C2 Invitational League ( And it is over )

Hey guys. Hope the week was well. Coming to an end to August and only a few months left of the year...going by quickly.

Points update:

CJ - 5384

Couch - 5096 - CJ took his lead back...what a jerk

Gibbo - 3561

Simp - 3193

Zombie - 2936 - surpassed Saltyie

Salt - 2675

Twitch - 2556

Spazza - 2067

Josh - 1985

Epic - 1821

Wayne - 749

Matt - 564

Feral - 553

• Like 3

Hi all,

My apologies for the lack of updates to the OP backlog games. This month has been a little crazy but will get back on top of it starting tomorrow.

Huge congrats to Couch for a massive effort today carrying Team Irrumabo to victory in the Teams league. I know he, as am I are looking forward to moving on to some more enjoyable ( and yes longer ) games over the next months.

Finally I understand that there has been some growing hostility amongst the natives regarding the games and trophy acquisition that myself and Couch have been playing over the last month. This was done in an effort to secure victory for the teams league and trust me, we needed every point we got. As I am sure you understand Couch was disgusted having to do this ( of course the same probably can't be said for me ). When we first planned this event neither of us intended to win it, and that remains true today. As it seems inevitable that one of us will end up with the highest score, I would like to assure you that neither of us will be claiming the prize. This means that the winner of the main prize is still very much undecided and with 3 months left to go I am looking forward to seeing who it's going to be,

As always happy gaming, and looking forward to catching up in the chat.

• Like 3

Hi all,

My apologies for the lack of updates to the OP backlog games. This month has been a little crazy but will get back on top of it starting tomorrow.

Huge congrats to Couch for a massive effort today carrying Team Irrumabo to victory in the Teams league. I know he, as am I are looking forward to moving on to some more enjoyable ( and yes longer ) games over the next months.

Finally I understand that there has been some growing hostility amongst the natives regarding the games and trophy acquisition that myself and Couch have been playing over the last month. This was done in an effort to secure victory for the teams league and trust me, we needed every point we got. As I am sure you understand Couch was disgusted having to do this ( of course the same probably can't be said for me ).

Thanks CJ. That was definitely a close one and came right down to the last hour. Not all those games I played were shameful but OMG I got burnout pretty bad. And I'm not disgusted, I'll remember these 27 platinums were done to achieve a hard fought victory :)

Anywho it's Sunday night for me and going back to a weekly points update roughly at this time each week.

Couch - 6075

CJ - 5721

Gibbo - 3617

Simp - 3240

Zombie - 3089

Salt - 2675

Twitch - 2614

Spazza - 2102

Josh - 2076

Epic - 1825

Wayne - 754

Matt - 564

Feral - 553

I went to play something substantial today on the ps4...probably going to start driveclub and I can't get it to connect to my TV. I switch the ps3 over and that works fine. I put the PS4 on a different tv and it works fine so I'm not sure what's going on. Going to replace the HDMI cables sometime this week and hopefully that fixes the problem but I think it's more the HDMI port on my TV :(.

Have a good week guys :)

• Like 1

If you thought that was hard fought Couch, just wait until next season of C2 :)

I'll be bringing my A-game for sure and based on my quick math I would be crushing you all (well, slightly beating you and CJ) this season even though I didn't start on Playstation until middle of February.

It will be fun for sure, gotta build that backlog up again.

• Like 1

If you thought that was hard fought Couch, just wait until next season of C2 :)

I'll be bringing my A-game for sure and based on my quick math I would be crushing you all (well, slightly beating you and CJ) this season even though I didn't start on Playstation until middle of February.

It will be fun for sure, gotta build that backlog up again.

Next year for me will be nothing like this year. I start my undergrad degree, saving up for a house, possibly a second job and wife and I are thinking bout bringing little couchsters into the mix. It'll be great to have new faces in here and hopefully a mix of more middle and low scoring folks for those that don't have much competition near where they stand.

Haha and we had a guy in here now sitting at 5th place that was going to destroy everybody. Just need to wait and see I suppose lol

• Like 3

Next year for me will be nothing like this year. I start my undergrad degree, saving up for a house, possibly a second job and wife and I are thinking bout bringing little couchsters into the mix. It'll be great to have new faces in here and hopefully a mix of more middle and low scoring folks for those that don't have much competition near where they stand.

