PS3 Update 4.21 (Optional)

HeySumbode

improves system stability.

I always wonder what the crap this means, because it's not like I ever notice less crashes after one of these updates. Still, I do appreciate them making this type of update optional.

Edited by Pienummer1

After seeing this thread I DL'd the update, and two things I've noticed. I installed a TB HDD about a month ago and when navigating the XMB menu it would often pause. Well it seems this update corrected that. On the negative side after exiting a PSN title my system completely locked up, enough where I had to toggle the main power button ( which has never happened to me before).

These updates never change anything for me. Neither one of my PS3's have ever had any problems locking up or being sluggish, but it is good to hear they do help some people. Buy just because you had a few crashes after an update doesn't mean it was the update that caused it.

Parker

These updates never change anything for me. Neither one of my PS3's have ever had any problems locking up or being sluggish, but it is good to hear they do help some people. Buy just because you had a few crashes after an update doesn't mean it was the update that caused it.

i personally think like most updates since 3.41 this was to do with jailbreak

4.21 stopped people with a hacked console from logging in and using psn.

i dont mind updates but it would be good if they did actually fix real ps3 problems aswell as stop hackers