gamers beware

Stargazer2600

So earlier this month I bought the Metal Gear Solid legacy collection as a birthday gift to myself. I went on Ebay and found one for a steal. it was a buy it now for $28 with $6 shipping. the seller was someone named playcanada. It was labeled as BRAND NEW and in the description it was labeled as untouched and overstocked. So I bought it and my payment instantly cleared and within 24 hours he marked it as shipped. Now right off the bat they never gave me tracking numbers. after 3 days i messaged them and asked and they said they didn't have any. contact after that was cut and after a week i was ready to file a claim when i got a package in the mail. 

I opened the package and inside was the game that was wrapped but no slip cover. Every picture of the collection i seen had a slip cover. This was marked as BRAND NEW and i was missing the slip cover. Well i was a bit bummed but still excited. I opened the sealing and there was no art book. Both games were there and so were the codes for MGS1 and VR missions but the 100 page art book was Missing. So noslip cover and no art book. I had already (stupidly) left positive feedback so i cant change that, and any attempts to contact them are met with silence.

If i had waited 10 days for the game and paid full price, i would be hopping mad. Instead im feeling a mixture of bummed and aggrivated. I wouldnt have minded so much if they description didnt say BRAND NEW. When something says brand new, i expect it to come with everything. Anyways, i just thought id give everyone a heads up, if you buy anything from playcanada, kinda take what the description says with a grain of salt.

Guess this is what i get for trying to save some money huh?

Edited by Stargazer2600

Yeah, you can file a claim if you're not satisfied and the seller won't respond back. You'll have send the game back, but you'll get your money back. They'll even send you a link to print off a shipping label which they'll expect you to use anyway where they can track the package. You'll get your money back once the seller gets the game back.

Some will list it as Brand New for item condition but will actually state the truth in the description so you always have to read that too (though this seller's listings do say brand new and sealed in the descriptions as well). If they don't have 100% positive feedback then you should also always check out their feedback to see what the complaints were and to see if they're legitimate or if the buyer was just an idiot. They have 4 negative feedback for the past 12 months, 2 of which were what you experienced, and their neutral feedback doesn't paint any better of a picture. I personally wouldn't have taken that chance with those complaints.

You can still contact ebay about it, state that they won't communicate with you any and that the item was not brand new as it was stated and that several items were missing from what was supposedly a brand new item. Listing something as new when it's clearly not is a violation of ebay rules.

They have 3 listings for the game and 2 state second print without art book. I'm not sure if there actually was a second print on the game but it is possible that certain bonuses would only be included with the initial run of the game. They've also doubled the price on one of the listings in the last 2 weeks as well as increased another one of the listings by $25 over the last 2 weeks as well.

Definitely seems like a seller to avoid.

Some will list it as Brand New for item condition but will actually state the truth in the description so you always have to read that too (though this seller's listings do say brand new and sealed in the descriptions as well). If they don't have 100% positive feedback then you should also always check out their feedback to see what the complaints were and to see if they're legitimate or if the buyer was just an idiot. They have 4 negative feedback for the past 12 months, 2 of which were what you experienced, and their neutral feedback doesn't paint any better of a picture. I personally wouldn't have taken that chance with those complaints.

You can still contact ebay about it, state that they won't communicate with you any and that the item was not brand new as it was stated and that several items were missing from what was supposedly a brand new item. Listing something as new when it's clearly not is a violation of ebay rules.

They have 3 listings for the game and 2 state second print without art book. I'm not sure if there actually was a second print on the game but it is possible that certain bonuses would only be included with the initial run of the game. They've also doubled the price on one of the listings in the last 2 weeks as well as increased another one of the listings by $25 over the last 2 weeks as well.

Definitely seems like a seller to avoid.

Yeah after i bought my copy the price went up to match that of something like Gamestop

Apparently there was a 2nd print run of the Legacy collection without the art book or cardboard slip case cover which just comes in a normal PS3 game case. Are you sure that wasn't the listing that you actually bought? If not, then could it be possible the seller just made a genuine mistake and sent you the wrong one in error?

Apparently there was a 2nd print run of the Legacy collection without the art book or cardboard slip case cover which just comes in a normal PS3 game case. Are you sure that wasn't the listing that you actually bought? If not, then could it be possible the seller just made a genuine mistake and sent you the wrong one in error?

you gotta link or something so i can read up on this second print? not calling you a liar or anything :) just every time i looked it up there was always a art book and stuff

you gotta link or something so i can read up on this second print? not calling you a liar or anything :) just every time i looked it up there was always a art book and stuff

I found this:

http://www.giantbomb.com/metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-1987-2012/3030-42459/

also mentioned in the comments sections here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/2coh8n/metal_gear_solid_legacy_collection_on_sale_for_55/

and here:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/345311-metal-gear-solid-legacy-collection-3299-ps3-on-amazon/

Edited by Stevieboy

well this is the one i bought

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection-1987-2012-PlayStation-3-PS3-BRAND-NEW-/281773694430?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:CA:1123

doesnt say anywhere if its first or second print. Judging from the comments in the links you posted im just gonna say it is. If mine really is a second print, believe it or not that makes me feel better. Makes me feel like i didnt just get taken for a ride.

but not keeping in contact and going dead silent isnt a good thing but guess it doesnt matter in the end....lol the end...im gonna go sit in the corner now

doesnt say anywhere if its first or second print.

Untitled3_zpsf4mif1cb.png

It's right there in the description, and further down in the Q&A section someone asked them if it included the art book and they responded saying it didn't, also they stated they had listings of both versions there too. However, not responding to your e-mails is pretty bad.