DLC Characters

Hourisathand

yeah I was wondering about this too, we're getting 4 new characters so it would be safe to assume 2 heroes and 2 villains.

DICE has said they would stick to the OT, so my guess for heroes would be Chewbacca and Ben Kenobi but villains?. Can't think of anyone else in the OT, since Tarkin is not an action person.

So if we do get characters from Episode VII I'd say

(SPOILERS FOR EPISODE VII)

Finn with blaster and Rey with lightsaber or staff (lightsaber please) and Kylo Ren and Phasma, even if we don't see her in action in the movie. Or Chewie instead of Phasma, even though there'd only be one new villain?.

It could work with the characters from the new movie if DICE released another game mode that takes place during TFA kind of like the Battle of Jakku dlc. I do think your list is good as far as the 4 characters we could see from the new movie. I used Kylo Ren as an example because it was spoiler free lol

Annoys me so much that they're sticking only to the original trilogy and completely ignoring the four other existing films, and The Clone Wars and Rebels, no doubt just to push it over onto a sequel. I really enjoy playing Battlefront with my friend, but so many decisions when it comes to the game's content feels like they were made by children. The game still doesn't feel like a complete fully priced game.  

With that said, I think Chewbacca is definitely one of the new heroes, but I struggle to think of another. Sucks that they'll probably end up throwing in Ben Kenobi just to fill up a spot. Yoda would have been awesome, but since he never fights with his lightsaber in the original trilogy, I think that's him ruled out.  

For villains, again, there's essentially no one, unless they do something really dumb and start picking bounty hunters, like Greedo, or Bossk.

If they did other movies they'd have such a wide library for both heroes and villains; Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi (prequels), Anakin Skywalker, Count Dooku, General Grievous, Darth Maul. DICE you make me sad.