier.

I only have one game with online trophies and I am finding it a love hate affair.

TLOU multiplayer is mostly great fun, but in my short time of playing it I have had several people mouth off at me and even received messages (which I now have blocked except for friends).

The thing is I am new to the game so I will suck some, but overall I am not that bad, not really bad, and rarely finish in the bottom of my team but for some reason some people who play TLOU online are complete idiots and if they lose a game they can go all aggressive.

My opinion is if you see a game you really want to play and it has online trophies then ask yourself do you want to play the game and just enjoy it in single player, or do you want to grind out with occasional idiots online for a platinum, it seems to boil down to that in my short experience.

I'm pretty sure this topic has been done a couple of times before, just trying to see if I can search it out.

In my opinion, I'm glad that games offer such a variety of play and in some ways MP extends the lifetime of the game (providing the servers are not closed down)  I think I clocked 8 days on Uncharted 2 online, due to having fun with friends and I played long after I obtained the DLC trophies.  I wouldn't say I'm overly confident on MP games, but I have a great bunch of friends I can play with (whom I also met through MP games)

Edited to say:  I guess this topic counts?

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/25730-online-trophies-is-the-assholest-thing-ever-done-to-gamers/?hl=online%20trophies

Edited by RachP13

As long as they online-only, they are BS.

If they are doable offline, I have no problems with them. 

If anyone wants to use online MP, feel free to do it, but I don't want to risk unobtainable Plat because of that.

Everything should be doable offline so people have the freedom of choice.

^ Basically this.

I like to play my games the same way I used to on my PS2 and PSP: offline. I get my games for the single player experience. Nothing against online modes, lots of people like them, but don't include online trophies to force us to play them. They turn the platinum/100% into something you're now unable to get by yourself. And some of them either demand that you get godlike skills to beat the people that mastered the fuck out of the game or are just downright ridiculously hard to get. Not to mention, if you failed to get all of them before the dreaded server shutdown (which will happen eventually)... tough shit, man, it's now permanently unattainable.

You should never have to depend on other people or to be constrained by time issues to get everything out of your games. I should be able to do it whenever I want and depend only on myself.

I don't see how they shouldn't be included in a platinum. Earning a platinum trophy to me means that you have put work into playing every part of a game. In the case of many games that includes online. Yes, it does suck that the servers do eventually get shut down, I have been a victim of that myself (UFC 3) and it completely dashed my hopes of ever having 100% completion. It's better to just leave it as it is. What's next? Collectable trophies are worthless and shouldn't be included, or playing the story on the hardest difficulty shouldn't be included? How about next you argue that platinum trophies should be unlocked upon turning on the game? If Rockstar Games wants to add 100 online trophies to GTA VI so they feel you have experienced everything online has to offer than let them. Either don't play the game, don't get the platinum, or suck it up like everyone else.

• Like 1