C2 Invitational League ( And it is over )

Rough couple weeks Couch, hang in there. Goodluck with Evil Within, that's one creepy arse game that sure put me on edge. Second only to Outlast so far for me.

I'm enjoying my lead at present but I can see both Couch and Gibbo circling so am sure it's only a matter of time.

Great start to month for me finishing off Driveclub bikes and first half of Life is Strange. Internet has been down since the storm but should be back tonight so looking forward to jumping back into Battleborn. Been playing a little Dangerous Golf ( from makers of Burnout ) and it's quite fun. Not really much golfing involved, more controlling your ball mid air to smash up everything in the room. Looks great and runs smooths so great pickup for a laugh.

Going to start Sniper Elite 3 this afternoon and smash through campaign this week so can play some Co-op with Spazza, which should provide a distraction from Rainbow Six Siege which I'm having trouble getting into.

Have a great week guys, happy gaming

• Like 2

Big weekend coming up for me, this month has already started off quite good finishing two games (Dust an Elysian Tale and Gone Home) both really great games that I highly recommend if you haven't checked them out already. So tommorow night will be getting the Uncharted 4 plat (doing the speedrun legit ;)) then hoping to play some Seige with Cj and make a ton of progress in The division afterwards.

On Saturday will be playing Just Cause 3 (hoping to finally finish off those annoying Gear challenges). That night might play some more Seige with Cj if he's on and play a lot more division. Sunday will be cleaning up Just Cause and hopefully getting the plat, as for the division hoping by the end of this weekend will only have dark zone stuff left to do.

Goals for weekend:

- Uncharted 4 plat

- Just Cause 3 plat

- Help Cj in Seige

- Make progress in The Division

Hope everyone else has a great weekend :)

• Like 3

Ha ha ha ha well ok I'll try more partying then see if that works.

That's a brilliant idea, it's bound to work! :lol:. Actually I'm going to try it too, I'm going out for a mate's birthday this weekend so there will be plenty of drinking.

As for me, I've been having a crappy 2 weeks. Our dog of 5 years suddenly became Ill memorial day weekend and unfortunately it was time to let him go after a week long battle with liver disease and pancreatitis. I haven't got much gaming in these past 2 weeks. Mostly binge watching netflix and hulu with the wife to keep us distracted. Hoping things start to turnaround and the videogames get more appealing again.

Sorry to hear that Couch, best wishes to you and your family during this tough time.

There's no way I can compete with CJ's and Nogg's weekend plans, I'm simply aiming to knock over a trophy or two in Supercar Challenge on Saturday before getting stuck into a pretty busy weekend. So I won't get a chance for any more gaming until Tuesday. To all my fellow Australian's, make the most of the long weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 4

Big weekend coming up for me, this month has already started off quite good finishing two games (Dust an Elysian Tale and Gone Home) both really great games that I highly recommend if you haven't checked them out already. So tommorow night will be getting the Uncharted 4 plat (doing the speedrun legit ;)) then hoping to play some Seige with Cj and make a ton of progress in The division afterwards.

On Saturday will be playing Just Cause 3 (hoping to finally finish off those annoying Gear challenges). That night might play some more Seige with Cj if he's on and play a lot more division. Sunday will be cleaning up Just Cause and hopefully getting the plat, as for the division hoping by the end of this weekend will only have dark zone stuff left to do.

Goals for weekend:

- Uncharted 4 plat

- Just Cause 3 plat

- Help Cj in Seige

- Make progress in The Division

Hope everyone else has a great weekend :)

Looks like a big weekend epic, definitely up,for some rainbow six.

Not sure what my movements will be this weekend. Will be On tomorrow and Saturday but film festivals is on in Sydney so probably gonna stay in city for sun/mon/tue. At least that means maybe some vita.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

Ok so,just run some numbers and very likely I will get another 6 plats this month. But I don't see my lead extending much behind this month due to the servere number of JRPG's coming in the next few months. Star Ocsan, Final Fantasy 15, Persona 5, Tales Series ( zestira + exila 1/2 - backlog ). Add to that I intend to hit Witcher / Mad Max and Fall Out 4 so I hope we see a new leader soon

• Like 2

Weekend's just about over for me here so I wanted to get a points update up before going back to the grind of Battleborn/Broforce. We are currently missing 3 people in the Competition. Matt is having some personal things in his life going on and won't be joining us again for a while it appears. Salt is still MIA and unable to get ahold of him. Josh is traveling at the moment and not active due to that. So without further ado...