Haha and we had a guy in here now sitting at 5th place that was going to destroy everybody. Just need to wait and see I suppose lol

I can relate to that, I am possibly going to be finishing school in May (history/economics major psychology/journalism minor) and unless my desperate plan to become a stay at home spouse works (my backup plan is to go into grad school and stay there for all of eternity,) things are going to get really bad for me really quickly.

You should know by now that I'm too competitive to go down without a fight :P I might not win but it won't be because I didn't get a high score and kick a bunch of ass. 

• Like 2

Next year for me will be nothing like this year. I start my undergrad degree, saving up for a house, possibly a second job and wife and I are thinking bout bringing little couchsters into the mix. It'll be great to have new faces in here and hopefully a mix of more middle and low scoring folks for those that don't have much competition near where they stand. Haha and we had a guy in here now sitting at 5th place that was going to destroy everybody. Just need to wait and see I suppose lol

Your not allowed to use little Couchster's to play for you ........ Although it would be good to see someone finally finish off that Frozen game for you

And it seems like my run at the top is over .......... Nice one

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2

OP is all updated, with backlog games too ..... finally  :facepalm:

So Couch has me by 354pts, very nice. Going to be tough to get that back.

But more importantly it looks like three competitors are still very much in the race for the main prize with only 625 puts between them. 3 months to go, can Gibbo hold on  :(

Gibbo - 3561

Simp - 3193

Zombie - 2936

Edited by cjshaitan

OP is all updated, with backlog games too ..... finally  :facepalm:

So Couch has me by 354pts, very nice. Going to be tough to get that back.

But more importantly it looks like three competitors are still very much in the race for the main prize with only 625 puts between them. 3 months to go, can Gibbo hold on  :(

Gibbo - 3561

Simp - 3193

Zombie - 2936

im more worried about zombie he has come from the clouds

Finally I understand that there has been some growing hostility amongst the natives regarding the games and trophy acquisition that myself and Couch have been playing over the last month. This was done in an effort to secure victory for the teams league and trust me, we needed every point we got. As I am sure you understand Couch was disgusted having to do this ( of course the same probably can't be said for me ). When we first planned this event neither of us intended to win it, and that remains true today. As it seems inevitable that one of us will end up with the highest score, I would like to assure you that neither of us will be claiming the prize. This means that the winner of the main prize is still very much undecided and with 3 months left to go I am looking forward to seeing who it's going to be,

To be honest, who cares what everyone thinks of the games that Couch and yourself have been playing? The option to play these games is there fore everybody in this competition and if they choose not to play them then that's their prerogative. Anyway I appreciate you both Couch and yourself removing from contention to win the competition in the interest of fairness :).

I went to play something substantial today on the ps4...probably going to start driveclub and I can't get it to connect to my TV. I switch the ps3 over and that works fine. I put the PS4 on a different tv and it works fine so I'm not sure what's going on. Going to replace the HDMI cables sometime this week and hopefully that fixes the problem but I think it's more the HDMI port on my TV :(.

Hopefully you get this issue sorted out soon! I think Driveclub is a great game, enjoy it when you get around to playing it :).

• Like 2

Oh no this isn't happening. The $200 prize can't go to us, but to the next top placed finisher. However as far as winner and bragging rights we are still very much in contention.

Couch or yourself will win the main comp (although are 1 hour plats enough to brag about haha  :P ) but who will win the rarity award ;)  

and unless my desperate plan to become a stay at home spouse works

You should know by now that I'm too competitive to go down without a fight :P I might not win but it won't be because I didn't get a high score and kick a bunch of ass. 

I do know how competitive you are :) It's pretty scary lol

And there just needs to be little Andrea's running around to become a stay at home spouse right?

Your not allowed to use little Couchster's to play for you ........ Although it would be good to see someone finally finish off that Frozen game for you

And it seems like my run at the top is over .......... Nice one

My offer still stands. If someone can finish frozen...without spending precious $$$ to pay to win, I'll donate 1000 of CJ's or Simps points :)

You can name one Sofa  :P

ooh and two middle names. One king and the other cool. Sofa King cool Couch

im more worried about zombie he has come from the clouds

As you should be muahahahahahahaha

Hopefully you get this issue sorted out soon! I think Driveclub is a great game, enjoy it when you get around to playing it :).

