PSNP's Year End Awards-2015

It is time for me to post my awards doods:

THE LIME POPSICLE AWARD

Tales from the Borderlands

1L2ee2ae.png

Well it doesn't get easier than a TellTale game but this was a fun, enjoyable experience doods.

THE BILLY MITCHELL AWARD

Mamorukun Curse!

1Ld5af81.png

I platted a few games that I thought were challenging this past year but I think this was the most challenging one. Most of the trophies were pretty easy to get but the courses made this a pretty tough plat especially with the higher difficulty courses. There were a few courses I wasn't sure I would be able to complete but I persevered and cleared them so I was pretty proud to get this done doods.

BAD ASS AWARD

Guilty Gear Xrd

1L68a4c6.png

Even though this plat was hell for me I did have my badass moment while going for it. On M.O.M mode I had low health for 3 straight fights and didn't recover my health during that time, because of this each battle went down to the wire. Not only did I win 3 straight battles with low health BUT I also won all 3 with 0 seconds left on the clock which was very bad ass for me since I'm not that great at fighting games doods.

THE GRIND OF THE YEAR AWARD

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

1L387154.png

Ah my 100th plat, the greatest trophy image of all time, and man did I have to work for it. Disgaea games are known for being grindy but this went a little beyond the norm. Having to do multiple playthroughs, I had to do one more than what was required because I messed up one of the ending requirements :|, plus having to do many item world runs for all items and pirate ship parts thanks to my arch enemy RNG. The grind was definitely worth it, looking at the beautiful plat image in my trophy cabinet brings a tear to my eye everytime doods 

SLEEPER HIT OF THE YEAR

Magrunner: Dark Pulse

1L94fb55.png

It was tough picking a choice for this award since I played quite a few Sleeper Hits like Guacamelee and Rogue Legacy but I ultimately chose this game because I literally heard nothing about this game before buying it. It was on sale for like $1.50 and I saw it was a puzzle game so I just went for it, I'm glad I did because this was a great game. In this game you use polarities to help you navigate through each level. The puzzles in each stage were fun to figure out and there were some really clever level designs. The final boss and story were kind of lame but that didn't really hamper an overall fun experience doods

BIGGEST BOMB OF THE YEAR

Transistor

1L9829fa.png

I heard a lot of praise for this game, the gameplay looked fun from videos I saw so I very excited for this game but sadly it turned out to be huge disappointment for me mainly because the combat in this game wasn't good imo. Most of the skills in the game were slow, sluggish leaving me to get attacked by faster enemies. The Turn aspect that lets you plan then execute your attacks was interesting but made you too OP and made an already easy game even easier. The worst part about the combat being bad was the fact that this game had a really, really good skill system that was deep and had a lot of customization combinations. Due to the terribke combat I didn't feel the urge to experiment with the great skill systems plus by the time you even get a good bit of skills the game is pretty much over so the skill system isn't fully realized. There is a NG+ but it was weak since the enemies aren't that much stronger plus by that time you can make a game breaking loadout. Really a shame that a game with such potential turned out to be so disappointing doods.

THE BEST PLATINUM OF THE YEAR

OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood

1L286831.png

This was a tough category to choose a winner for too but every aspect of this plat was fun to do. This was a very fun, addicting 2D side scrolling skateboarding game. It was simple to pickup but pretty tough to get down pat. I thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of this plat, even trophies that require you to do certain moves X amount of times were ones you actually get in the process of the plat. The challenges were pretty tough but were a fair and fun challenge so it wasn't frustrating. I still play this game just about everyday, it is a lot of fun and the play was a joy to go for doods.

WURST PLAT OV TEH YEER

Infinity Runner

1L009c59.png

This game was fun!......for a few minutes. This was pretty much one of those endless runner kind of games with a story/campaign which isn't really an ideal formula. These kind of games are fun to play in short burst while on a car ride or waiting at the doctor's office but not really fun to play on a console since it gets boring fast. Even worse you have to do multiple playthroughs since the beat the game with no deaths on each difficulty don't stack which is dumb since the challenges for simply beating the game on each difficulty do stack. On top of that even with the multiple playthroughs you have to grind for the 400,000m trophy, it isn't a long grind but considering how quickly this game gets boring it feels longer than it is. There were more problems with plat but I've pretty covered the main points, this game didn't really haven't much competition for this award doods

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods
  • Like 2

I am now fashionably late by one day, so here's my list ;)

Lime Popsicle Award

L1c7a3f.png

The clear winner for this award for me is Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands game on PS4. All trophies are earned for simply completing the game, which includes no difficulty at all since it's a choice-driven episodic game. The only hard part was the wait for the next episode each time. Best of all, it was a super fun game.

