Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Satoshi Ookami

Atlus has heap of work with Vanillaware so I would presume this is SEGA's own idea =D

I don't mean that this was Atlus idea, what I meant is that since SEGA bought Atlus has Atlus taught them stuff that the public enjoy, because sometimes Big Companies have to be reminded of simple things just like Square Enix who appearntly thought people weren't into traditonal JRPG gameplay until the success of Bravely Default.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the remaster is actually being localized for the west? I've been doing some digging and all I can see is a release date for Japan, February 10 2016 (which is actually really close!). No mention of a release date for the west or a localization at all.

There has been no announcement for a localisation yet. I'm not sure if they are even going to since it's SEGA.

It was my first PS3 game, love it to death! Great characters and a wide range of them too! Great story and gameplay, how could I not love it to death!? Maybe if this sells well they might even reconsider remastering Valkyria Chronicles 2? It was also a great game though it's shame it came out on the PSP... -_-

Does anyone know if the remaster is actually being localized for the west? I've been doing some digging and all I can see is a release date for Japan, February 10 2016 (which is actually really close!). No mention of a release date for the west or a localization at all.

No confirmation as of yet, but there's literally no way they wouldn't bring it if they brought the PS3 one and even released VC for PC.

No confirmation as of yet, but there's literally no way they wouldn't bring it if they brought the PS3 one and even released VC for PC.

I suppose you are right, never really thought about that. Would be great to play it again on the PS4 but as of yet, I'm not getting my hopes up for a western release anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

It's now looking very likely that we'll be seeing a western release for this game. YESSSS!!!

Here's hoping that we get the full physical release, but I'll take what I can get with Sega.  :P

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/sega-teases-valkyria-chronicles-remaster-western-release

Well, what did I say? :awesome:

It's Valkyria Chronicles, people! =D

Also... that reminds me... I should steal it for J-gems :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

It's now looking very likely that we'll be seeing a western release for this game. YESSSS!!!

Here's hoping that we get the full physical release, but I'll take what I can get with Sega.  :P

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/sega-teases-valkyria-chronicles-remaster-western-release

Fantastic news! Hopefully it will be available as a physical release. Can't wait to play this gem again!  :D

• 2 months later...

IT HAS COME! IT HAS COME, PEOPLE!

One of very acclaimed non-trophy games on PS3 has been announced for PS4 remaster!

Courtesy of Famitsu.

Valkyria-Azure-Rev-Ann_002.jpg

But that's not all! The leak from before was also confirmed, new entry in Valkyria Chronicles, called Valkyrie Azure is announced as well.

Valkyria-Azure-Rev-Ann_001.jpg

Source: http://gematsu.com/2015/11/valkyria-azure-revolution-valkyria-chronicles-remaster-announced-for-ps4

Release date according to BestBuy is 5/17/2016 (US). Add it to the OP!!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/valkyria-chronicles-remastered-playstation-4/4991702.p?id=bb4991702&skuId=4991702&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=50f37e6a-b2f4-40c9-8ad7-00001739856d&ksprof_id=15&ksaffcode=pg1357&ksdevice=m&ref=212&loc=1

Edited by Beyondthegrave07