Started it last night and it's pretty nice. I'm liking how detailed the environment is...up to a point where I'm coming out of a cave and need a pair of sun glasses because the Sun is blinding me :)

Also working on Adventure Capitalist which is mostly an idle mobile game ported to the ps4. I don't know what it is but there's something oddly strange and fun about watching this virtual money grow into numbers you didn't even no existed lol

Oh no this isn't happening. The $200 prize can't go to us, but to the next top placed finisher. However as far as winner and bragging rights we are still very much in contention.

what do you mean we? Unless you crack open some more short games which I can't do to myself anymore...you sir are in the passenger seat

• Like 2

So from one extreme to the next. Don't forget to drop in and vote for Andrea.............. It will look even better for me then if I pull of an upset.

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40731-the-lets-play-something-that-isnt-terrible-platinum-challenge-andrea-vs-cjshaitan/#entry1087563

I do know how competitive you are :) It's pretty scary lol

And there just needs to be little Andrea's running around to become a stay at home spouse right?

My offer still stands. If someone can finish frozen...without spending precious $$$ to pay to win, I'll donate 1000 of CJ's or Simps points :)

ooh and two middle names. One king and the other cool. Sofa King cool Couch

As you should be muahahahahahahaha

Started it last night and it's pretty nice. I'm liking how detailed the environment is...up to a point where I'm coming out of a cave and need a pair of sun glasses because the Sun is blinding me :)

Also working on Adventure Capitalist which is mostly an idle mobile game ported to the ps4. I don't know what it is but there's something oddly strange and fun about watching this virtual money grow into numbers you didn't even no existed lol

what do you mean we? Unless you crack open some more short games which I can't do to myself anymore...you sir are in the passenger seat

I have done some crazy shit in my life but even I would draw the line at getting into a car driven by an American .............

I saw a video of Adventure Capitalist and it looks like it could be a bit of stupid fun for an hour or so here and there, I think that I'll pick it up at some time. Now just got to wait for it to come to the AUS store...

So we coming down to the final push can Gibbo hang on, will Simp make a lunge for victory, can Zombie shake off a disappointing shame game finish and lay claim to the title ...... Can't wait to see only 84 days to go.

I'm currently designing the trophies for the league, and having a blast with photoshop ( yes all participants get one, but the special ones go to 1st/2nd/3rd ). I aim to post them in OP by 25th of September, before headin away on holidays.

As always happy gaming and catch you all around hopefully in the chat :)

I was all set yesterday to sit down and do the points and stats for this last week and then wasn't able to get to my spreadsheet on my computer...moved it into an online work folder and forgot to make the folder viewable offline.

I did a quick points update on my lunch break and will either do the stats this Thursday (my time), or this upcoming weekend. Anywho....

Couch - 6175

CJ - 5763

Gibbo 3671

Simp 3298

Zombie 3133

Salt 2675

Twitch 2645

Josh 2261

Spazza 2157

Epic 1827

Wayne 766

Matt 564

Feral 562

We had Josh going crazy this last week and passed up Spazza. I also saw Matt playing some Zombi this weekend but no trophy progress yet according to psnp so Feral/Wayne may have some more competition...maybe.

This week/weekend I've been stepping back from going after trophies and just playing co-op with Zombie in poker, rocket league and Black ops 3. Still working on Drive club...just a few grind trophies that will come legit while working on the dlc trophies and I'll have the plat...then another 110 dlc trophies to go :)

Have a good week.

Couch

• Like 1

Nice lead Couch, you are really pulling away.

How are you finding prominence poker ? Seems quite fun.

Enjoy the Driveclub DLC, it's definitely great value with all that content. Will you look at Driveclub bikes as well

Not trying to pull away. Earning a trophy here or there and happy with that. You're just playing something that takes longer that a few hours to complete :)

Poker is pretty fun. Sticking with Multiplayer for now. I have to say that I'm not that good....probably because I'm not using real money so taking bigger risks.

The DLC is kinda boring me. It's exactly the same trophy list for every pack haha. No creativity there. Oh well, it's still a good racing game. Not sure on Bikes just yet. Looks like it's not part of the season pass and not sure if I want to shell out more money for this game since it will be sitting on the back burner starting the 20th while Zombie and I go back to Destiny and finish up the new expansion coming...and hoping to god that it's the last one lol