The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 1

Well; very shit month for me in April. I slacked off big time. May will be slow too as my Japan trip ate 2 weeks out of the month.

Lol CJ and Damage just killed their wallets, although money spent on gaming is money well spent :).

I killed my wallet. Almost entirely on food and beer in Japan. Just got back yesterday after 2 weeks there. Didn't really have too much time to look for gaming stuff as it was partially for a friend's wedding and there was a few of us doing stuff together. I was also sick for the last 3 or 4 days. But I did manage to buy 学戦都市アスタリスクフェスタ 凰華絢爛 (The Asterisk War) and get my first Japanese trophy. I was watching the Anime on Crunchyroll before I left and when I saw the game on the shelf in Yodabashi Yohohama I had to buy it. Got a trophy at 40,000 ft. on the flight over, Sandstorm (Treasures of Montezuma Blitz)

Haven't gone through the PS Store sales yet, but my wallet will recieve a further bashing this afternoon when I pick up my DOOM Collector's Edition and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Libertalia Collector's Edition from EB.

Anyone pick up Uncharted 4?

See above :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished off The Division last night and little tip for anyone working through it. For the complete all missions on hard difficulty Level 30, I just joined random groups (was not the group leader) and often joined mid mission (a couple of times right near the end of the mission) and the trophy still popped for me after completing the last one. It seems as long as you are in the mission when the Mission Complete prompt comes up it counts. Way quicker than going through by yourself.   

As for the challenging mode mission ......... well goodluck with that 

• Like 1

Currently working through Life is Strange on PS3 ......... Just as many bronze as I remember :)

59 Bronze and one Gold. I dislike bronze trophies but it's such a good game I will probably end up getting the PS3 version as well.

I picked it up.

Then saw the price, and put it back down.

$69 in Target, EB will price match if you have a membership there and want the points.

I have all the Telltale games on all 3 systems waiting for when I just feel like trophy whoring, lol

Lol so your inner trophy whore can come out at any point and possibly win you the comp :hmm:

Im not concerned about your telltale run Feral ......... That bottle of rum beside you is far to distracting

Ha ha ha, been stalking around my house again CJ. Planting rum just so I'll stay drunk and not become the new bronze king.
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

been using this site to help with trophy hunting for a while now and happened across this topic a couple of days ago - thought it looked like a bit of fun so decided to sign up to join in with the fun!

It's not too late to join, is it?

Hey guys,

been using this site to help with trophy hunting for a while now and happened across this topic a couple of days ago - thought it looked like a bit of fun so decided to sign up to join in with the fun!

You'd have to ask Wayne, check the first page of this thread for details. I don't mind but it's not my call.

You'd have to ask Wayne, check the first page of this thread for details. I don't mind but it's not my call.

I think I remember Wayne saying a couple months back when people expressed interest that it's too late, but like Matty said, you'd have to go to Wayne for confirmation. Either way, just hang around, chat on the forums.

Also pretty sure Wayne said it'd run again next year and we've had pretty decent participation so I can't see why you won't get a chance next year. Which is already only six months away JFC lol.

Ha ha ha ha ha. I kinda want to go Telltale crazy just to shit you now :P

There's always one... :P

Hey guys,

Hi Jimmy_27. Thanks for the expression of interest but unfortunately I'm not taking any new entrants for the competition at the moment, I've turned down a couple of others already (nice memory Lightning!) so I have to be consistent. Just hang around the forums and keep an eye out over the next few months for the Season 2 thread, I'm aiming to put it up around mid-late October so there is plenty of time for people to see it.

On a side note, sorry for the delay with the latest update everyone! I've been pretty busy with work recently so I haven't really been online too much over the past couple of weeks. Anyway I've started collecting the stats tonight and should have the rest done tomorrow. Will CJ reclaim his spot as the "King of Bronze"? Will Matt continue his domination of just about every category? Has Gibbo obtained another UR platinum? Will Lightning's return from busy-ness result in some points for the month? Will Wayne ever be relevant in his own competition? All will be revealed soon!

• Like 3

There's always one... :P

Hi Jimmy_27. Thanks for the expression of interest but unfortunately I'm not taking any new entrants for the competition at the moment, I've turned down a couple of others already (nice memory Lightning!) so I have to be consistent. Just hang around the forums and keep an eye out over the next few months for the Season 2 thread, I'm aiming to put it up around mid-late October so there is plenty of time for people to see it.

On a side note, sorry for the delay with the latest update everyone! I've been pretty busy with work recently so I haven't really been online too much over the past couple of weeks. Anyway I've started collecting the stats tonight and should have the rest done tomorrow. Will CJ reclaim his spot as the "King of Bronze"? Will Matt continue his domination of just about every category? Has Gibbo obtained another UR platinum? Will Lightning's return from busy-ness result in some points for the month? Will Wayne ever be relevant in his own competition? All will be revealed soon!

You're relevant Wayne! That comment proves it. Who else could introduce the results with the suspense deserving of a reality tv show competition?

• Like 3

Looking forward to the results unveiling tomorrow, In the meantime I'm am strongly assaulting this month with 24 Life is Strange bronze already

As the Prince of Bronze looks to dethrone the current king. (You probably will this time)  :D

• Like 1

Find out soon, on tomorrow's new episode of Dragon Ball Z  :D

Well played sir, well played! Actually, thanks for reminding me that I have to continue watching Dragon Ball Z! I started re-watching it a few months ago and stopped after season 7 lol.

You're relevant Wayne! That comment proves it. Who else could introduce the results with the suspense deserving of a reality tv show competition?

Thanks Lightning! Although CJ did a pretty good job with his weekly wrap ups in his competition, maybe we need to sign him up here too?

I'm extremely confident that my points tally will remain at zero :)

Lol, just get some backlog points mate. That category is a chance for those of us that would never normally do so to experience the feeling :P.

Just letting you know that I finished compiling all the stats, however I'll put up the score update tomorrow. I kind of got side tracked watching the Socceroos game tonight which turned out to be a bit of a disappointment in the end (not to mention the embarrassing display that went along with it!). Anyway here's a little teaser for you guys.

In May 2421 trophies were earned, the breakdown is 1665 x Bronze, 531 x Silver, 188 x Gold & 37 Platinum from 27 contestants. This was a significant increase on April (yay us!), beating last month by 350 trophies. However, it is still quite away behind the best month (January) and was the second worst month overall. Bronze, Silver & Gold trophies were all up but interestingly Platinum trophies were down.

January = 3108 trophies

March = 2695 trophies

February = 2605 trophies

May = 2421 trophies

April = 2071 trophies

Anyway stay tuned for the individual points update tomorrow that will answer all the burning questions!

Edited by TheWayne-o