2nd Annual PSNProfiles Guide of the Year Awards - Nomination Thread

Platisfaction

First of all: Thanks to everyone who nominated the Bloodborne Guide Saltyie and me put together. However, one of the features of our site is that we allow more than one official guide per game. I'd like to take this opportunity to nominate littlelostkiwi's Bloodborne Guide. The guide is incredibly well written and detailed and from what I have seen it is at least as good as the guide Saltyie and I put together. We just ,managed to finish our work a day or two earlier, that is why our guide is more popular. Long story short: I'd like to nominate littlelostkiwi's Bloodborne guide because it's an amazingly detailed guide which provides everything you need for this game.

Edited by Platisfaction

I'm going to nominate the Final Fantasy XIII: Lightening Returns - Quest Guide. It's very rare to see a guide that is so detailed, well-organised and properly formatted. I think damon8r351 did an absolutely amazing job on this guide!

First of all: Thanks to everyone who nominated the Bloodborne Guide Saltyie and me put together. However, one of the features of our site is that we allow more than one official guide per game. I'd like to take this opportunity to nominate littlelostkiwi's Bloodborne Guide. The guide is incredibly well written and detailed and from what I have seen it is at least as good as the guide Saltyie and I put together. We just ,managed to finish our work a day or two earlier, that is why our guide is more popular. Long story short: I'd like to nominate littlelostkiwi's Bloodborne guide because it's an amazingly detailed guide which provides everything you need for this game.

If people blame the guide team of corruption and collusion after the results come out, I'll be sure to blame you guys UKtV8oW.png lol

We had staff nominations last year as well. :dunno: The nominated guide would still have to make it into the top ten to be even considered so I think that's fair.

Wait a second... :hmm: I thought that the number of nominations didn't matter... but the rules also say that the top 10 most nominated guides will be the ones eligible. It might be because I've been up all night, but I'm confused right now...

55511256.jpg

Here are the rules again:

• The nomination thread will be open for two weeks. You can nominate any guide you want except your own. However, you are required to give solid reasons for your choice. Do not vote for a guide solely because you like the game (or worse: the author of the guide) but because of its outstanding quality While there are plenty amazing guides to choose from you can only nominate one guide, so think this through.  :P
  • After 15 December, PSNP staff will choose the three winners from the top ten most nominated guides. The total number of nominations is irrelevant for our decision. The guide which got the most nominations is not necessarily going to win - the only thing that counts is guide quality! "Why is the guide team involved in the nomination process?", you might ask. Well, click the link and find out.  :lol:
  • Since staff will be deciding the winners, their guides will not be eligible! Co-op guides with staff members will be eligible, the non-staff writer will get the whole prize in this case.
  • PSNProfiles will provide additional prizes for all guide contributors so long as they contributed a meaningful amount to the guide. We track all edits so this will be checked.

Wait a second... :hmm: I thought that the number of nominations didn't matter... but the rules also say that the top 10 most nominated guides will be the ones eligible. It might be because I've been up all night, but I'm confused right now...

Well, staff will pick the three winners from the top ten most nominated guides. Let's say the first guide on this list got 7 nominations and the 10th guide got only 2 - this doesn't automatically mean that the guide with 7 nominations will win a prize, it has the same chances as the other nine guides. Hope that helps. xD

• Like 1

Well, staff will pick the three winners from the top ten most nominated guides. Let's say the first guide on this list got 7 nominations and the 10th guide got only 2 - this doesn't automatically mean that the guide with 7 nominations will win a prize, it has the same chances as the other nine guides. Hope that helps. xD

I think I get it... but there's currently a 16 way tie for 10th place. As it stands now, every guide that's been nominated is in the top 10 :D

I think I get it... but there's currently a 16 way tie for 10th place. As it stands now, every guide that's been nominated is in the top 10 :D

Yeah I noticed that, I'm still hoping this problem will solve itself during the last couple of voting days - if it doesn't we'll have plenty of guides to choose from. xD

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed that, I'm still hoping this problem will solve itself during the last couple of voting days - if it doesn't we'll have plenty of guides to choose from. xD

Helping hand is coming =D

I would like to change my nomination from Danganronpa 1 to Daganronpa 2 guide to ensure it will qualify for the next round :)

As far as I know votes can't be changed once they're added to the OP.

