Are you sure this plat is still obtainable?

EternalChaos72

So i tried inviting my boosting partner to go for the AWP trophy and it says on both our ends 'game session no longer exists returning to singleplayer' and this was only for deathmatch, can you imagine going for the rest of the modes? This is ridiculous, we must of been trying for a good hour to join the lobby but to no avail. Our connections is fine. 

Edited by EternalChaos72

A lot of old games or unpopular games that have multiplayer trophies drive me up the wall.

GTA IV, LittleBigPlanet Vita, Asphalt Injection, Army of Two and Smackdown vs Raw are a few personal examples of games that are 90x harder because of the lack of players or server support.

• Like 2

all your answers are here if you like...

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-iv/260009-gta-iv-magnificent-multiplayer-mega-guide.html

for your case you just need to sign out/in from within game...it is in fact a connection issue..."game session no longer exists" or "you have been kicked from the session" are error messages indicating this...iv servers are old...not like other games...

• Like 1

all your answers are here if you like...

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-iv/260009-gta-iv-magnificent-multiplayer-mega-guide.html

for your case you just need to sign out/in from within game...it is in fact a connection issue..."game session no longer exists" or "you have been kicked from the session" are error messages indicating this...iv servers are old...not like other games...

*sigh* if im getting connection errors now maybe i won't even start the AWP trophy and just leave this game be :( 

There's one bloke from here who's going for it who I've played a few games with, I'd like to help him more but we're never on at the same time, anyway, he reckons he's straight up done everything needed for AWP and hasn't gotten a thing. I sat there with him for a good 2 or 3 hours one time and just let him win race after race after race and I'm inclined to believe him.

I have all the trophies myself and have no desire to put myself through the grind to get them again, but I'm not sure these trophies are working, at least not for everyone.

I've just completed boosting for "Wanted" a few weeks ago. The same thing was happening for me for a while. As ProfBamBam says, You just need to sign out and back into PSN from within the game.

Basically, GTA4 was released when you could only have 50 friends on psn. Now you can have more friends on psn, but GTA4 will only recognise a random 50 people on your friends list from within the game. Whoever is getting the connection errors (in my case it was me), just needs to sign back in, and a new selection of 50 friends will show up. Once your friends ID is showing up in game, you will be able to connect as much as you like, until you sign out of psn again :)

...As for AWP complications, I'm not to sure on those, as I was lucky enough to finish that off before Gamespy shutdown. I'm planning on attempting it for a friend soon, so will let everyone know how that goes!

...As for AWP complications, I'm not to sure on those, as I was lucky enough to finish that off before Gamespy shutdown. I'm planning on attempting it for a friend soon, so will let everyone know how that goes!

I did it all my wins after Gamespy shut down and didn't run into any problems. I boosted about half of the events and did the rest with random people.

I kept track of my wins using a spreadsheet and only ticked off an event if:

Nobody quit/disconnected during the event

Everybody successfully crossed the finish line before time ran out

The win was unambiguous (for example appearing to cross the finish line second but still be credited for a win)

There was no noticable lag during the event

Not taking into account at least one of those things is probably the reason people aren't getting it after seemingly winning everything, so I didn't want to take any chances.

all you need to know about AWP is mentioned in the link i provided earlier...all steps to facilitate unlocking it are clearly laid out:

i'm almost certain it's the only place on the net where you'll find accurate info...not going to bother repeating what is already written there...if you follow all the steps i can guarantee it will ding without any problems...fortunately, it usually pops regardless of how you go about it 9.5 out of 10 times so most people don't need to worry about it...the Gamespy shutdown has had no effect on it unlocking other than removing leaderboard stats...it's always been a glitchy one...

There's one bloke from here who's going for it who I've played a few games with, I'd like to help him more but we're never on at the same time, anyway, he reckons he's straight up done everything needed for AWP and hasn't gotten a thing. I sat there with him for a good 2 or 3 hours one time and just let him win race after race after race and I'm inclined to believe him.

I have all the trophies myself and have no desire to put myself through the grind to get them again, but I'm not sure these trophies are working, at least not for everyone.

This is exactly what i'm worried about :(

No, the servers did not "age". I have never ever managed to play a single multiplayer session in this game for more than 5 minutes before being kicked out. And i first tried in 2008, and again in 2013. Both on PC and PS3.

Note that i can play virtually all my other games without major issues.

yes, they have in fact "aged" as in they are way out-of-date to the latest technology since they were created so long ago...you not ever being able to connect serves to prove this point...if you play any games for which the online was created 6 years ago, most of them are as reliable as the IV ones...not trying to start a topic about unreliable servers here...just saying that the age of the servers has in fact made a difference in getting connected with the IV online...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Can't you read? I wasn't already able to connect in friggin' 2008. It's the Rockstar games that have something weird. I played SoulCalibur IV (another 2008 title) without issues. And Burnout Paradise, too.

I sent a support ticket to Rockstar last nigt to see if they can do anything about this, but i don't see them doing anything but i thought i'd ask anyway.

haha...since were now on the topic of being able to read i maintain, as i did above, that i'm not trying to start a topic about unreliable servers as i find it has no bearing on what has been asked...if i remember correctly the OP wanted to know about issues getting connected, it was answered by "just sign out/in"...solid advice and works %99 percent of the time...people with really slow wireless or NAT type 3 internet may still have trouble connecting to their friends despite signing out/in...AWP can be glitchy...i provided a link which gives the best methods for unlocking it...if you follow the steps laid out in it you should be fine...chaos, your connection seemed good when we did co-op so i highly doubt you will be one of the unlucky ones...and yes, the platinum and all other trophies are still obtainable...all i have to add...hope it helps...apologies for getting off topic...

haha...since were now on the topic of being able to read i maintain, as i did above, that i'm not trying to start a topic about unreliable servers as i find it has no bearing on what has been asked...if i remember correctly the OP wanted to know about issues getting connected, it was answered by "just sign out/in"...solid advice and works %99 percent of the time...people with really slow wireless or NAT type 3 internet may still have trouble connecting to their friends despite signing out/in...AWP can be glitchy...i provided a link which gives the best methods for unlocking it...if you follow the steps laid out in it you should be fine...chaos, your connection seemed good when we did co-op so i highly doubt you will be one of the unlucky ones...and yes, the platinum and all other trophies are still obtainable...all i have to add...hope it helps...apologies for getting off topic...

Now that you mention it we had no problems at all, never even thought about that.

Thanks profbambam for this guide ou made everything easy now the hardest thing now is to find players i am not worried about races cz they require 2 players but teamplayer and team wins is hard just because of players i will plat the game but this game should have it's server closed tbh i am lucky that they're still on but it should and everyone should switch to next gen

So i tried inviting my boosting partner to go for the AWP trophy and it says on both our ends 'game session no longer exists returning to singleplayer' and this was only for deathmatch, can you imagine going for the rest of the modes? This is ridiculous, we must of been trying for a good hour to join the lobby but to no avail. Our connections is fine. 

Looks like you ended up getting the plat after all. Did you just keep trying or was there some trick involved?

Edited by ShadowStar83x