CJ - 3193

Couch - 2780

Gibbo - 2687

Salt - 2675

Simp - 2229

Twitch - 1801

Josh - 1563

Epic - 1392

Spazza - 1386

Zombie - 1005

Matt - 564

Feral - 500

Wayne - 462

Cj has a lead over 400 points which is definitely the biggest so far. Gibbo looks like he's coming for you as he made strides against me this week. The three of us playing Battleborn(Couch, Zombie, Twitch) aren't seeing many trophies but with some luck and time, may have the plat this month. Probably not the best golden game to choose for double points haha. I'll have some free time Wednesday during my work lunch to get the Stats page up for this last month but with 3 people missing, it won't be our best lol.

Well enjoy the week folks :)

• Like 4

Salt must've gone looking for more people to play games for him so he can take back first. So he's stuck in China somewhere.

Hope Matt's problem aren't too drastic or anything. Though with him missing, I have time to catch up.

Edited by feral611
  • Like 1

Hey guys, as we approach the middle of the year ( and the league ) thought it might be cool to get everyone to contribute a little of the games they have enjoyed / disliked or would recommend and how everyone is going with their gaming / hunting. Have a think about it and when you get a chance post your answers. Would be good to have a list of games to try / avoid for the second half of the year. (Only refer to games you have actually played this year)

C2 Invitational Midway Point 

1. Favourite Game of the Year to date ?

2. Favourite Game of the Year played released before 2016 ?

3. Favourite PS+ game of the Year ?

4. Platinum most proud of this year ?

5. Most over rated game of the year to date ?

6. Worst game of the Year to date ?

7. Most frustrating trophy ?

8. Last game bought for :       i) PS4

ii)PS3

iii) Vita (if owned)

9. Has your backlog of games in 2016 :

i) decreased

ii) neutral

iii) increased by 1 - 10

iv) increased by 10 - 20

v)  could rival CJ's continual lack of control on the PS store 

10. Recommendations of games to play from current / previous years ? ( games you have played in the last 6 months only )

Bonus Question  What do you think happened to Saltyie ? ( creativity will be rewarded )

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 3

1. Favourite Game of the Year to date ? Uncharted 4

2. Favourite Game of the Year played released before 2016 ? Tropico 5 (yes i'm strangely enjoying this game)

3. Favourite PS+ game of the Year ? Tropico 5

4. Platinum most proud of this year The Division (before they stuff it up)

5. Most over rated game of the year to date. Not sure i liked all the games i have played this year

6. Worst game of the Year to date Unsure, ask me that one another time.

7. Most frustrating trophy darn, im not sure about this one,

A Whole Lot of Cheddar

that one is pissing me off atm

8. Last game bought for :       i) PS4 Ducati

ii)PS3 MInecraft

iii) Vita (if owned) Nothing for ages

9. Has your backlog of games in 2016 : Um you forgot option VI. May account seem to auto buy stuff for me to play. (over 600 games in backlog atm)

i) decreased

ii) neutral

iii) increased by 1 - 10

iv) increased by 10 - 20

v)  could rival CJ's continual lack of control on the PS store 

10. Recommendations of games to play from current / previous years ? ( games you have played in the last 6 months only ) Tropico 5, it's to hard for you CJ ... mahahaha.

Bonus Question  What do you think happened to Saltyie ? ( creativity will be rewarded )

Im guessing he went to jail!

• Like 2

CJ with all the questions.

1. My favourite game so far is Uncharted 4. Play it and you'll know why.

2. Fallout 3 - Even though it gave me headaches and had glitches. It is a fantastic game with so much content you'll lose your soul and people will send a search party to find you cause you've not been seen for months.

The Witcher 3 - One of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. It excels in every way possible and even got me in the feels, although I'm a stone cold bastard lol. Just play it now.

3. I haven't played any Plus games this year.

4. Fallout 4.

5. So far haven't played anything I'd say was overrated.

6. White Night. Not that the game is that bad just everything else I've played so far this year is better.

7. Benevolent Leader - Fallout 4. It's such a pain because you can get so close to 100% and then the percentage just ticks down for no reason at all. Took me 2 days to get the bloody thing.