It's not in the first post yet, I still have a chance!

i mean, we only now clarified that the guide has to be in TOP 10 of nomination round and it won't be guide team selection of all eligible guides =D

Also, I'm giving you guys a solution to the TOP 10 for review, that should be a bonus point :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

2nd Annual PSNProfiles Guide of the Year Awards - Nomination Thread

Welcome to the Guide of the Year Awards nomination thread! In the next two weeks you will get the chance to nominate the best examples out of the 361 trophy guides which have been published between December 2 2014 and December 1 2015. I will update this thread every other day so you can keep track of the current standings.

Here are the rules again:

• The nomination thread will be open for two weeks. You can nominate any guide you want except your own. However, you are required to give solid reasons for your choice. Do not vote for a guide solely because you like the game (or worse: the author of the guide) but because of its outstanding quality While there are plenty amazing guides to choose from you can only nominate one guide, so think this through. :P
  • After 15 December, PSNP staff will choose the three winners from the top ten most nominated guides. The total number of nominations is irrelevant for our decision. The guide which got the most nominations is not necessarily going to win - the only thing that counts is guide quality! "Why is the guide team involved in the nomination process?", you might ask. Well, click the link and find out. :lol:
  • Since staff will be deciding the winners, their guides will not be eligible! Co-op guides with staff members will be eligible, the non-staff writer will get the whole prize in this case.
  • PSNProfiles will provide additional prizes for all guide contributors so long as they contributed a meaningful amount to the guide. We track all edits so this will be checked.

I don't know if it's just me, but if the number of nominations is irrelevant to your (the PSN Staff's) decision, then how would you pick the top ten most nominated decisions if said decisions are irrelevant?

From the way that I have read this, it seems like there is a loophole in this rule alone.

Edited by GarciaFever

I don't know if it's just me, but if the number of nominations is irrelevant to your (the PSN Staff's) decision, then how would you pick the top ten most nominated decisions if said decisions are irrelevant?

From the way that I have read this, it seems like there is a loophole in this rule alone.

Here, it's been solved on this page.

It means that our nomination round is something like qualification for the real tournament. To pass it, your overall amount of nominations have to be high enough to fall into TOP 10. From those TOP 10 guides, guide team will choose the winners. In other words, all guides will have their points nullified and start from the scratch.

• Like 1

I've finally gotten my internet back after moving, I forgot about the GuideOTY awards! 

Admittedly I haven't used a ton of guides this year, but my favourite has to be StrickenBiged's Bastion trophy guide. For a smaller title it's got some bastard hard levels that can get really frustrating, and I feel that the guide expertly lays out what strategies I should use, and I managed to complete 1 of the 4 dreams (albeit the easiest) using some of the methods posted. So there's my nomination ;)

Holy shit! I got a nomination!  :blink:

Thanks Saltyie. It means a lot just to be nominated. I'm glad you found the guide useful. 

P.S. Maybe PM me or make a comment on the guide if you used a different strategy for the other 3 Trips to Who Knows Where. If you found a better way to do those Trips I'll gladly add it to the guide. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

Keep on voting people, the thread closes tomorrow and I'd rather not go through 25 guides we need more nominations.

I feel like I got blinded, but after reading the OP 5 times I still can't find it.

Can you please quote the passage that forbids nomination changing? 

Maybe it's just I didn't understand the phrasing. 

It was in last year's nomination thread. Since the thread has been locked, I can't quote the post directly, so here's a copied quote:

Nah, that was exactly the right thing to do. Might add to the op that changing votes is not possible once the votes have been tallies... which is going to happen every other day....

Keep on voting people, the thread closes tomorrow and I'd rather not go through 25 guides we need more nominations.

It was in last year's nomination thread. Since the thread has been locked, I can't quote the post directly, so here's a copied quote:

Last year isn't this year, I should get a chance because of laziness :awesome: 

How about we do it like this? :D If no one else votes for 1 vote guide, Dangan 2 guide will move to TOP 10? :D

That way you guys won't have to go through 25 guides :awesome:

Tales of Vesperia Trophy Guide by TheGreatPapyrus 3

Mad props to TFE on the Tales guide.

He had to translate the whole game :highfive:

Bloodborne Trophy Guide by Saltyie and Platisfaction 3

Well written guide slayers of bloodborne :)

I've viewed this one quite a few times

Kick ass job every one :awesome:

Edited by Titanic Balls

Tales of Vesperia Trophy Guide by TheGreatPapyrus 3

Mad props to TFE on the Tales guide.

He had to translate the whole game :highfive:

Bloodborne Trophy Guide by Saltyie and Platisfaction 3

Well written guide slayers of bloodborne :)

I've viewed this one quite a few times

Kick ass job every one :awesome:

Thank you for nominating, unfortunately you can only nominate one guide, so you need to decide for one of them.