The Billy Mitchell Award

L1ec299.png

Drag-on-Dragoon/Drakengard 3 takes the cake here for one reason only: the final ending/boss fight which is a rhythm-based boss fight (just like the first Drakengard's and nothing like Nier's :P) WITH changing camera angles/close-ups, punishing timing AND a final note that has to be correctly blocked in complete darkness while dialogue is playing over it. This part alone makes it worse than Birth By Sleep's (one of my first platinum trophies in 2015) rhythmic sections that I hated on PSP and hated yet again on PS3. I have no clue why I decided to torture myself with any rhythm trophies in 2015, but I'll think twice about going for any more in the future.

Bad Ass Award
Ld7b562.png

I had some actual bad ass moments in single-player and multiplayer games, but this award has to go to the multiplayer match where I legitly earned my Predator Paragon trophy in Batman: Arkham Origins for one specific reason: it made me feel like Batman more than anything else as I stealthily took out those elites in various ways while working in tandem with the Robin player to ensure we won that epic match. People hated this multiplayer, but I had a blast with it at all times (from playing as Bane to setting up traps/markers with the Joker and Bane goons) and I honestly wouldn't hate to see another multiplayer Batman game (maybe separate from a single-player Batman game though).

Grind of the Year

L1ec299.png

I wasn't entirely sure which game should go here (one of the two Kingdom Hearts games or this one), but I ended up picking Drakengard 3 yet again. The grind isn't all that much (this was one of my least grindy years trophy-wise) and is helped by the DLC episodes giving tons of money and materials to remove some hours from that, but it's still hours and hours of grinding the same fights for materials and money. I could never quite reach the money amounts people claimed you could easily get from fighting the golden knights in that one mission, but it was still an okay way to do that part of grinding and didn't sour the experience for me all that much.

Sleeper Hit of the Year

L172c11.png

I was really excited about Until Dawn when they first announced it as a Move-controlled PS3 game that would basically be a teen slasher movie as an interactive game. The later switch to PS4 was okay with me too as was dropping the Move, but the news I was worried about was all the videos and talk of supernatural elements I hadn't heard (or read) about earlier. I got a bit bitter over that fact as I was hoping for a teen slasher movie in video game form, not yet another supernatural threat chasing characters around. I still decided to get the game since I like the Heavy Rain-style games, multiple endings (everyone can die, everyone can live, etc), and knew most of the actors who were in this game.

The game proved to be even better than I had hoped (and probably a lot better than what it would have been had it stayed a teen slasher game) and is arguably now my favourite interactive drama game (sorry, Heavy Rain). I do not enjoy supernatural stuff or jump scares all that much, but this game was awesome throughout so none of that ended up bothering me. There is a downside though: now every mine, underground, and abandoned hospital setting reminds me of this game (The Order: 1886 had all of these... and something that looked like something from this game *cough*).

Biggest Bomb of the Year

Le47b38.png

I didn't hate Assassin's Creed Unity or anything, but out of all the games I played this year on the Sony consoles/handhelds, Unity was the one that least matched what I had expected of it. The setting alone is poorly used and the story is too detached from the events of the era and too focused on a plot that is supposed to be more personal but somewhat fails to feel important since all the opposing templars are introduced and promptly removed from the picture soon after (this problem still is a bit true for the later, far superior Syndicate). The story set in the present is the worst out of all AC games (if we can even say it had one) and the collectibles are far too numerous and require too much work to get at times. The combat is both a pro and a con as it's no longer about just aiming at the next target for instant kills, but it's also needlessly hard at times when there are too many high ranking opponents (luckily Syndicate found a good mix of easy and hard for its combat system). The game did end up having some excellent things too (the "jump into other timelines to avoid being caught" sections are kind of clumsily used in the story but also offer little bits of gameplay in sections we'll never have an AC game set in and the crime solving of Unity and Syndicate really makes me wish Ubisoft would make a crime-solving game), but it's still the biggest bomb of the year for me.

