No Story DLC to come. R* dropped support for old gen systems and no new heists

TheLoneliestPanda

Whatcha think of this? Personally I'm not too bothered as I mainly played gta v for the online. But story dlc would have been neat to see at some point

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-17203-New-GTA-5-Heists-or-Story-DLC-Not-Part-of-Rockstar-s-Plans.html

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/30816-rockstar-no-longer-support-last-gen/

• Like 1

A little bit of a slap in the face to the people who didn't just clamor to the game for the online portion, and were looking forward to additional story content because they said it was coming.  If they were moving on to begin development of a new game, I guess that'd be one thing... but I guess we can officially say that the online portion of the series will be the priority going forward.  For GTA V and any future entries to the franchise.  Who knows, GTA V may be the last proper single player entry.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

Well that's a bit shit.

I liked the GTA IV story DLC, red dead was great too.

Having no story DLC for GTA V is honestly a massive fucking let down.

I hope it's not true lol.

If it is I guess their online cash card money went to their head and they stopped giving a fuck.

Who knows.

What a complete waste of potential.

Fine with this. As far as I know GTA5 never had a season pass, so it's not like we're not getting anything that wasn't promised.

Guess it depends on your definition of "promised", as they did announce story mode DLC was on the way.

But yeah, I guess no one technically purchased it ahead of time.  So no harm done other than mild annoyance.  And personally speaking, a feeling that Rockstar has "sold their soul" a little bit by disregarding what was once the guts of the GTA franchise.  I'm fully anticipating GTA VI will nix single player entirely and they'll go full MMO with it.  Once their done milking "GTA Online" for every microtransaction they can get. xD

They were already on thin ice with me after the miserable way they treated their PC users the year leading up to it's release.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Well that's a bit shit.

I liked the GTA IV story DLC, red dead was great too.

Having no story DLC for GTA V is honestly a massive fucking let down.

I hope it's not true lol.

If it is I guess their online cash card money went to their head and they stopped giving a fuck.

Who knows.

What a complete waste of potential.

What made you think they gave a fuck to begin with?

• Like 1

I guess they wanted to focus on that Agent game that is coming out........ lol! Let's be real, even our great grand children ain't going to see this game.

I guess this was going to happen sooner or later, I hope they have a treat for us when they fully move onto current gen.

Disappointing news from on the most consistent quality development teams in the business. . Apparently edited videos uploaded to YouTube is a big thing for the PC version, and it is a neat feature, but I don't think it is more important to users than actual additional gameplay. Heists were hard? Well you finally got them up and running, the "hard" part of figuring out how to get them to work is finished.

Pretty sure the announcement for single player DLC was made before they announced current gen versions of the games. So I can see that's where the focus was ultimately shifted to. The PS4 version is worth the money, and that's coming from someone who bought the collector's edition on PS3. I guess we should have seen this coming after they said there would be no more add-ons for the last gen version, they aren't going to release single player DLC for one and not the other, screwing a whole grip of customers.

And now they probably won't make an official announcement via their newswire to reduce flak, but maybe they should never have announced it to being with it they weren't going to deliver.