Settlement Glitch

hedgepig103

Yes, it happened randomly throughout my playthrough and everything except the happiness would go back to normal if I fast traveled there. Honestly if you're going for the max happiness trophy it's best if you just never leave the settlement, or else that glitch will happen and ruin your happiness. It happened to me once when I was at 98 happiness then it dropped to 80.

Yes, it happened randomly throughout my playthrough and everything except the happiness would go back to normal if I fast traveled there. Honestly if you're going for the max happiness trophy it's best if you just never leave the settlement, or else that glitch will happen and ruin your happiness. It happened to me once when I was at 98 happiness then it dropped to 80.

What size settlement did you have? I've got 19 settlers and 85 happiness

Yeah, it started happening to me recently. I pretty much have only two settlements I care about, Sanctuary and the gas station nearby. I was exploring the wasteland one time when I noticed that my happiness in Sanctuary had dropped by 30 (out of 85) points so I looked at the stats and for some reason I only had 2 beds as opposed to 19, which is the actual number. Same thing is happening at the other settlement as well. I noticed that if I leave Sanctuary first instead of fast traveling straight from there prevents this from happening. I'm not sure it's 100% safe, but it seems to be working for me so far. They definitely need to patch this... and a shit ton of other stuff ;)

Edited by ShadowReplicant

The stats shown in the Pip-Boy for me, are only correct half the time. It will tell me I have 33 people and 60% Happiness. 

When I go back I have correct stats, 17ppl, 85%... I've not had it actually affect the settlement negatively.

A different glitch, that's just annoying - I fast travel back, and everyone is on the roof of the workshop...

I had to put stairs up.  -_-

• Like 3

Yup had the glitch constantly. I ended up just sitting around in my settlement for 3 hours irl time for my happiness to hit 100.

The stats shown in the Pip-Boy for me, are only correct half the time. It will tell me I have 33 people and 60% Happiness. 

When I go back I have correct stats, 17ppl, 85%... I've not had it actually affect the settlement negatively.

A different glitch, that's just annoying - I fast travel back, and everyone is on the roof of the workshop...

I had to put stairs up.  -_-

The whole stairs thing made me lmao for some reason. :D

The Benevolent Leader trophy is literally going to be the death of me due to how long I've been stuck at 96% happiness. -_- I have 21 settlers, 16 shops, 24 food, 40 water, over 100 in defense.....not to mention my place could be mistaken for an art gallery with how many paintings I have on every piece of wall. xD The place is lit up and decorated to the point it's just clutter. @.@ I really want to move on from this trophy so I can get my platinum.

Any tips are appreciated. ^.^

The Benevolent Leader trophy is literally going to be the death of me due to how long I've been stuck at 96% happiness. -_- I have 21 settlers, 16 shops, 24 food, 40 water, over 100 in defense.....not to mention my place could be mistaken for an art gallery with how many paintings I have on every piece of wall. xD The place is lit up and decorated to the point it's just clutter. @.@ I really want to move on from this trophy so I can get my platinum.

Any tips are appreciated. ^.^

Make sure your settlers are still assigned to the shops. They'd randomly stop doing their job and start farming food for me. Especially if you have a companion doing work for you in the settlement. They'd literally only stay assigned to the shop for like 10 minutes before stopping.

It took me 18 shops for it to finally get to 100. All I did was use a bed for 24 hours, make sure the settlers are still assigned to the shops, then go rest another 24 hours until finally it got to 100. I also never left the settlement at all because if I did the happiness would drop dramatically.

Is there are certain amount of settlers you need for it to be considered large? I have 15 people and I'm not sure how to get more currently, even have two beacons set up trying to attract them.

I read somewhere that having a higher charisma allows you to get more settlers. Something like your charisma plus 10 is the amount of settlers you can have.

Edited by BhekifaZ

I'm at 22 people, 24 food, 29 water, 29 power, 250 defense, 24 beds. But I'm stuck at 97 happiness. I have 4 people farming and 17 people in tier 3 stalls. 4 general, 4 medic, 4 clothes, 4 bar, 1 armor and 1 weapons. All my beds are under roofs and i have put around 30 lights sources around the place. I have 0 supply lines for this settlement, it's all self sustaining.

Is there any reason why i'm stuck at 97 happiness. I actually go up to 98 then drop to 97.

Edited by ez1ollie

Yes I've also read that, although my charisma is currently at 10 and it hasn't changed my amount of settlers at all. Hopefully I can manage to earn the trophy with what I have at some point.

You can assign people from other settlements to move over to where you want. Instead of pressing [x] when assigning them to tasks, press [square] and you will get a menu where you can choose which settlement to send them to.

The number of maximum people is charisma x 2 + charisma clothing etc. I had 10 charisma + clothing worth 4 charisma while doing this, so I had 24 people in my settlement. Clothing you can use is typically: sunglasses, suites, hats, wigs etc. Just check the specs on them, it says CHA 2 etc.

Also check this thread: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/32568-settlement-improvements-benevolent-leader/

Do the general stores add 1 happiness each time you build one? Because I'm currently at maximum 87% happiness and I've already got a few stalls down, would putting another 13 down make it go to 100% or is that not how it works?

It doesn't necessarily add "1", but it def helps the more you build. I tried with 12, went up to 98 over hours of waiting (left it on over night) then started dropping, added 6 more then got to 100.

• 3 weeks later...