The Last of Us 2 confirmed yet?

Maxximum

this is the first time since the game was released that i see someone who played it and didn't liked it lol like for real (well at least i hope you played it because i didn't see it in your profile).

i respect your opinion, either way perfection doesn't exist.

Really? I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who didn't like it, even on these forums.

Now don't get me wrong, the game is well made. From the polished gameplay, to graphics, to small details, it's all great. I just didn't like it because it was too 'safe'. It wasn't revolutionary or innovative like everyone told me it was. It was the same old tired post apocalyptic "man is the real evil" story that has been done to death. They didn't take any big risks, they just used the same thing that countless books, movies, and games have before.

I was just expecting so much more from the "greatest game ever", but I left disappointed. I totally understand why others loved it though, and I'm knocking anyone who did enjoy it.

• Like 1

The Last Of Us is not yet a franchise.  There has only been one TLOU game released to date (Left Behind is an expansion and cannot be classed as a sequel).  By the very definition of the word "franchise", nothing can become a franchise until there are multiple "versions" of it.  This applies to movies, games, restaurants, bars, hotels, etc, ad infinitum.  TLOU will not and cannot become a franchise until such time as Naughty Dog confirm 100% that a sequel is in production.

sorry i meant IP, i know that we have to wait for naughty dog to confirm it to 100% know that a sequel is in production, but after everything that has happened and said we are 90% sure though.

Really? I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who didn't like it, even on these forums.

Now don't get me wrong, the game is well made. From the polished gameplay, to graphics, to small details, it's all great. I just didn't like it because it was too 'safe'. It wasn't revolutionary or innovative like everyone told me it was. It was the same old tired post apocalyptic "man is the real evil" story that has been done to death. They didn't take any big risks, they just used the same thing that countless books, movies, and games have before.

I was just expecting so much more from the "greatest game ever", but I left disappointed. I totally understand why others loved it though, and I'm knocking anyone who did enjoy it.

well personally it was my first time, i obviously know that there might be people out there that didn't liked it either for whatever reason and i respect their opinion, perfection doesn't exist so there will always be people who likes and dislike certain game, even if they are good or bad.

i think that even if the story is nothing new the way naughty dog handled the characters, the game passing, the environment, the OST, their feels and emotions, personalities, a great gameplay, etc and they put it all together in 1 single game is what made this game one of the most critical acclaimed. and this goes to show how talented that team is if they managed to get a maybe cliche concept and somehow turn it into a very unique experience inside its genre.

and i don't know if revolutionary is the word but the game did inspired some other games and movies to change their gameplay/story/character focus a little, like resident evil revelations 2 which has many similar elements to TLOU (even barry burton's appearance and his girl companion are almost a copy and paste version of joel and ellie), the evil within also took a little bit of the gameplay with the stealth stuff, throw bottles, attack with a knife from behind..., some people has been saying that rise of the tomb raider also has some similar elements to TLOU but i have yet to play it when it comes to ps4, the movie maggie starring arnlod schwarzenegger also took a lot from TLOU in terms of characters style and personalities, etc...

Edited by smellslikejavier

• 4 months later...

I definitely think it will happen, especially after this: http://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-2-naughty-dog-confirmation-102/ 

The Last of Us was a major success, there's no way Naughty Dog is ending there. I also watched something some months ago after Uncharted 4 released about Neil Druckmann working together with somebody else to trial some smaller development demos, The Last of Us 2 was among these demos. I know that this video was on IGNs Youtube channel but it was a while ago so I can't be bothered scrolling all the way down, sorry. 

You don't throw away good characters, and you certainly don't do a one off when a game is so well received. 

I don't know what they said about Ellie but they said we wont be seeing Joel in any sequel. 

I highly doubt we will get a sequel to the Last of Us. But a new game in the series, well we know its happening.