Yakuza 1 & 2 HD remakes being released?

Stevieboy

I've always wanted to try these games out but I didn't want to start with the third game in the series so if they released this collection I'd probably pick it up. The only problem I see is the gameplay I've watched reminds me of Shenmue and I'd rage because I want part 3 dammit!

Parker

Started playing Yakuza 3, but got pissed off because I just got off work and I wanted to play some games. Ended up playing for what felt like hours and I'm pretty sure most of it was reading text and watching cutscenes. I hear the story is good, but I just wanted to kick someone's ass. I'll definitely pick it back up again later.

I actually bought Yakuza 1 and 2 on PS2 before playing Yakuza 3, but the loading times in Yakuza 1 are annoying, it has to load every few feet. I'm hoping they fix that in the HD version, and trophies of course. Both are amazing games.

Started playing Yakuza 3, but got pissed off because I just got off work and I wanted to play some games. Ended up playing for what felt like hours and I'm pretty sure most of it was reading text and watching cutscenes. I hear the story is good, but I just wanted to kick someone's ass. I'll definitely pick it back up again later.

Yakuza 3 starts off hella slow, probably the slowest of the games I've played (all that were released to the West excluding Dead Souls, which I hope to play soon). It starts getting really good about halfway through, so I wouldn't avoid the Yakuza series just because of that, because a lot of them are way more action packed with not as much filler. The stories are all amazing too.

• Like 1

Yakuza 3 is one of my favourite games this gen and while I admit the storyline can be a bit slow and involve a lot of cut-scenes and text reading, I still enjoyed it immensely. As for just wanting to kick someone's ass, the majority of the side-missions involved fighting a bunch of people or even just wandering the streets would get you in a scrap as there was always someone waiting to "challenge" the great Kazuma :P. I also just loved the sheer amount of mini-games there was on offer too. Haven't got round to playing Yakuza 4 yet (it's on my to-play list :))

Edited by Stevieboy