Yakuza Kiwami - Yakuza 1 remake

Superbuu3

Is it possible that they might put Yakuza 1 and 2 together in a single title (like they did with Warriors: Orochi and Warriors: Orochi 2 when they created Musou Orochi: Z)?

Extremely unlikely, never say never, but the Yakuza games are too big and have too few shared elements to do that. Remember they'd have to remake a whole other city for Yakuza 2 to be added to this and also the focus wouldn't be Nishiki who would be considered the best series protagonist.

Is it possible that they might put Yakuza 1 and 2 together in a single title (like they did with Warriors: Orochi and Warriors: Orochi 2 when they created Musou Orochi: Z)?

Since it was said to be remake of the original Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza), I wouldn't bet on anything else than 1.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Extremely unlikely, never say never, but the Yakuza games are too big and have too few shared elements to do that. Remember they'd have to remake a whole other city for Yakuza 2 to be added to this and also the focus wouldn't be Nishiki who would be considered the best series protagonist.

I'd like to say I remember that, but I've never played Yakuza 1 and 2. That's too bad, though - I would like to play them (even in remastered form, which I usually am not a fan of).

Since it was said to be remake of the original Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza), I wouldn't bet on anything else than 1.

Oh well. :(

But there was already remaster for 1 and 2 on PS3 so I don't really see how it's unlikely.

I can't wait. I will be importing this but the chances of it coming to the west..? Seems small right now. :(

Depends on how well Yakuza 5 does over here I guess. I have it preordered and still waiting for it to pop up in my downloads. </3 Now I can complete my Yakuza plat collection even further!

Edited by Cielle

But there was already remaster for 1 and 2 on PS3 so I don't really see how it's unlikely.

This is a ground up remake.

If they didn't bother localising Yakuza 1 and 2 HD which already were translated as they existed on PS2. Getting 2 up woud require more work and get less sales than a PS3 version they could've released at that time, given how many people owned PS3s. Do you really think they're going to bother putting in the work to recode PS3 games for PS4? There's probably more chance of a ground up remake of 2 then rereleasing the PS3 remaster on PS4.

I can't wait. I will be importing this but the chances of it coming to the west..? Seems small right now. :(

Depends on how well Yakuza 5 does over here I guess. I have it preordered and still waiting for it to pop up in my downloads. </3 Now I can complete my Yakuza plat collection even further!

Depending on Yakuza 5s reception this could happen.

This is a ground up remake.

If they didn't bother localising Yakuza 1 and 2 HD which already were translated as they existed on PS2. Getting 2 up woud require more work and get less sales than a PS3 version they could've released at that time, given how many people owned PS3s. Do you really think they're going to bother putting in the work to recode PS3 games for PS4? There's probably more chance of a ground up remake of 2 then rereleasing the PS3 remaster on PS4.

I didn't mean they would port remaster from PS3 to PS4. What I meant was that they already released 1 and 2 in one remaster so they could do it again.

I didn't mean they would port remaster from PS3 to PS4. What I meant was that they already released 1 and 2 in one remaster so they could do it again.

That would never happen.

Doing a ground up remake is considerably harder work than doing a remaster. So in this case they'd have to make both from the ground up otherwise peole would complain, if you had one game that looks like a PS4 game and another that looks like a PS2 game the people buying would be pissed. They'd make way more money and have to put way less effort in if they ignored Yakuza 2 for now. Thats not to say they wouldn't remake Yakuza 2 later.

Sega isn't a nice developer they'd never put in that much work for no profit, as the Yakuza remake alone would sell a lot no need to sweeten the deal.

That would never happen.

Doing a ground up remake is considerably harder work than doing a remaster. So in this case they'd have to make both from the ground up otherwise peole would complain, if you had one game that looks like a PS4 game and another that looks like a PS2 game the people buying would be pissed. They'd make way more money and have to put way less effort in if they ignored Yakuza 2 for now. Thats not to say they wouldn't remake Yakuza 2 later.

Sega isn't a nice developer they'd never put in that much work for no profit, as the Yakuza remake alone would sell a lot no need to sweeten the deal.

I would love to see a Yakuza 2 remake down the line.. and maybe a remastered version of Black Panther or something. Those games would be neat on the Vita.

That would never happen.

I guess that makes sense.

Hell yes!! Finally a remake I can get hyped for. Yakuza 5 finally gets a western release, Yakuza 1 gets a 8th gen remake AND Yakuza 6 is announced..."The Summer of Salt" has official become "The Year of The Dragon". All these imports are destroying my wallet but I don't even care, The hype is real.

This year keeps getting better and better.. and next year will shine even more! Can't wait to platinum all these imports. :)

iiGv8F.gif

Hell yes!! Finally a remake I can get hyped for. Yakuza 5 finally gets a western release, Yakuza 1 gets a 8th gen remake AND Yakuza 6 is announced..."The Summer of Salt" has official become "The Year of The Dragon". All these imports are destroying my wallet but I don't even care, The hype is real.

I didn't think you'd be this exicted for an RGG game that doesn't include Taiga lol. And yeah the Yakuza hype is back on, gotta change my sig again.