Speedrun - PSVita vrs PS4

markcavan

Has anyone tried the speed-run on PSVita and completed it within the 1 hour time ?  

I've tried act 1 three times now and my best time is 25 minutes (first two attempts were 26 minutes). I have reviewed some video's online (looks like they were recorded on PC) and they get it done in around 17-18 minutes and I've been following the same paths but I'm still 7-8 minutes behind so I'm asking myself if it the somewhat slower load times on PSV that is causing me problems ?

The trophy says load times dont count. Are you missing some niceness optimization?

I don't think so as the third play through I religiously followed the path and options to ensure I missed no time messing around.  Which is kinda why I'm questioning the load times on the PSV.  I may just download on the PS4 and try again but PSN is down for site maintenance at the moment.

I did it with about 4 minutes to spare and that's even with a couple mistakes. The best part is that you can take screenshots of the puzzles to look at while you're figuring them out, and the clock doesn't move forward while you're in the Vita desktop or in another program. Just make sure you pause.

I did it with about 4 minutes to spare and that's even with a couple mistakes. The best part is that you can take screenshots of the puzzles to look at while you're figuring them out, and the clock doesn't move forward while you're in the Vita desktop or in another program. Just make sure you pause.

Great, thanks.  I'm probably getting hung up on the time too much for act 1.  25 minutes maybe okay, I'll continue and see how fast I get through act 2. 

Just to followup on this thread.  I redone my act 1 time on PS4 and got it down to 19 minutes.  Some of the improvement was due to the fact it was my fourth speed-run attempt but I found it way faster to navigate and control on the PS4 compared to the PSVita.

Anyhow, overall time for me to complete was:

• Act 1 Complete - 19 minutes (on my fourth attempt) 
  • Act 2 Complete - 48 minutes (on my first attempt)
  • Finale Complete - 53 minutes (on my first attempt)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Did it on Vita. You have 8 save files so utilize them all. 

My times:

Chapter 1 (21 Mins)

Chapter 2 (49 Mins)

Finale (55 Mins)

A word of warning don't make a new save once Chapter 2 starts. I chose Shay to start chapter 2 right out of the ship, and made a save file. Felt like I messed up and tried to reload the save file and it made me watch all of the unskippable cut scenes from the end of chapter 1. So if you pick Shay change 1 whole screen before making a backup save to start chapter 2. 

Edited by Reign_Of_Fire88
clarity