Trophy List

Sir_Bee

I voted for this game because it looked far more interesting to me than the other two choices. I'm just glad they at least gave us a discount, though $9.99 would have been the sweet spot for me to get this immediately. I'm going to wait alittle while to see some reviews but i definetly want this game.

I was wondering if anyone who has the game knows if it is possible to get the Platinum by yourself, or with just 1 extra controller.  The idea of the game looks interesting to me, but I do not want to be depending on 3 other people to play it.

I played this quite a bit yesterday (sorry I didn't see your post earlier) and as far as I can tell all are doable by yourself against 3 AIs- except a rare few seem really tricky to set up alone against AI and would be much easier if boostable. I'm not yet sure if it's possible to boost this game (the community is so small, so I don't know anyone else with it) but there is an unranked skirmish multiplayer mode so presumably it is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there is no local multiplayer mode currently.

Having played the game and looked at the trophy list there seems to be only 1 multiplayer trophy. The one that requires you to break an allies pact but this might be a playable card so it could also be just offline. I'm really enjoying the game btw.

I believe this is indeed a card. I'm quite sure I played it once -trickery, unlimited range, if I remember right- and it was something like you play it on another player to give the benefit of +1 Prestige each morning until either one dies. I'm sorry I can't give the exact details as it is not in my card gallery; I was never able to finish that game due to a certain bug, and cards are only added to your card gallery after finishing that game.

If that is true, I have lost almost all interest in this game :(

I think so. I haven't turned on my other controller to double check but the multiplayer menu is mainly for the online. It couldn't work split-screen and it would have to be hobbled for turn-based as you can normally play your cards even when it's not your turn (so it's not simple turn-based). They'd have to remove this ability for it to even begin to work in a pass-the-controller mode (either that or, with individual controllers, you can suspend the other player's turn at the press of a button... which sounds like all kinds of trouble).

They've talked about a local multiplayer in interviews (I would love to see a co-op in later updates) but all we know for certain at the moment is online ranked multiplayer is next, many other updates will be later (I suspect they will add more characters/clans over time).

Sorry to disappoint but when you see the game in action I think you will agree it's a bit too intense for local multiplayer to be a simple inclusion...

The game has 30% launch discount because of the vote to play promotion so anyone thinking of getting this on the cheap... well you could wait for a 50% sale but for a couple of quid saving is it worth it? Why not just give it a swing now? Or check out some gameplay videos to help make your mind up (there aren't a lot of reviews yet)

p.s. No I'm not in any way affiliated with the game, before anyone asks, I've just put quite a bit of time into playing it! (To the point where I'm starting to see more of the flaws now lol)

The game seems pretty fun and fresh, but i'm not fully convinced about the trophies...they all seem luck based.

I mean, every match is quite long and to complete one or more tasks the player has to be quite lucky, not only skilled.

I really like the game, but i'm sure that those trophies 'd give me nightmares...

Edited by Re-LoreLink

They are pretty tricky, which means a lot of the later ones you will find yourself having to dedicate a whole match to these pursuits. On one hand it adds longevity, as you soon realise there is no incentive for actually winning after you have the amulets (only requires one win per type). On the other hand it is extremely frustrating when, at the end of an hour long dedicated match, RNG screws you out of what you have otherwise earnt.

When playing single player you can quit to menu, as the autosave is approximately every turn (I haven't figured out exactly how it works, but) it's often enough that you never have to replay much, and you will notice a lot of the seemingly RNG stuff plays out the same when you load up again... you could say it's kind of like a (reverse) butterfly effect in that all the events up to this point have led to the RNG rolling a Treasure on this dungeon during this turn... and sometimes it will help you and sometimes it will really piss you off, but nonetheless at least it saves you wasting the whole match most of the time (changing up your moves will often shake the RNG out of its fix).

Sorry for the really long train of thought. Long story short, although some of the trophies are a pain and will make you want to boost, for the most part there is hope if you have time.

They are pretty tricky, which means a lot of the later ones you will find yourself having to dedicate a whole match to these pursuits. On one hand it adds longevity, as you soon realise there is no incentive for actually winning after you have the amulets (only requires one win per type). On the other hand it is extremely frustrating when, at the end of an hour long dedicated match, RNG screws you out of what you have otherwise earnt.

When playing single player you can quit to menu, as the autosave is approximately every turn (I haven't figured out exactly how it works, but) it's often enough that you never have to replay much, and you will notice a lot of the seemingly RNG stuff plays out the same when you load up again... you could say it's kind of like a (reverse) butterfly effect in that all the events up to this point have led to the RNG rolling a Treasure on this dungeon during this turn... and sometimes it will help you and sometimes it will really piss you off, but nonetheless at least it saves you wasting the whole match most of the time (changing up your moves will often shake the RNG out of its fix).

Sorry for the really long train of thought. Long story short, although some of the trophies are a pain and will make you want to boost, for the most part there is hope if you have time.

Well, thanks for the hint.

I've a question, do you know how to use the hero's power of a single character ?

I've a question, do you know how to use the hero's power of a single character ?

You have to play as that character for the match, and then the specifics of use vary from character to character. A list (with some strategies thrown in) is here: http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=Character_Talents

Some are passive, such as Zosha's night stealth, and others are only activated on use, such as Thane's enhanced card burning.

If you want to get a feel for the mechanics of the game I would suggest checking out some gameplay of the Prologue on youtube, since it's like a tutorial and the closest thing we have to a demo.