Most unsporting

Just start fighting in the streets. Of course it's better if you have some enemies when you start it but make sure to draw attention. Just keep countering attacks and try to be fast pressing triangle every time it appears above your head to get those counter shots. Any pistol will do as a counter shot will be kind of a one shot one kill thing and you don't get too many counter shot chances too fast so doesn't really matter which gun you use.

Best place I found for this is Hightower coal child labour mission go to the side with the step go in there are 2 guards shoot in the air run out down the stairs and forward then go into sneak when the guards stop till all the guards just line up stopped and go into the taunt animation which ends in them pulling a gun on you.

With this you get between 8 and 10 kills a go

Also if you are like me I had a ton of shots that qualify already without knowing

There's a perk tied to it, so if you've done it correctly, you'll see your progress. Snipers are good, just aggro them and wait for them to shoot at you and when the triangle appears above your head to counter-shoot them, do it. You have to KILL them though, just counter-shooting won't count, you've gotta counter-shoot and kill them, so each person will require 1-3 counter-shots.

My character never counter-shoots when I hit triangle, just avoids the enemy's bullet matrix style. Do you have to hit triangle twice or somehting? I think I haven't seen a single counter-shot done by my character, and I'm nearly at the end of the game :/ This is going to be grindy as hell for me, isn't it...?

I think the perk only works if you do it twice under 10seconds, so It really don't keep track very well least in my opinion especially if the enemy just stands there taunting most times waiting for him/her to shoot at you again.

Best place I found for this is Hightower coal child labour mission go to the side with the step go in there are 2 guards shoot in the air run out down the stairs and forward then go into sneak when the guards stop till all the guards just line up stopped and go into the taunt animation which ends in them pulling a gun on you.

With this you get between 8 and 10 kills a go

Also if you are like me I had a ton of shots that qualify already without knowing

Thanks for this tip. Good spot ;)