The Best Platinum of 2015

L4825d8.png

I have loved Grim Fandango ever since I first played it many years ago on PC (and quite a few times after years apart) and the news of it being remastered on PS4 with trophies (GF is one of the games I really hoped to see get a trophy-enabled remaster after the first two Monkey Island games got them) was one of the best of 2014. The trophy list (once it came out) was excellent with its requirements ranging from miscellaneous actions to more miscellaneous, hilarious actions with great quotes used as the trophy names (inspiring my Point-and-Click PP trophies :P). I couldn't have really asked for a better trophy list (though there are a couple of things that could have still had trophies attached to them if they really had wanted to add more and the tank controls being optional might have helped not have all that many disappointed players who had never played this gem of a game before) and I really enjoyed yet another playthrough of this game immensely. Now to just hope they do Day of the Tentacle justice as well.

Wurst Plat Ov Teh Yeer

Lf4dbd1.png

I have never hated a game I have played and I don't expect that to happen anytime soon either (unless someone forces me to play a game I have no interest in and it turns out to be the first game I can't stand), so this was the most difficult category for me to pick initally. Looking through my 2015 platinums, SpongeBob HeroPants is the most qualified game for this award category despite its rewarding and easy trophy list. The gameplay is mostly okay and having a selection of different characters is usually nice, but the grind to get everyone maxed is overall an annoying affair though it just takes replaying one of the early levels many times which is pretty easy.

Two specific reasons make this the worst platinum of the year for me though, the first one being that its trophies will glitch if the game is ever turned off or even allowed to idle and the only way to fix it is to delete the game (first copying the save though as this is a Vita game) and then reinstall it before continuing the game. The second is the Bikini Bottom Heroes trophy as it doesn't count any part of the requirements retroactively (you must always get the 100 transformations done within one trophy-enabled session) if you have to do the delete/reinstall thing (as I had to do several times since it was Midsummer and this was one of my summer cottage games) and it can't be earned while within a level (you have to complete a level for it to check if you have enough transformations done), which is something I wish had been mentioned *anywhere* at all since I wasted a lot of time deleting and reinstalling when it wouldn't pop after I had tried to earn it within a level xD

In the end, this was the platinum I overall liked earning the least and it was for an easy trophy game I had only gotten since it had been cheap on a sale (Full disclosure: I do not watch SpongeBob, but that has never stopped me from getting a game based on an existing property such as The Walking Dead, Fables, Game of Thrones, Adventure Time, Walking with Dinosaurs, etc).

• Like 1

"SLEEPER HIT OF THE YEAR".goes to 

141224lastofus-thumb-636x358-95388.jpg

You don't hear of Last of Us being a Sleeper Hit very often :P But that is what is great about the Sleeper Hit award. It isn't what the game is, it is what your perception of the game before and after you play it :D

Dr. Mayus, sir, is it okay if i change my post? i've got a few more plats from the time i posted my awards and it seems some are more convenient.

Sorry, I haven't been near a computer in over a week :) Kind of late now, but yes you can always change an award. Heck even after I do the OP if you would like to write some more write ups that is OK with me :).

I am going to post my awards now and then leave this open for the rest of the day and then update the OP tomorrow (in case anyone else would like to post).

LIME POPSICLE AWARD

1Lc78509.png

Tales From the Borderlands

OK, obviously this was going to win. This game was the definition of easy. In fact this was easier than The Walking Dead because there was actually less gameplay (if that is possible). The thing is though, despite this is being a brain-dead easy platinum I don't consider it a cheap plat to have. The game is so good that it doesn't mar my collection in the least :)

Pick whatever choices you want, enjoy an amazing story and earn yourself a plat.

BILLY MITCHELL AWARD

1Lc25c88.png

Velocity 2x

Velocity Ultra won 2 awards for me last year so I knew what I was getting into with this game. I still like Velocity Ultra more than 2X but this game had the awesome boss fights and the fun of 2 Ships at once. The platforming I could do without as I often felt my deaths there were not my fault. The reason the first game was so good was that the difficulty was built around the game being tough and requiring pixel perfect timing. The platforming I felt the controls wasn't the greatest and often I would die because the teleport didn't work right.

That being said, this game is still a ton of fun and offers a good challenge that gets you just mad enough to get shit done :).

BAD ASS AWARD

22L88c64c.png

Minecraft-Sniper Duel

For this trophy you have to kill a skeleton from 50 spaces away. I was trying over and over to get it but I would either miss, get hit by a spider and have to reposition myself, the sun would come up etc etc etc.

