Cycler rifle

Hunt4Platinum

They completely ruined the Cycler Rifle. It was so much fun to use in the beta. Now it's easilly the worst weapon in the game. The bullet doesnt fly straight, it's slow and cant be called a longrange sniper rifle. I ended up getting my headshots by flanking people from behind and shooting when they stood still. Shame really. Everything that I feared  were nerfed and now it's fucked. Prime examble is the Walker Assault on Rebel side. Rebels win every fucking time. It's too easy to win and in Forest Moon of Endor it's impossible to win as an imperial if the server is full because Rebels will always be able to destroy just one walker. It was good in the beta, but fucking casuals dont know shit. Bitches probably played an hour and couldnt win so they went to cry to EA. I played for 25 hours so I actually know what I'm talking about. It was already easy to win as Rebels in the beta with good air support. Patch pl0x.

• Like 2

Everytime i play the Imperials on Walker Assualt I will always run to get into a tie fighter or other vehicle. Once i destroy the opposing teams vehicles i begin to strafe at ground targets. Pretty soon, my teammates begin doing the same when they realize what im doing and i rarely lose. For the exception of Endor. I hate everything about every map on Endor. As far as the cycler rifle. I think a better fix than nerfing the actual gun would be to give it a bigger cdr.

Ya I prematurely upgraded the cycler rifle as soon as I unlocked it thinking id finally have the long range option i wanted only to see the bullet just fall straight to the floor. -_- for the trophy, just play Walker assault. I always got head shots when rebels stood still to take down AT-ATs or imperials when they stood still to fire at rebels who were firing at AT-ATs.

I hope they fix it soon, cause it's almost unplayable atm. I got my headshots by quickscoping in dropzone. At longrange it sucks allot for a longrange weapon..

This game had so much potential, but hmm I can't say it's not fun, but it could have been so good. They just had to remake battlefront 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a short trophy / weapon guide about the Cycler Rifle:

It's not completely broken, but yeah, it was more fun to use during the beta.

Especially the highly increased bullet drop is what makes it hard to use for most people.

If you're going for the headshots, using the Scan Pulse to reveal enemy locations was a great help for me.

Maybe it's a valuable tip for others as well? goth_lieb.gif

ceno

You could partner up with a friend who already got the Cycler Rifle. If they put it in their "first hand", you can use it as well without the need of unlocking it first. You'd still have to get the 10 headshots yourself, though but it saves you the time for leveling to rank 28.

ceno

There is no reason to boost this up. It takes a while (5-6 matches if you're not good like me) but it can be done in less than a couple hours.

The way I did it was to play a lot of Blast, in the camping maps (like the ones that have high grounds, I think Jakku is one of them). You approach the camping squeakers, and blow their brains out. I always use the Scout trait btw.

It's totally BS I know, that a long-range rifle has to be used two feet away for a sure kill.