Does Gore-Cheatcode disable trophies ?

freestyler2407

Hello,

yes I know, cheats disable trophies.

BUT does the gore cheatcode also disable the trophies ? 

I mean, you don't have any advantages with that code, but you can pop peoples head, shoot their limbs etc.

Without the cheatcode, there's no gore at all - only blood. Thats pretty annoying.

Does anyone know ? 

I'm wondering because if you enter a real cheat code like health or something, the game tells you that you activated a cheat in the upper left corner ( e.g. "Health Cheat" )

But if you enter the gore code, nothing happens after you entered it. But you can pop heads, shoot limbs etc. 

Code for gore: Square, L1, Circle, Down, L1, R1, Triangle, Right, L1, X

Edited by freestyler2407

The stats will show you completed 99% because you used cheats

Since when?

I used cheats on the PS2 version of GTA 3 and Vice City and 100%'d both just fine.

I used health, armor, weapons and money cheats in both and never had a problem getting the 100% I don't see why this would be different for the PS4 version, it's just an up-scaled port.

Hello,

yes I know, cheats disable trophies.

BUT does the gore cheatcode also disable the trophies ? 

I mean, you don't have any advantages with that code, but you can pop peoples head, shoot their limbs etc.

Without the cheatcode, there's no gore at all - only blood. Thats pretty annoying.

Does anyone know ? 

I'm wondering because if you enter a real cheat code like health or something, the game tells you that you activated a cheat in the upper left corner ( e.g. "Health Cheat" )

But if you enter the gore code, nothing happens after you entered it. But you can pop heads, shoot limbs etc. 

Code for gore: Square, L1, Circle, Down, L1, R1, Triangle, Right, L1, X

No cheats in GTA 3 disable trophies. I tried every cheat once for testing purposes then went to get a couple of the easy trophies to make sure.

You're fine to use whatever cheats you want and still get trophies (Story and otherwise)

Since when?

I used cheats on the PS2 version of GTA 3 and Vice City and 100%'d both just fine.

I used health, armor, weapons and money cheats in both and never had a problem getting the 100% I don't see why this would be different for the PS4 version, it's just an up-scaled port.

No cheats in GTA 3 disable trophies. I tried every cheat once for testing purposes then went to get a couple of the easy trophies to make sure.

You're fine to use whatever cheats you want and still get trophies (Story and otherwise)

But doesn't it decrease your criminal rating though?

Since when?

I spoke to a person who already platinumed GTA 3 on ps4 and he told me that cheats disable criminal rating ( whitch you need for Is That All You've Got? trophy)

But even if the game has cheats, I will choose not to use!It is a different way of looking at a game :)

But doesn't it decrease your criminal rating though?

Yeah in very small increments each time you cheat, it's hardly noticeable though.

However, you can very easily get both criminal rating trophies right at the beginning of the game by using the Rhino tank spawn cheat and going on a rampage.

It would take about 2 hours of constant carnage to get your criminal rating to 5000.

I've been messing around with all the cheats to determine their effects on gameplay and trophies before I start my actual playthrough for the platinum and so far it's all perfectly do-able with whatever cheats you want to activate.

I spoke to a person who already platinumed GTA 3 on ps4 and he told me that cheats disable criminal rating ( whitch you need for Is That All You've Got? trophy)

But even if the game has cheats, I will choose not to use!It is a different way of looking at a game :)

It decreases the criminal rating not fully disables or freezes it.

• Like 1

Yeah in very small increments each time you cheat, it's hardly noticeable though.

However, you can very easily get both criminal rating trophies right at the beginning of the game by using the Rhino tank spawn cheat and going on a rampage.

It would take about 2 hours of constant carnage to get your criminal rating to 5000.

I've been messing around with all the cheats to determine their effects on gameplay and trophies before I start my actual playthrough for the platinum and so far it's all perfectly do-able with whatever cheats you want to activate.

It decreases the criminal rating not fully disables or freezes it.

Yeah but for 100% you cant use cheats , for the other trophies you can !

For more information : http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-iii/280191-gta3-cheats-do-they-disable-trophies.html

Yeah but for 100% you cant use cheats , for the other trophies you can !

For more information : http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-iii/280191-gta3-cheats-do-they-disable-trophies.html

There's no proof of this other than someone saying so without anything to back it up.

My point is I have achieved 100% with using cheats on the PS2 version multiple times, I used to speedrun it all the time.

I highly doubt this has changed for the port as it would require actual game changes which they have no reason to do.

People that did not achieve 100%, it's more likely they missed something simple like putting out 20 fires on each island - Something that doesn't show in statistics so they just blamed the fact they used cheats.

Edited by Antielectron-
  • Like 1

There's no proof of this other than someone saying so without anything to back it up.

My point is I have achieved 100% with using cheats on the PS2 version multiple times, I used to speedrun it all the time.

I highly doubt this has changed for the port as it would require actual game changes which they have no reason to do.

People that did not achieve 100%, it's more likely they missed something simple like putting out 20 fires on each island - Something that doesn't show in statistics so they just blamed the fact they used cheats.

I've done 100% on ps2 with no problem (but i never used cheats) so i dont understand why they disable that trophy!

Hey I'm just to rely on what people say!if they use cheats or not, for me whatever :)

I will play until the end and then we'll see :P

You can use any cheats you like to help you as they will not block trophies.

NOTE: Some people have reported that using the money cheat to boost your criminal rating will eventually cap and stop the number from increasing. To avoid this do not use the money cheat until you are on at least a criminal rating of 3000 in order to still unlock ‘Like A Boss’

This from playstationtrophies.org

You can use any cheats you like to help you as they will not block trophies.

NOTE: Some people have reported that using the money cheat to boost your criminal rating will eventually cap and stop the number from increasing. To avoid this do not use the money cheat until you are on at least a criminal rating of 3000 in order to still unlock ‘Like A Boss’

This from playstationtrophies.org

Cheats dont disable anything in the game ! i already tested and i have to say this :

Every island BLOCK criminal rating... until you unlock the other island (through the story missions)! after you reach to second island you will have 4500 (MAX) after you reach third  island you'll get 5000 +