Creating a Signature

SereneSilent

While going through forums I was looking at everyone's signatures and noticed some people had custom made ones. To all those people who have customized their, I will say that it has inspired me to create one.

So my question is: What programs do you use and recommendations for a beginner?

Depending on where you live in the US (I'm guessing you live in the us because of your psn location), your local library might have a subscription to Lynda. If they do, they have tons of tutorials on the different editing software like photoshop. That's pretty much how I learned the basics.

Edited by Jibril

I will say that it has inspired me to create one.

Likewise. I'm always seeing those amazing signatures by people such as Floriiss, Alexi-Sama, Ramonachan and DEMON (just to name a few). I was curious and so started following a bunch of GIMP tutorials this morning and this was the end result

Nightmare_zpsxn1omiuy.png

Apart from the remaining white pixels surrounding Nightmare, I was pretty happy with my basic first attempt

Edited by Aela

Likewise. I'm always seeing those amazing signatures by people such as Floriiss, Alexi-Sama, Ramonachan and DEMON (just to name a few). I was curious and so started following a bunch of GIMP tutorials this morning and this was the end result

Apart from the remaining white pixels surrounding Nightmare, I was pretty happy with my basic first attempt

Did you render it yourself? That must've taken some work :P 

Nightmare_zpsxn1omiuy.png

lmfao fooled me. I thought the little white spots were energy particles or something that were supposed to be there. :facepalm:

-------------------------

OT to avoid potential spam.

@OP

Gimp seems fairly simple to use honestly. I downloaded it and tried it out but even using tutorials I just never got the hang of it. I suppose I don't have as much patience for it as I do with other things. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

I just used the fuzzy select tool

I could have then went around with the eraser... but, yeah. I just wanted to see how things would turn out

If it was on a white background you could have used the magic wand tool, although it doesn't always work they way you want it too. But when it does work the render looks perfect and it's very fast too. At least that's how i do it :P To get pinpoint precision you could've used the pen tool but it takes so freaking long! 

Edited by Zone Hunter

If it was on a white background you could have used the magic wand tool, although it doesn't always work they way you want it too. But when it does work the render looks perfect and it's very fast too. At least that's how i do it :P To get pinpoint precision you could've used the pen tool but it takes so freaking long! 

It did have a white background, and the fuzzy select tool is the GIMP version of the magic wand

Yes. I mentioned I could have then went around the image, getting rid of the white pixels with the eraser... which would take a while

• Like 1

Likewise. I'm always seeing those amazing signatures by people such as Floriiss, Alexi-Sama, Ramonachan and DEMON (just to name a few). 

Thanks, I enjoy the praise.

As for making a sig there are a shit ton of tutorials on youtube and you can check this thread out. It has some very useful info/guides. 

I think I'll do something productive and update that thread a bit.

There's GIMP and there is a free version of Photoshop on Adobe's website, CS2, but it kind of requires you to have a license of it before hand, so download at your own risk, I know plenty have downloaded it though and haven't really recieved any warnings from Adobe or whatever.

I started with 7, it's super outdated now though.  Used CS3, and now I'm using CS5.  I have used GIMP for a while, but it's a bit harder to understand than PS and you will really need to modify it to get it working good, so it's probably not as good as Photoshop for beginners, I found it required a bit of background with image editors to understand and it does not have as many resources either as PS does.  But if you just want something for free, to test out signature making, GIMP is probably your best bet.