8. Last games for PS4 - Mad Max & Lego Jurassic World

PS3 - X-Men Origins Wolverine, Dragon Age II & Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse

Vita - LBP Vita

9. Backlog has increased by 9.

10. Recommendations: Fallout 4 - Brilliant game that improves on 3 in every way possible and only slight glitches

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - You're doing yourself a disservice by not playing this game. GOTY for sure

Either Salt is in jail for prostitution or he's lost in the internet trying to find whoreish games to help him win the comp.

• Like 2

I'm going to hold off answering questions till towards end of month as intend to play a few indies and start a few new games first.

Will briefly comment on two indies I'm playing at moment though,

I did just finish Oxenfree, (indie game) and was quite impressed with the story, very quirky paranormal narrative. It's a choose the dialogue option type game running at about 3 hrs ( but will take at least 3 playthroughs for plat ). Probably the only drawback it is sort of a game you probably only want to play once as you choose your story and don't really want to change it.

Also playing Plague Inc. Sim strategy game where you try to infect the world and kill them with your virus. It's fast paced with games lasting about 10 - 15 mins. Lots of options to explore in regards to mutating virus, transmission and spreading etc. But it seems like only one or two options will work to pass each scenario. Very interesting game if somewhat morbid subject matter.

Will be trying The Park, New Sherlock Holmes, new Hitman, Steam World Digs and Project Cars in next week.

• I haven't played many new games this year. Only Far cry Primal, Ratchet and Clank, Dark Souls 3, some of the PS Plus games and now BattleBorn. If I had to choose, I would go with Ratchet and Clank.

• That's a tossup between Until Dawn, Bloodborne and Dragon Quest heroes. I'll have to go with Bloodborne

• I think Hardware Rivals came out this year. If so, that's it. If not, Gone home would come next followed by Table Top Racing

• Armello and Dragon Quest Heroes. Armello was so luck based that once it was over, I was happy. DQH was just very very long and those last 4 end game bosses were no joke.

• BattleBorn

• Battleborn would fit here since I haven't played that many new games this year.

• ( This year I presume?) I would have to say A walk in the park in Trine 2. Playing on Hardcore was absolutely brutal but overall was a good game.

8. Last game bought for :         

• i) PS4 - This was BattleBorn
  • ii)PS3 - This was angry birds starwars. Still haven't got around to trying it out though.

• When I started the year off, I had 393 games played with 171 completed. I now have 462 games with 196 completed. My total number of games has increased by 69 games this year and I'm at 266 games still not 100%                                                                                 

10. Recommendations of games to play from current / previous years ? ( games you have played in the last 6 months only )

• Games I've enjoyed this year are:
  1. Until Dawn
  2. Rocket League
  3. Bloodborne
  4. Hardware Rivals
  5. Tales from the borderlands
  6. Trine 2
  7. Dragon Quest Heroes
  8. Ratchet and Clank
  9. Gone Home

Bonus Question  What do you think happ  ened to Saltyie ? ( creativity will be rewarded )  

• I think the gaming addiction finally got to him. Platting 6-8 games a month, he started becomming antisocial. His friends and family checked him into Trophy Hunting Anonymous and he has been going through withdrawal for a few weeks now. He is going through the steps and eventually will be able to play a videogame without having the urge to collect all the trophies. He removed his PSNP account and went offline to avoid us to not pressure him back into the hunt. One day he'll come back to PSNP to catch up and become an emotional speaker/mentor to others who suffer from trophy hunting.

All jokes aside, I hope he's doing alright and was just sick of us at psnp and that's why he went silent lol

Had some freetime on lunch today and pulled out the stats for May. I want to do a 5 monther but I may wait until end of June for that to include it for the count. Hope all is well. Enjoy the week.

Well It's officially the halfway point in the league. The first 5 months have gone by pretty fast. This is hump month an then the second half of the season will be underway.

The month of May brought about the Golden Game of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Some people already played the superior version on the ps3 and CJ and I overlooked that one and apologize. (Mostly blame CJ because he likes the bashing). Some of us relived the story of Carl Johnson and took Grove Street back and sent Tennpenny straight to hell. We had 7 of the 13 pick up the game and of those 7, three platted the game. Congrats to Couch, Twitch and Spazza for platting last months Golden game and extra shoutout to Spazza who platted it crazy fast. June's golden game Battleborn, was nominated by Zombie and Matt. A few of us have been playing the game and are close to the halfway mark. Zombie and Couch both started it early so they lost a few bonus points but for a 100+ hour game, it doesn't really matter. This will be my lowest scoring month due to this game haha.

