What size memory card should I buy?

DanielVT

Hey guys, after much thought, I have decided instead of going digital I will be going physical. With that said, what size memory card do I need? I don't believe a 32G is necessary, and a 4G is too small because I will probably still buy PSN games etc. Should I go with an 8 or 16G? I don't want to have to buy another card again. Does the PS Vita have installs and massive updates like the PS3 does? If not, then maybe the 8G is best. Please help me out as I would like to get a card today even though I won't be getting the system for another month. Thanks.

I would say go 16G I persontally have a 32G but that is cause i put music on my vita so i can play my own music when i play games on it. most of the games are not that big so you wont have to worry about putting to much on it i think the biggest i have seen was like 3 gb not sure if that is right but yeah

I say always best to have more than you need to avoid frustration, so I vote 16GB. What's the price difference? My 60GB drive keeps filling up so storing some old games on a memord card has crossed my mind too.

Well 16G is 60 dollars, and 8 is 35 or 30 dollars. I do not think I will download many games, the only reason I need a card is for save data, updates, themes, and the likes. I don't download demos, so the only things of substance I would get is say Plants Vs Zombie which is what....15mb??? Also I have a free copy of Motorstorm RC which is around 1 G. I don't see myself using to much space, if 8G is all I need than so be it. I would rather pay less than overbuy. Besides, I can always get a bigger card if I run out of space too soon. What are your thoughts on this? BTW, this is my 1,000th post!!!!!! B):lol::awesome::yay::wave::P:D^_^:)xD

I would say go 16G I persontally have a 32G but that is cause i put music on my vita so i can play my own music when i play games on it. most of the games are not that big so you wont have to worry about putting to much on it i think the biggest i have seen was like 3 gb not sure if that is right but yeah

Well, I won't be putting music or large games on it.

• Like 1

Well 16G is 60 dollars, and 8 is 35 or 30 dollars. I do not think I will download many games, the only reason I need a card is for save data, updates, themes, and the likes. I don't download demos, so the only things of substance I would get is say Plants Vs Zombie which is what....15mb??? Also I have a free copy of Motorstorm RC which is around 1 G. I don't see myself using to much space, if 8G is all I need than so be it. I would rather pay less than overbuy. Besides, I can always get a bigger card if I run out of space too soon. What are your thoughts on this? BTW, this is my 1,000th post!!!!!! B):lol::awesome::yay::wave::P:D^_^:)xD

Well, I won't be putting music or large games on it.

Ahh, at that price point and your intent on using it, 8GB sounds perfect. And yeah, the extra money can buy a sweet HD remake or something.

Personally, I'd go with a 32gb card. There seems to be more and more games being released on the PSN only (Escape Plan, which I believe is over 1gb, Plants Vs. Zombies, etc) and as time goes by your collection will just get bigger and bigger. I've already used almost 6gb of my 32gb card and the Vita has only been out a few months. It may seem like a lot of money to shell out at first but I think it's better in the long run, even if you don't think you'll need it. It's always better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Parker

Personally, I'd go with a 32gb card. There seems to be more and more games being released on the PSN only (Escape Plan, which I believe is over 1gb, Plants Vs. Zombies, etc) and as time goes by your collection will just get bigger and bigger. I've already used almost 6gb of my 32gb card and the Vita has only been out a few months. It may seem like a lot of money to shell out at first but I think it's better in the long run, even if you don't think you'll need it. It's always better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Parker

oooh....I went out and got an 8G today. Oh well, if I need more space, I will just transfer my stuff over to a bigger card and sell my current one. Hopefully that won't be necessary. On a side note, the memory cards are unbelievably small. I am completely shocked how far technology has come. It is mind boggling.

well get an 8G that way you have some money left over you can get a game or put it towards a pre-order

Done! :)

Parker

I listened to Parker and am glad I did. I love having all my games already on my vita and most of the time at a cheaper price.

That's nice to hear every now and then. I don't think I've ever heard my wife say that! :lol:

Parker

You better hope she does not read these threads!!! lol No in all seriousness, I trust that the 8G will serve me well for a good while. As mentioned, I will not be downloading very many games at all. I will have enough space if I do happen to. With that said, if I do happen to have the need to upgrade, I will most likely go with the biggest size (memory card of course ;) ) I will just redownload my games and use PSPlus or whatever works to backup my saves. It is no big deal. If I got a really expensive card then I would have had to wait another month on top of the month I already have to wait. I want it by mid-to late July, not mid-late August!!!!! :)

BTW, what did you do, do you use the Vita physically or digitally?

Edited by DanielVT

You better hope she does not read these threads!!! lol No in all seriousness, I trust that the 8G will serve me well for a good while. As mentioned, I will not be downloading very many games at all. I will have enough space if I do happen to. With that said, if I do happen to have the need to upgrade, I will most likely go with the biggest size (memory card of course ;) ) I will just redownload my games and use PSPlus or whatever works to backup my saves. It is no big deal. If I got a really expensive card then I would have had to wait another month on top of the month I already have to wait. I want it by mid-to late July, not mid-late August!!!!! :)

Don't get anything below 16 GB, if you ever want to have Digital Titles or use it for Music or Video

Don't get anything below 16 GB, if you ever want to have Digital Titles or use it for Music or Video

Well, I already got the 8G, but I will not be using it for Music and Video, and as for gaming, I will rarely use it for digital games as I am buying physical instead of digital. :)

I buy all my games in physical form unless they are PSN exclusive like Escape Plan or Plants. Vs. Zombies. But there are a lot of great PSN exclusives which eats up space. Some games are only a few hundred mb (Tales from Space and PvZ) but others are over 1gb.

I actually just looked on eBay yesterday and I found a few auctions of people selling a used 32gb card for less than $50. If you don't have a problem with buying used that might be an option if the 8gb card ends up being too small for your needs.

Parker

I buy all my games in physical form unless they are PSN exclusive like Escape Plan or Plants. Vs. Zombies. But there are a lot of great PSN exclusives which eats up space. Some games are only a few hundred mb (Tales from Space and PvZ) but others are over 1gb.

I actually just looked on eBay yesterday and I found a few auctions of people selling a used 32gb card for less than $50. If you don't have a problem with buying used that might be an option if the 8gb card ends up being too small for your needs.

Parker

Hmmm, I don't know if I would buy used. Are not the cards linked to your PSN account?

Edited by DanielVT

Then I guess there is no real good reason to not get used cards is there?

Nope. I would buy used a lot more often but I like to take care of my stuff and it seems like every time I buy something used the disc is all scratched to hell, or the game case is sticky and disgusting. But none of that would matter for a memory card and I may very well buy a used one for my Wife when she gets a Vita.

Parker

Nope. I would buy used a lot more often but I like to take care of my stuff and it seems like every time I buy something used the disc is all scratched to hell, or the game case is sticky and disgusting. But none of that would matter for a memory card and I may very well buy a used one for my Wife when she gets a Vita.

Parker

Sounds good to me! Thanks. :)