Is this game glitched or hard as hell

demonviper666

From what I've read, it's hard. Crazy, unfairly, hard. Beating the game on insane without reboots is near-impossible. To quote Noid from Playstation Trophies:

"The insane playthrough is fine. Beating a level on insane without dying is... well, doable. I might get it after some more trial and error.

Beating every level on insane without any reboots though... Fuck that.

The last level is going to be next to impossible. They change the controls for the last (and by far most difficult) level. Instant kills abound, and of course there's a big boss fight at the end. I'm talking inverted controls, they REMOVE your ability to jump... The shoot button moves... It's not going to be easy in the slightest. FAR from it.

If you're a completionist, STAY AWAY. VERY few people will ever 100% this.

And it's not even a fun game. Damn shame."

Edited by darkamdusias
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

A year later and still no ones completed it. It's rare that a game is impossible to complete out of sheer difficulty. Props to the person who 100% this. 

I'd not say it's just "difficulty" in this particular case. It's CHEAP, and incredibly so.

They remove your ability to jump, which is a huge detriment to your ability to dodge bullets and enemies. They plop a TON of enemies on the screen, and they swarm you; no way to pick them off one by one, and no reliable way to take out a group without killing yourself in the process. On top of all this and more I won't bother going into they don't even just invert your controls, they FUCK THEM. Shoot becomes some random button, directions swap, a bunch of nonsense, and by the time you MAY have gotten used to these backwards-ass controls, they change them AGAIN, and then BACK, and then RANDOM AGAIN!

They even do this nonsense during the final boss himself. You'll be running, dodging giant fuck off bombs, then all of a sudden OUT OF NOWHERE your controls will suddenly invert AS HE CONTINUES THE BARRAGE. You'll either run into a OHKO bomb, or run right off the edge of the map to your death.

I'll be surprised if anyone EVER 100%s this. As I've said before, it's not even FUN. If it were a fun game, like say, Cloudberry Kingdom, someone out there would do it eventually, maybe. But nobody is going to play this and say "yeah, I'm all about this game!". 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm fairly certain the "Insane Survivor" trophy is actually impossible to obtain, and I would go as far to say if anyone 100% the trophies this game the trophies should be flagged for cheating.

This is because of the last part of just the first level:
You are locked into a boss battle using only stationary turrets, but a few key gameplay decisions hamper the boss experience:
- Boss keeps moving.
- There is no defense to any barrages of projectiles.
- The boss can go off screen and still shoot you.
- You cannot exit the turret.

By the time the boss battle is done you will have rebooted twice (reboot = lose the 3 lives you had. Game does not explain this.) and cannot do anything about it as you simply do not have enough firepower to down the boss before he downs you - remember trophy also requires you to play solo.

Therefore it is impossible to not reboot at all in this game and get the Insane Survivor trophy.

...my first unobtainable list on this account. sad cause marketing had billed Yorbie as next Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One style game to me when the game came out, which is why I (sadly) gladly bought and played Yorbie. No, it is not R&C, not even close. This is one of the most regrettable indie games I've played, and the reason why I use a different account to test new games on now.

• 2 years later...

It seems 9 people have done it since creation as shown on pstrophies.org for the game:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/yorbie-episode-one/leaderboards/1/

I randomly came across this game looking for something.  Actually seems kind of fun in a trailer for it, however messing with my controls would annoy the hell out of me.  I don't think I will try, but maybe...

10 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

It seems 9 people have done it since creation as shown on pstrophies.org for the game:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/yorbie-episode-one/leaderboards/1/

I randomly came across this game looking for something.  Actually seems kind of fun in a trailer for it, however messing with my controls would annoy the hell out of me.  I don't think I will try, but maybe...

I had a quick check of their profiles, only NPWR7 (CFW user) wasn't removed from this site, though he soon will be.

I did play it at one point and do intend to go back to it.  Yes it is hard as hell, but I'm going to give it a shot one day.

• Like 1