Finally I said fuck it and started building a bridge out into the ocean. I wasn't counting blocks I was just building and didn't really think of what I was doing. I turned around and of course completely lost track of the Skeleton. I said "what the hell" and just shot my arrow into the sky and then PING trophy unlocked. I was literally blown away that that had actually worked ^_^

GRIND OF THE YEAR

1L21a701.png

Final Fantasy X

Well if I had been able to finish a certain quest this would have undoubtedly been a different game...but since I am still several 100 hours away from it I will make it the next longest RPG on my 2015 list. I am actually kind of glad because if I had finished Star Ocean I wouldn't have been able to rant about this stupid thing again.

The Sphere Grid....this has to be one of the stupidest leveling up systems I have ever...you know what I am just going to copy and paste my response from my Checklist (fucking Sphere Grid)

In most JRPGs you level up and your stats get better. Nice and easy but not very complex. In WRPGs you level up and you get skill points and you can decide how to spend those points to make your character better in certain areas. In Final Fantasys like Tactics and V you can level up certain jobs and then combine those attributes with other jobs to make the kind of character you wanted.

In Final Fantasy you get the Sphere Grid and I think Cedric Daniels can sum it up for me

You get 1 Sphere movement per level and you can use that to progress to the next sphere. That sphere might be Magic, or defence or luck or whatever and if you happen to have the correct sphere then you can level it up 1-4 points. The thing is to get anywhere in the game you have to keep grinding out enemies to get Sphere Points, then grind out enemies to get Spheres, then grind out different enemies to get keys and then mini-bosses to get Sphere Nodes and then you got to backtrack to fill in the nodes you didn't have originally and then clear other nodes so you can put better spheres there and :blah: This means that levelling up is needlessly complicated and since you can only move 1 sphere at a time there is no reason it couldn't just increase 1 stat automatically. Even if you wait to collect a bunch of Sphere Points at once (like I did) then it is just tedious as you have to slowly move around the Sphere slowly filling in one sphere at a time. It is just boring, and adds nothing to the game.

On top of that weapons aren't actually stronger, you instead have to customize weapons with items to give them better percentages or attributes and I honestly never bothered with it (until the end when I was levelling up). It was honestly too much bother for me to learn how to customize well that I just used whatever the original attributes were and beat the game that way. Thanks to Aeon Overdrives and Yojimbo (zanmato) you never really needed to power up. Magus Sisters and Anima could wreck any boss and whatever they couldn't handle Zanmato could usually work. Sure that may sound cheap to do, but the alternative was spending hours upon hours mastering the Sphere Grid and honestly I just couldn't bring myself to care enough.

SLEEPER HIT OF THE YEAR

1Lc78509.png

Tales From the Borderlands

OK FYI this was originally going to be Deadly Premonition but I ended up getting this game cheap off the Holiday Sale and MAAAAAAAAAN am I glad I did. If anyone remembers my rant about the original Borderlands (if you don't you can see it here Fuck Borderlands ) then you know I am not the biggest fan of the game. So I was not expecting a lot out of this game because a story based game around a game that has no real story...does not usually lead to success very often. That being said TTG pulls out a masterfully told story with great characters, amazing dialog, lots of twists and turns and a "cute" character that is actually cute and not ear-bleedingly annoying :)

Pick up this game...NOW \(^O^)/

BIGGEST BOMB OF THE YEAR

1L2c3a76.png

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando-VITA

Hey let's take one of Mayus' favourite games of all time, put it on the Vita and then strip all the fun out of it. Let us map the Strafe buttons onto the back touchpad so they only work when then want to. This means that all those fight scenes that require you to strafe and jump are next to impossible because you can't DODGE SHIT IN THIS GAME. Let us make it a requirement to get the RYNO otherwise the game is impossible to beat.

I have said in the past that the Vita version of these games should be considered the Hard Mode versions because the controls are so broken that there is not way to play it normally.

BEST PLATINUM OF 2015

1Ld554aa.png

Transformers: War for Cybertron

When I picked this game up when it first came out I wasn't expecting a lot. A guy on PS3Trophies.com recommended it (thanks Kingsway) and I was like "alright, but I am not expecting lots out of a Franchise Tie In game". This game turned out to be the most fun online experience I have ever had and a damn good 3rd person shooter.

I absolutely loved the online deathmatches in this game and getting to LV 25 with everyone was never a chore. I met some really awesome people while playing this online and it is a shame that that server is no longer what it used to be.

I would have platted this back then but after getting to LV100 I decided to take a break before starting Hard Mode. When I finally did start Hard Mode my save corrupted and I just put it off. Finally I got back into the game this summer and I am so glad to finally have this plat in my collection.

