Question about region locked DLC

NotAFoxAnymore

Not quite correct. The general rule is the DLC and game region must match, otherwise the game won't recognise the DLC.

Seriously I thought I really didn't matter where dlc is obtained. I know the DLC codes must be redeemed to their regions PSN.

Guess I was wrong them, you learn something new everyday.

So today I recieved Battlefield 4, but noticed it was an Australian version of the game. Although I'm pretty sure Australia shares the same region code as EU (PAL) so in light of this, will DLC purchased from the uk store still work with the game?

Is there any free dlc for the game that you could test it with? I know in the us store the Night Operations DLC is free.

Maybe return it and buy the game again (making sure it's a UK copy) to be safe?

That game's so old it's got to be bargain bin prices in CEX and GAME and the like...

It's around £10-£15. I could do but if the hassle can be avoided I'd prefer it

I thought the DLC was free for both systems?

It is, but I don't own a PS4 yet

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For the record DLC packs always work the same way and it's the Product ID that dictates whether they're compatible. Eg. BF4 EU/AU release is CUSA-00049 and any DLC pack will always work with the title no matter you bought from UK, AU or Scandinavia store. Likewise DLC bought from USA or Hong Kong will never be compatible because it's for Product ID CUSA-00110 and PLAS-07002LE, respectively.

The zones have nothing to do with PS game titles and DLC for them, they're regions for Blu-Ray video.