LBP Marvel Edition compatible with regular LBP save file?

NekoSlash

I currently have a retail version of the regular LittleBigPlanet, and I plan to purchase the Marvel Edition for 6€ on the PSN.

Do you know if my current save will work with the Marvel Edition?

The answer may be obvious, but since the day I've seen my save of retail Motorstorm Apocalypse can't be used with the PSN version, I'm becoming suspicious on how Sony manages the save file compatibility between the retail version and the downloadable version of a same game.

• 9 months later...

I currently have a retail version of the regular LittleBigPlanet, and I plan to purchase the Marvel Edition for 6€ on the PSN.

Do you know if my current save will work with the Marvel Edition?

The answer may be obvious, but since the day I've seen my save of retail Motorstorm Apocalypse can't be used with the PSN version, I'm becoming suspicious on how Sony manages the save file compatibility between the retail version and the downloadable version of a same game.

I was wondering the same thing... do you know the answer now or did you never try it?

Honestly I'm not sure, I share your ethos of being wary though. So many times different versions aren't compatible with each other.

But If it's cheap enough you may as well bite the bullet and hope for the best. Even if the save doesn't work you could at least use the Marvel card for the DLC and the standard one for the main game?

Edited by dell9300

• 10 months later...
On 7/13/2016 at 2:02 PM, NekoSlash said:

It works. I've taken the risk and, indeed, the Marvel Edition accepts the save of the regular LBPV.

How did you get it to work? The Marvel Edition does share the same trophy list. It does not use the save from my regular LBP vita. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/06/2017 at 0:49 AM, Rowdi said:

How did you get it to work? The Marvel Edition does share the same trophy list. It does not use the save from my regular LBP vita. 

I've done nothing special. When running the Marvel Edition I found my pod the same way I decorated it in the regular version, as well as my profile, stats, etc.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently working through LBPV as well and want to 100% it.  I just want to clarify before I get the Marvel Edition to accomplish said goal.  

I have the US physical copy of LBPV, so if I get the physical copy of LBPV Marvel Edition my save with transfer over so I can 100% the DLC?  Or would I need to get the digital copy for my save to transfer (as demonoid321 posted the physical save didn't transfer for them)?  Also, if the digital copy is what is required how can I access the U.K. store to purchase it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MisterMystro said:

I'm currently working through LBPV as well and want to 100% it.  I just want to clarify before I get the Marvel Edition to accomplish said goal.  

I have the US physical copy of LBPV, so if I get the physical copy of LBPV Marvel Edition my save with transfer over so I can 100% the DLC?  Or would I need to get the digital copy for my save to transfer (as demonoid321 posted the physical save didn't transfer for them)?  Also, if the digital copy is what is required how can I access the U.K. store to purchase it?

I think it's a new save. I had the North American digital version of LBP vita and imported the physical Marvel version from U.K. after I platinumed the game. I suggest you get the plat in LBP vita before getting the Marvel version. All the trophies are standalone so it doesn't really matter that you're starting on a new save file.

Basically there's only one trophy list for the whole game. It doesn't matter if you combine digital and physical. The trophy list stays the same. The only difference is that the Marvel version has a different save file attached to it.

Edited by DoucetDudes
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...