Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Pretty sure Zadrovp made the point and click pp to further cement his lead on the leaderboards :ninja:

Aww, you figured out my plan :( *scraps plans for more instant platinum-PPs*

In any case, not getting another platinum in one of the PPs until that Arkham one so now's the best time for everyone to catch up and pass me *_*

Ok, some developments and a question regarding the Challenge Accepted PP thread.

All told, across all systems there were over 30 games that fit the requirements I came up with. Accordingly it will be split into 3 different sister-threads, by console. The ps3 one will go up first, where it is listed already on the first page. Zone hunter has volunteered to run the vita one at some point in the near future. I'll put the ps4 one up once the other two are up and running.

All three systems have enough exclusives to qualify in their own:

PS3-12

Ps4-9

PsV-5

The question is regarding multi-platform releases.

Should they:

1) all go to the vita, since it has by far the fewest?

2) go to the oldest console they're playable on? 3/V/4 - The ps3 is the least likely to receive any more exclusives and the ps4 is the most likely.

3) be handled using some other method? Make a suggestion if you've got one.

Again, these aren't competing threads, but extensions of a common theme. There will be no stacking of any kind required. Also, earning the plat on whatever console you want will still count, no matter which thread it's in.

Edited by Hemiak

Ok, some developments and a question regarding the Challenge Accepted PP thread.

All told, across all systems there were over 30 games that fit the requirements I came up with. Accordingly it will be split into 3 different sister-threads, by console. The ps3 one will go up first, where it is listed already on the first page. Zone hunter has volunteered to run the vita one at some point in the near future. I'll put the ps4 one up once the other two are up and running.

PS3-12

Ps4-9

PsV-5

Should they:

2) go to the oldest console they're playable on? 3/V/4 - The ps3 is the least likely to receive any more exclusives and the ps4 is the most likely.

Again, these aren't competing threads, but extensions of a common theme. There will be no stacking of any kind required. Also, earning the plat on whatever console you want will still count, no matter which thread it's in.

They should go to the Vita-tan so people are forced to purchase it, BUHEHEHE :awesome:

• Like 2

PS3-12

Ps4-9

PsV-5

Should they:

I'd say do it for the Vita because she has less games.

Edited by HcG Clawz

No one suggesting Need for Speed PP? I don't want to organize this PP, only want to drop a suggestion :P

Games:

Need for Speed (PS4)

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PSVita)

Need for Speed: Rivals (PS3)

Need for Speed: Rivals (PS4)

Need for Speed: Shift (PS3)

Need for Speed: The Run (PS3)

Need for Speed: Undercover (PS3)

Because we all know Vita has NO games :awesome:

Also, "she", not it :awesome:

And they don't support Vita anyway :awesome: 

Alright alright.. i changed it.

No one suggesting Need for Speed PP? I don't want to organize this PP, only want to drop a suggestion :P

Games:

Need for Speed (PS4)

This has been suggested multiple times, but no offered to do it so far ^^

Games:

Need for Speed (PS4)

I think it's been suggested before, but i guess nobody wants to host it :D

Because we all know Vita has NO games :awesome:

Also, "she", not it :awesome:

They should go to the Vita-tan so people are forced to purchase it, BUHEHEHE :awesome:

You refer to Vita-tan as "it" too though...

Anyway, I also agree with option one to give each system a more even spread of games.

This has been suggested multiple times, but no offered to do it so far ^^

I think it's been suggested before, but i guess nobody wants to host it :D

Currently I don't have time to host this PP due my study. Also first I have to complete some of Need for Speed games (it's on my backlog) before considering to host NFS PP.. :P

We should put a "suggested, but nobody gives a shit" section on the first page... Not that the people suggesting on page 52 will read it.

On a more serious note, should i? Should i compile a list of available franchise on the OP so people can choose from the list? Originally i didn't like this idea (Skyes suggested doing a list like this) but if it stops people from suggesting the same franchises over and over again, maybe i should make it.

On a more serious note, should i? Should i compile a list of available franchise on the OP so people can choose from the list? Originally i didn't like this idea (Skyes suggested doing a list like this) but if it stops people from suggesting the same franchises over and over again, maybe i should make it.

Lol, I don't know. It's not a terrible idea, but I'm not sure people will take the time to read the first page before dropping a suggestion. We've had people actually suggest series that are already in line for a release, or that are in the reserved section. It might slightly lower the amount of suggestions, but I don't think anything is going to actually stop it completely.

Yeah think it would be good, as you said would stop people from suggesting the same thing multiple times........wait what I'm saying no one reads the OP anyway :P..... Nah but seriously should add that section though dood

For now i have listed the 2 most popular ones. More to be added.

Those were the two that immediately popped into my head as well. I went back and read from about page 40 onwards. Blitz made a list of like 8 threads on page 49 that you could look at for more. Might want to put things like Sly and Infamous there as well, and then have a 'Not eligible yet' tag next to them.
  • Like 1

So, let's say I would some day wish to make a Project Platinum for crime-solving games (ones that don't fit my Point-and-Click one or any of the other PPs already reserved). Would that be okay or would it be too close to just being a "genre" project?

It depends on which games you use i guess. But Crime-solving isn't a big genre like "Racing or FPS", those are the genre PPs i'm implying with that rule. I don't want one PP spanning over dozens of games.

Edited by Zone Hunter

It depends on which games you use i guess. But Crime-solving isn't a big genre like "Racing or FPS", those are the genre PPs i'm implying with that rule. I don't want one PP spanning over dozens of games.

Well, I'd have to think about the games a bit more, but the first ones I can instantly think of include games like Heavy Rain, Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Wolf Among Us, Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The Mysteries of Little Riddle, etc. Of course, I can also scrap that idea in favour of doing/letting someone else do PPs for interactive drama (Heavy Rain, etc) or episodic choice-based games (The Wolf Among Us, etc), etc.

Another one I thought of was for first person puzzle games (with gimmicks? Though that tends to have some negative connotation to it) like Portal 2, Ether One, The Talos Principle, Magrunner: Dark Pulse, Q.U.B.E, Pneuma, etc.

Nope, i'll add it to the OP. 

EDIT: Just to make sure, are they all still obtainable? 

Good point, thinking about it now i dont think Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 is still available because of the facebook trophy, but you can ask around to confirm it. As far as im aware all the others are still plattable. If 2012 is still plattable there are 12 Cabela platinums if you incluse both the PS3 and 4 versions of Cabela's African Adventures.

Edited by BEANO_BRFC