Stats time which is one of my favorite parts of helping with the league:

We had a total of 33 platinums earned this month (29 last month) with CJ earning 6 plats so congrats to him. We had 115 (109 last month) Gold trophies earned last month with CJ earning 25 so congrats to him….again. Next up was silver with 360 (308 last month) earned and CJ took the victory in that with 77 silver trophies. Lastly there were 996 (959 last month) bronze trophies with CJ picking up 142 followed by Salt with a 134. All that being said the 13 of us picked up a total of 1504 (1405 last month) trophies. CJ squeaked out a victory with 558 total points for the month (doesn't include backlog or golden game points) followed by Spazza with 426 and Couch with 415. The lowest scoring person was matt with 6 points.

Twitch completed a backlog game this month so shoutout to him.

Here is a breakdown of each platinum earned by each person:

Salt – 4 Plats – Division and the Uncharted re-mastered Series 

Zombie – Trine 2

Spazza – 3 Plats – GTASA, Table Top Racing and Tropico 5

Gibbo – 4 plats – Nier, Red Faction Guerilla & Armegeddon, Borderlands Pre-sequal

Josh – 2 Plats – Wolfenstein and Table Top Racing

Simp – 3 Plats - MXGP2, Table Top racing, Uncharted 4

Couch – 5 plats – GTASA, Dragon Quest Heroes, DMC, Ratchet and Clank, Table Top Racing

CJ – 6 Plats – Table Top Racing, Coffin Dodgers, Trine 2, Ratchet and Clank, Division, Persona 4

Twitch – 3 Plats – GTASA , The order & Table Top Racing

Wayne – Resistance Burning Skies

• Like 4

Great wrap up Couch. Lovin the stats ............ Loving the lead.

Playstation Conference on in half hour ........ what will Sony's response be to that lovely looking Xbox One S ............ definitely the console of the future. Link to conference below for those interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk74m41wyhc&feature=youtu.be&et_cid=em_262734&et_rid=52797385&Linkid=&

• Like 2

Thanks for the stats couch, but I don't see my name on the plat list :(

Um because you didn't have any for May lol. You've got 2 in June so far and the one before that was in April. Let me know if I missed something and I'll add it in

• Like 2

Shadow of Mordor, was better than I expected it to be. Still wish I grabbed the DLC instead of just the standard copy.

San Andreas. Was happy to dive back into the world of San Andreas and pick up the Plat for it!

Tropico 5. Very addictive and fun, fairly easy Plat but lots to do to get it.

Guitar Hero Live. First game of the series I've been able to completely finish (Been playing since PS2) Lots of grinding but very happy I pulled it off.

The Division. I did enjoy the game but there was something that was missing from it, and sadly that made the game a bit lacklustre at times.

Broforce. Way too many glitches, tried to play it with a friend and it would lag constantly.

Strumillionaire (Strum one million times in Guitar Hero). Made the Plat take two months longer than it should have been.

8. Last game bought for :

i) PS4 - Sniper Elite 3

ii)PS3 - Naughty Bear (I think, not a big fan of the game.)

iii) Vita - Can't remember, don't get on it too often.

Slightly increased.

San Andreas, Guitar Hero, Transistor.

Bonus Question: What do you think happened to Saltyie ? ( creativity will be rewarded )

Saltyie inherited a beach condo and a shit tonne of Microsoft stock from his recently deceased Great Uncle Norris and has decided to live out the rest of his days sipping on Pineapple cocktails and listening to The Beach Boys.

Edited by spazza136
  • Like 3

Bonus Question: What do you think happened to Saltyie ? ( creativity will be rewarded )

Saltyie inherited a beach condo and a shit tonne of Microsoft stock from his recently deceased Great Uncle Norris and has decided to live out the rest of his days sipping on Pineapple cocktails and listening to The Beach Boys.

....... he has a Great Uncle Norris too   :P

• Like 1

Get ready for a good read guys :popcorn:

Favourite game of the year so far

Definitely Uncharted 4, amazing game and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it :)

Favourite game of the year played released before 2016

Has to be Rainbow Six Seige (came out December 2015 so still counts :P), love that game so much. If I had better internet would be a whole lot better.

