Rock Band 4 is listed 2 times

Mishatje

Rock Band 4 is listed 2 times under games. It's listed as game number 3934 and 3935. 

3935 has only 400+ owners while 3934 has over 1400 owners. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3934-Rock-Band-4

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3935-Rock-Band-4

The first list is for the NA version and the second list is for the EU version (I think). It's not all that uncommon for games to have different lists for different regions.

Because there are 2 different trophy lists, same way as Sound Shapes is listed 6 times.

Of the 2 lists you linked, the first one seems to be NA, the other EU.

You edited your post after I posted and now it looks like I said the same thing as you o.o

Edited by Urushiro
  • Like 1

With things like Rock Band, that are sound track based, a lot of songs will sometimes not make it to international shores, thus leading to differing versions in different countries. Though this generally doesn't affect the trophy lists, I don't know.

Edit: Sorry for basically saying what the above comment said, I had this thing minimized for a few minutes and missed it.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

This often happens with games that have different publishers in different regions or countries etc. It's also totally up to the publisher/developer if they want to have one trophy list for each version/console or not. When you see games that don't have a trophy list for each version/console, you should know they most likely chose to do it that way. As for if they have platinum or not, if I'm not entirely mistaken, Sony has some rather specific requirements for this.

You'll find that this is the case for hundreds of games at this point. It's something that's highly annoying because developers and ultimately Sony seemingly can't at all organize their trophy lists. The result is a really lazy solution of adding another list, instead of just adding a region or console to the existing list (which can definitely be done). It's annoying but I don't really see Sony doing anything about it anytime soon, lol

Thank you all for replying to this topic. I don't use PSNProfiles THAT much that I should know that more games are listed more than 2 times. But I guess it's due to the fact that RB4 has a EU and NA version. It's a shame it is listed twice now because the rarity of a trophy is now kinda wrong. My platinum is less rare on the EU version if you compare it to the NA version.  

Thank you all for replying to this topic. I don't use PSNProfiles THAT much that I should know that more games are listed more than 2 times. But I guess it's due to the fact that RB4 has a EU and NA version. It's a shame it is listed twice now because the rarity of a trophy is now kinda wrong. My platinum is less rare on the EU version if you compare it to the NA version.  

It's not wrong per se. It's just EU obviously has less owners.

There can be up to 5 different region lists: North America, Europe, Asia, Germany, Australia.

The first 2 are the more common.

That said, each list could be present on both PS3, PS4 and PSVita.

It's a jungle out there.

A good example of a mess is Sound Shapes with 4 trophy lists for PS4, 1 for PS3 and 1 for PSVita.

Another one is Armored Core with 4 trophy lists for PS3.

Chariot seems to be a mess too with 2 trophy lists for SP4, 1 for PS3 and an additional hybrid trophy list for both PS3 AND PS4.

And so on. Have fun lurking this section https://psnprofiles.com/games

Edited by DocDoomII

Each store can have their own list if they want to, all it requires is a different publishing cycle. If the same people go through publishing and marketing across many regions, they are highly unlike to make different versions for it, therefore using always the same list.

The Binding Of Isaac had 2 teams operating the marketing for the game, one US and another EU. Most of you can remember the mess they had with patching the EU version because of this 'broken' way to handle it. I'm guessing that the game can still get more lists for those asian countries if the game wasn't yet released there.

Edited by TheYuriG