Good challenge, great online, fast paced fun...everything a game should be :)

WURST PLAT OV TEH YEER

1L21a701.png

Final Fantasy X

Here is my original report because as always I can't be bothered to put more effort into a game I hate :)

No, No Fairy Tale Fights...you just won the Worst Platinum of the Year award...you don't have to give up that trophy for another 11 months...oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you all there :wave: ...well I guess I kind of gave away my feelings about my latest platinum. So without further ado

1L21a701.png

#157-Final Fantasy X

:| This game puts me in a tough situation. I know this game has a lot of fans. Some of those fans are people I like on this site...they have used words like Masterpiece to describe this game...WELL I GUESS IT IS A MASTER PIECE OF SH... :spank: no bad Mayus, you aren't going to let this review get you banned from the site sigh.gif

Where to start :( Well I guess let us start with the characters

ibgLW7zaFgpHQa.gif

NO FUCK THIS ANNOYING WHINY USELESS CHOICE OF A MAIN CHARACTER MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE :shakefist:

xf6pgm.jpg

I don't get it. How is she any better than Tidus? I mean she isn't as annoying as him, sure, but DAMN is she boring. She delivers all of her lines like the voice actor just woke up after a heroin binge. She is supposed to be the second main character but she has 0 personality. You just want this walking doormat of a character to do ANYTHING interesting but nope, she just spends half the game in semi-coma and the other half kidnapped.

OK back to Tidus

295860_1252268924772_full.jpg

I actually never played this game longer than that damn laughing scene. I was pretty done with it at that point but that just sealed it for me. I shut off my PS2 and never went back to it. That being said Tidus doesn't get better as a character, he only gets worse.

I think my problem with him is he is that kid you knew in High School or at Work that you just wanted to slap because he never shut the hell up. I get it, Tidus isn't from this time period so things may seem new and exciting, but he doesn't ever act in Awe of anything but instead whines or complains or thinks he knows better. He is comic relief (albeit not a funny one) when he should be the main character.

Think about, how much better the game would have been if instead of just crying and acting like an ass, Tidus instead took time to listen to what was happening, tried to understand the situation and then worked with the group to come to a conclusion on how to solve it? He could have been avatar for "us" exploring a new and exciting world and then realizing how messed up everything was and working with his new friends to solve it. Tidus never learned anything, he never grew as a character, he just whined and bitched and got everything he wanted. When he didn't get what he wanted...guess what...he whined and bitched until he did.

Definitely-FFX-Cosplay.png

The rest of the characters.

Who really cares about the rest of the characters. None of them are given any real depth and they were simply just "there". I mean you get pretty much the whole party at once so when are you ever supposed to care about any of them? It sounds like Lulu had a pretty interesting back story with her original summoner...barely touched upon. How about Kimhari and his back story (missing his horn or meeting with Auron) mentioned once or twice. Wakka and his dead brother (I think he had a sword...or something). See you quickly touch these interesting moments and then hurry out of them as fast as you can to get on with the important Tidus and Yuna relationship. Nothing had an impact on me. We were rushing from scene to scene so fast I could barely keep track of why we were in a Ice world or Desert World or Forest World (is this Final Fantasy or Super Mario Bros).

Auron was a great character and I liked the Jecht Spheres where we got to learn more about him, but once again he was just pushed to the side so we could get more Tidus.

More time should have spent on creating interesting characters and developing the world and less time on Blitzball.

24x2ae8.jpg

Go play Sega Soccer Slam for the Gamecube and tell me that wouldn't have been WAY better than Blitzball. Instead of a stupid turn based, stat-RPG mini game, it could have been a fast paced, 3d enviromental power based soccer simulator. That would have been awesome. Imagine using Thunderaga on a Blitzball and sending it down the pitch knocking everyone out of your way only to have the goalie call upon Shiva to block the shot :o. NOPE instead we get a slow paced game that despite me having a breakaway the defenders warp from behind to get in front of me to block a pass to the player standing right next to me...WTF :shakefist: Pro-tip, get the Jecht Shot and then use it to score every time. I recruited the best players and never had to worry about getting anything less than 6-0 wins. The only hard part was playing through all the stupid matches for the trophies.

grease-lightning.gif

Dodge 200 trophies to get Lightning Dancer trophy...fuck you. No seriously, fuck you.

256px-Cracingbox.jpg

Get 0.00 seconds...please refer to my previous statement.