Favourite PS+ game of the year

Yet to play tropico 5 but would have to be Table top racing, still haven't got the plat for it but having fun with it (considering it was free). Honourable mentions go to Gone home and Switch Galaxy Ultra. Gone home had a great story and haven't played too much of SGU but had some fun playing with Cj :)

Platinum most proud of this year

Tough one, has to be out of Star Wars Battlefront (the grind to lvl 50 was tough), RSS (mainly due to my shit internet and Armello (I have no luck, remember.) But overall most proud has to be Armello , the luck based trophies really fucked with me.

Most overrated game of the year to date

The division. Don't even have to think about it. I think once I get to lvl 30 I might start to enjoy it a bit more but this game was a real disappointment to me.

Most frustrating trophy

Ancient's wrath from Armello , super luck based and went about 8 hours straight with no luck. Had to annihilate another player with Brun's hero power active, basically keep rolling the dice until I could get a certain hit combo, also had to get a lucky deck of cards.

Worst game of the year to date

The division. Nuff said.

Last game bought for:

PS4: think it was Uncharted 4? Last game downloaded was Switch Galaxy Ultra.

PS3. L.A noire (been awhile since I bought a ps3 game, still have a heap to buy though :P)

Vita: don't own one

Has your Backlog increased/decreased

Definitely increased

Recommendations of games to play from current/previous years

- Rainbow Six Seige (if you enjoy mp games and have fairly good internet)

- Dust an Elysian Tale (beautiful game, thanks for nominating it in my comp Cj)

- Uncharted 4 (masterpiece)

- Switch Galaxy Ultra (considering it was free really enjoying it)

Bonus Question, what do you think happened to Saltyie

Easy question, Cj and Couch have kidnapped him and plan to get a thousand point lead then release him soon after.

Being serious though, hope your alright man

• Like 2

1. Favourite Game of the Year to date? NA - I haven't played any games that were released this year.

2. Favourite Game of the Year played released before 2016 ? Driveclub.

3. Favourite PS+ game of the Year? NA - I haven't played any games that were part of PS+ this year. My subscription expired earlier this year (around mid-April I think), as I'm currently playing my PS3 and none of the offerings have appealed to me since then I've decided not to re-new it for the time being.

4. Platinum most proud of this year ? I've only achieved 5 platinums this year to date: Driveclub, Need for Speed Rivals, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Burnout Paradise and Resistance: Burning Skies. None of them are considered particularly difficult but Driveclub would be the one that I'm most proud of.

5. Most over rated game of the year to date? NA - I haven't played any games that were released this year.

6. Worst game of the Year to date? NA - I haven't played any games that were released this year.

7. Most frustrating trophy? Hard to say, none of them really stand out as extremely frustrating. Sure I had difficulty with some of them but I managed to pick them up after taking a small break from the game.

8. Last game bought for :    i) PS4 - Battlefield: Hardline & Killzone Shadowfall

ii) PS3 - Lost Dimension & Dark Souls 2

iii) Vita - Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

iii) increased by 1 - 10 - A slight increase of maybe one or two games, hoping to have the total decrease by the end of the year.

10. Recommendations of games to play from current / previous years ( games you have played in the last 6 months only)? I would definitely recommend Driveclub, Skulls of the Shogun was also very enjoyable although I'm not sure that it would appeal to most players.

Bonus Question  What do you think happened to Saltyie? As he's from England then he's undoubtedly a football hooligan, my guess would be that he traveled to France for Euro 2016 and was involved in the clash with Russian fans after the opening group game between the two nations. He was subsequently arrested for his role in the scuffle and is currently sitting in a French jail awaiting his court date. However in typical French fashion, the authorities are in no hurry to set the date because they're too busy telling the rest of the world how great their own football team is after beating Romania in the opening game of the tournament. As a result, the migrants that Saltyie has employed to earn his trophies for him haven't been paid since this has all taken place and thus forcing them to go looking for work elsewhere. Coincidentally in the meantime, CJ has stormed to the top of the table and opened up a sizable lead...  :P 

• Like 2

Hey folks. Got a points update for you.

CJ - 3333

Couch - 2793

Gibbo - 2687

Salt - 2675

Simp - 2317

Twitch - 1831

Josh - 1563

Epic - 1407

Spazza - 1405

Zombie - 1019

Matt - 564

Feral - 521

Wayne - 483

Weekend plans for this guy are hopefully earning two trophies. Purple splendor for Guns up and the ironbro trophy for broforce. Then I need to seriously start playing some games to get me some points. CJ is gone and people behind me are catching my ass haha.

• Like 4