Guide making/tools suggestion

Champ147

I just recently made my first guide and I had a couple ideas that could help in the guide making process. Here are my suggestions/thoughts...

1. Is it possible to add the ability to put in a range of hours required for the platinum on guides? Being able to say something like 30-50 hours would give the readers a better idea of how long it may take as opposed to just saying something like 50 hours. 
  2. Is it possible to add something like a "+ Chapter Select" option to the number of play through's needed in a game. Don't make this mandatory to add to a guide but leave it as an option if they wanted to add it in. Many games may require just 1 play though from beginning to end but may still need lots of replaying of chapters to earn a platinum.
  3. Please add icon buttons for the "options" and "share" buttons on the PS4 controllers, along with maybe the "PS" button but that one isn't as necessary.   

If any of these things were already mentioned in another thread, I'm sorry I missed it. 

I just recently made my first guide and I had a couple ideas that could help in the guide making process. Here are my suggestions/thoughts...

I've been messaged about some of these before and I definitely agree on new icons for Options, Share, Touchpad, PS Button, etc for guides, I sometimes tease Sly (the owner of the site) saying he really needs to add them, he hasn't yet  :P. For chapter select, the "missable" tag kind of indicates that you can't go back via chapter select or there isn't a chapter select. Though a big "Chapter Select Available" thing or something like that is definitely a good idea. It's also not the first time people have asked to be able to put a range of hours, but that's ultimately up to Sly if he wants to add that. I usually just tell writers to put the average amount of hours you think most people would take to finish the game ;)

P.S. - Sorry about the really over-the-top criticism you got from a reader on your guide. I went ahead and replied to him, lol you gotta be kidding me with that xD

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

along with maybe the "PS" button but that one isn't as necessary.   

In the meantime you can copy this PS button image from the forum:  :ps: .

Sorry about the really over-the-top criticism you got from a reader on your guide. I went ahead and replied to him, lol you gotta be kidding me with that xD

Just took a look and damn that post is long :o.

• Like 1