16i5o3t.jpg

Refer to my last two statements :|...ok I will go into depth about this one.

In most JRPGs you level up and your stats get better. Nice and easy but not very complex. In WRPGs you level up and you get skill points and you can decide how to spend those points to make your character better in certain areas. In Final Fantasys like Tactics and V you can level up certain jobs and then combine those attributes with other jobs to make the kind of character you wanted.

In Final Fantasy you get the Sphere Grid and I think Cedric Daniels can sum it up for me

You get 1 Sphere movement per level and you can use that to progress to the next sphere. That sphere might be Magic, or defence or luck or whatever and if you happen to have the correct sphere then you can level it up 1-4 points. The thing is to get anywhere in the game you have to keep grinding out enemies to get Sphere Points, then grind out enemies to get Spheres, then grind out different enemies to get keys and then mini-bosses to get Sphere Nodes and then you got to backtrack to fill in the nodes you didn't have originally and then clear other nodes so you can put better spheres there and :blah: This means that levelling up is needlessly complicated and since you can only move 1 sphere at a time there is no reason it couldn't just increase 1 stat automatically. Even if you wait to collect a bunch of Sphere Points at once (like I did) then it is just tedious as you have to slowly move around the Sphere slowly filling in one sphere at a time. It is just boring, and adds nothing to the game.

On top of that weapons aren't actually stronger, you instead have to customize weapons with items to give them better percentages or attributes and I honestly never bothered with it (until the end when I was levelling up). It was honestly too much bother for me to learn how to customize well that I just used whatever the original attributes were and beat the game that way. Thanks to Aeon Overdrives and Yojimbo (zanmato) you never really needed to power up. Magus Sisters and Anima could wreck any boss and whatever they couldn't handle Zanmato could usually work. Sure that may sound cheap to do, but the alternative was spending hours upon hours mastering the Sphere Grid and honestly I just couldn't bring myself to care enough.

Well that is a lot. I know I rambled on and on...but this game was just a massive let down. Final Fantasy used to be SO good but I don't know what happened. I haven't really liked a FF game since Tactics and I am having a hard time still calling myself a fan. Now as I mentioned at the beginning I know a lot of people are fans of the game and can probably debate me on a lot of these points, but honestly I just didn't have fun playing this game.

LP Award

Magus

1S9c53bf.png

Very very easy and very very dull.  I got it for cheap at one of the flash sales thinking it couldn't be as bad as all that, but it is, it really is.

Billy Mitchell Award

Diablo III : reaper of souls

1S740ac1.png

I'm not much of a hard core gamer, so this is probably the hardest plat I earned this year.  Not dying on hardcore made me nervous the whole time through.

Bad ass award

I don't really have any moments where I've felt super bad ass in a game, but in Diablo III I had a few moments of ripping multiple boss type enemies apart in various rifts that felt pretty good.

Grind of the Year

Fairy tale fights

1Sc8a0f5.png

Grind money, grind potions, grind arena chapters, grind multiple playthroughs, grind chests, grind A rank levels.  Most of which don't overlap so grind even more.

Sleeper hit of the year

Wolfenstein : the new order

1Sc7ffa2.png

This is not my kind of game.  I'm not much of an FPS player.  My aim is terrible and my reaction time is worse.  Something about this game really clicked for me though.  I really liked the story, the dialog was good, and the moments of humor were well done.  The levels were fun and varied and the collectibles never felt like a chore.

Biggest bomb of the Year

Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor (PS3 edition)

1S7d07c9.png

This is really my own fault.  I didn't realize that the PS3 version was the little brother in the relationship. It was a glitch fest all over, visuals, sound, long loads the works.  Even after the patch it was hard to play at a lot of points and by the end I was just trying to get it over with.

Best Platinum of the Year

Neir

1Sa4425c.png

I had a hard time getting into this game at first, but once I did I really enjoyed the experience. The story was interesting, and the characters felt unique in a lot of ways.  I enjoyed the combat, and liked the fact that you didn't have to restart every new play through from the very beginning.

Worst Platinum of the Year

Transformers : War for Cybertron

1S3302e2.png

I liked the single player campaign.  I liked escalation mode fine.  I hated multiplayer with a white hot passion.  Very few people play anymore.  Those that do, seem to only play this game all day everyday.  Their sole purpose in the game seems to be to screw over anyone who isn't part of the aforementioned group.  It takes forever to level up when you suck as bad as I do, and it is made worse when everyone else seems to be master of all they survey.